Annual Pass - When to buy and when to renew?

DVC Grandpa

DVC Member
This will be my first opportunity to renew or buy an Annual Pass as a DVC member. We have always renewed but looking at the price difference between the DVC Regular Price ($314.18) and The DVC Renewal price ($298.20), a savings of $15.98 which includes tax. I am wondering at what point a DVC Member new ticket would be the smart way to go?
Our renewal date is 9/5/05 and we will be going to WDW in November so a renewal may be in order, however if I were not to go until some later date, I would think a new pass would be appropriate.
Does anyone have a calculation on the purchase date of a renewal ticket and the actual time used should be before a new AP is purchased?

I have an annual pass but had not paid attention to the DVC price of renewal. I don't believe I would renew for that close of a price difference. I would wait until Nov and purchase. Mine expires in May and unless I plan on going in early June I'll wait to purchase a new pass. I have not seen a calculation of when it is best to purchase one over the other.

In our case, we only go once a year and have used all of our 06 points so I think that this time I will renew my pass. I'll use it for 20+ days in November and not renew it in 06 but wait until out January/February trip in 07. If I renewed it in 06 I would have 4 months before it was used. I liked it when the renewal date and activation date could be different, I always renerwd it then, now I have to give it some thought. :rolleyes1

If you renew, the new pass will expire 9/5/06. If you get a new pass in November, it will not expire until 11/??/06. Do you think you will have another trip between 9/5/06 and 11/06?

Most of our trips are in the January/February time period. We went during September 2002 when we could activate our renewal voucher at any time. He have renewed it under the new rules ever since.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter