Annual passes

CdnDisneyer

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone.

I'm new to the board and want to take this opportunity to thank you for all the wonderful information. I immensely enjoy the Canadian perspective of it all and am thankful that there are other Disney nuts like me out there!

Can someone please advise where/how is the best way to purchase annual passes. And can you comment on whether they are definately worth your while for hotel discounts and any other benefits that I may not be aware of? i.e. Can you apply a AP discount if they have a Cdn. $ at par special?

Hi and Welcome! I too am in the process of deciding on an AP purchase and so far the best price seems to be the $392 price through Disney themselves. I believe they charge $3 for shipping.

For me it will be a good deal because I hope to use it for 4 trips before my year runs out. We are also staying off site for most of out nights in April so right there it will save me $35 in parking fees. I will also be using it for the 10% discount at Downtown Disney. If there is a Canadian at par special and an AP rate you have to choose which rate would be better because you could not use both.

I agree, hockey mom, the best price does seem to be from Disney...we were going to get them from our "local" Disney Store - a 3.5 hr drive away!!LOL anyway, apparently, we have to order them - in person - and then return three to four weeks later to pick them up...and this is all just for the voucher...are you ordering them from the website?

CdnDisneyer...the "prevailing thought" is that you would "break even" on an AP if you are planning to spend 8 days or more in the parks in the next year. AP room discounts are traditionally pretty great,...happy planning!!

Thanks for the info Hockey Mom and mbb. I didn't know about the 10% discount at Disney Village.

The Toronto Eaton Centre Disney store told me they couldn't obtain annual passes. But I will try Disney. Plus I believe that $392 price was also listed on this website too.

If you have a Disney Club membership use it to get 10 percent or is it 5 on your annual pass before Dec 31.

Anyone know what the price of a 5 day park hopper without the plus is?::MickeyMo

Ap at the Disney store with the Disney Club discount is $525. in Canadian dollars I just bought mine last week. You can order it by phone and they phoned 2 weeks later for me to pick it up.It's a green voucher that you exchange at any ticket counter at the entrance to any of the parks. Hope this is of some help.

We actually got our annual passes down at WDW and because of the exchange rate actually paid less than we would have here. We did take advantage of the Disney Club discount too although we were lucky that we went in October so that we could that.

Definitely check the exchange rate ... it could work in your favour. We bought our APs in Orlando and saved some money through the exchange rate and the Disney Club (too bad they're canceling it :mad: )

Sorry but I'm a little lost when it comes to exchange rates and math in general! How is it more advantageous exchange rate wise to buy AP's in Orlando? Doesn't it work out about the same?

I understand our dollar is at its best right now which I thought would be an additional attraction to buying an AP.

Now we're thinking of going between Christmas and New Years but would have to drive and as its close to the time don't have a lot of options for good deals on hotels. Anyone have two cents worth on driving at this time of year? i.e. snow storms to worry about?:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter