Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a new link for SWGE on passholder specials website but it does not include a link for sign ups. It states emails will be sent out

I wish they had given dates for the previews so I would know if I can stop watching!
This. If this isn't happening while I'm there, at least I can give up the ghost and know that I'll just see it for the first time in November.

I have never been at the parks for any grand openings so maybe this is just my lack of experience. But I'm disappointed to see that to go to the preview, everyone attending must have an Annual Pass. My hubby and I each have one but our kids each have a 10 day pass for our trip in August. I'm not going without them, so I can I can quit worrying about missing any e-mail! Disappointing.

I truly hope the email event is person specific so its not a free for all.

Considering how many eligible people (ie. people who pay the same price as everyone else) don’t receive Passholder emails I certainly don’t. I’m a Passholder (UK based) and I don’t receive emails because Disney doesn’t send them to UK passholders. I also don’t receive my free personalised MagicBands, AP sliders or the AP magnet but I pay the same price as everyone else despite this. I think it’s a generally accepted fact that Disney’s AP emailing system doesn’t work properly and wishing that eligible people who don’t receive emailings shouldn’t be able to register seems a bit callous to be honest.

It's a step at least. But doesn't look like the link will be posted there?
No, the link won't be posted "publically" even on an AP page. I didn't ever realize that folks thought it was going to be posted there. An announcement that emails went out, yes. But not the link itself. The link gets spread via social media like message boards or blogs but not via official channels.

Oh, come on! Why even add this to the AP page if it’s not ready to go live? They offered nothing but more confusion. Only 1 guest? I hope that’s just poor wording.
Why? I bet they've gotten hundreds of phone calls or emails asking info so they posted this to hope to answer some questions. Some people will still have more questions so probably didn't do what they hoped.

Well, one good thing that has come of this for me is that it’s gone long enough that im thinking I could go ahead and buy my wife her AP so we could both go.

I know the voucher for an AP to be redeemed is supposed to be good enough, but does anyone know if that will work if I purchase a Florida resident AP without verifying residency first? None of the options to verify while purchasing online will work, so we’ll have to do it in person.

Nope, it’s not just you. The AP Support Line CMs have told me that Canadians won’t receive the emails, even if you opt in, and they aren’t allowed to mail us the AP welcome packet even if we specifically ask for one. They’re sending me a welcome packet at the hotel on my next trip, which is really nice of them, but it’s still annoying that Disney is following such a strict interpretation of our anti-spam laws. I mean, if we’ve asked for them to send us something or to receive emails from them, then it can’t be considered to be spam, can it?
Sometimes the laws are badly/poorly written too. (a lot like Disney's announcements, LOL)
They could word it so that anything sent to a mass list, even one you want, qualifies as spam. Since Disney does send to a mass list and can't send individual emails then they may view that they can't get around the wording. I'm sure they've had their legal teams analyze it and they've determined their emails are not allowed

Considering how many eligible people (ie. people who pay the same price as everyone else) don’t receive Passholder emails I certainly don’t. I’m a Passholder (UK based) and I don’t receive emails because Disney doesn’t send them to UK passholders. I also don’t receive my free personalised MagicBands, AP sliders or the AP magnet but I pay the same price as everyone else despite this. I think it’s a generally accepted fact that Disney’s AP emailing system doesn’t work properly and wishing that eligible people who don’t receive emailings shouldn’t be able to register seems a bit callous to be honest.
Like yourself I’m in same boat and hoping to get the link to register from a kind soul posting it. All a joke re Disney and their AP emails. We don’t get a discount for not being able to receive magic bands and sliders and magnets or emails!

What I don’t understand about not getting AP emails is that when you purchase/register an AP at Universal, you can opt in to receive Passholder communications/offers. And then you receive them. I don’t understand why it’s so complicated and hit and miss to do the same at Disney. I realize you have to opt in, but don’t know why they don’t have a way to opt into AP communications instead of just having to opt in to all WDW communications and when you do opt in to WDW communications, you still may not get them.

What I don’t understand about not getting AP emails is that when you purchase/register an AP at Universal, you can opt in to receive Passholder communications/offers. And then you receive them. I don’t understand why it’s so complicated and hit and miss to do the same at Disney. I realize you have to opt in, but don’t know why they don’t have a way to opt into AP communications instead of just having to opt in to all WDW communications and when you do opt in to WDW communications, you still may not get them.

Exactly. We are Premier passholders at Universal and we get all the AP emails and have done from day 1. Disney just doesn’t seem to be able to get it right.

I have never been at the parks for any grand openings so maybe this is just my lack of experience. But I'm disappointed to see that to go to the preview, everyone attending must have an Annual Pass. My hubby and I each have one but our kids each have a 10 day pass for our trip in August. I'm not going without them, so I can I can quit worrying about missing any e-mail! Disappointing.

All passholder previews that I have attended had required all guests attending be passholders.

This isn’t a grand opening. AP Previews are sort of like soft openings for CMs. The grand opening will still be on August 29th and you do not have to be a passholder to start going to SWGE from the 29th forward

I truly hope the email event is person specific so its not a free for all.

I certainly hope not. As has been established here, Disney seems incapable / unwilling to email all of their paid AP holders, only the ones in the USA. As a UK guest, I never hear from them even though I pay exactly the same as US passholders. I can understand them not wanting to pay additional international postage for physical shipments, but emails???

Andre

No, the link won't be posted "publically" even on an AP page. I didn't ever realize that folks thought it was going to be posted there. An announcement that emails went out, yes. But not the link itself. The link gets spread via social media like message boards or blogs but not via official channels.

Now that you say it, makes total sense, but yeah, I thought that's what people had meant- the link would be posted there as well at some point. Thanks, I can quit checking there now! lol

Sometimes the laws are badly/poorly written too. (a lot like Disney's announcements, LOL)
They could word it so that anything sent to a mass list, even one you want, qualifies as spam. Since Disney does send to a mass list and can't send individual emails then they may view that they can't get around the wording. I'm sure they've had their legal teams analyze it and they've determined their emails are not allowed

Still doesn’t explain why they feel they can’t mail me a welcome package when I specifically call and ask for one. That’s not a mass mailing. And it doesn’t contain magicbands, which are banned from being mailed to us by a different set of laws. I personally think they just figure it’s easier to ban all emails and packages going outside the US, rather than trying to figure out what does/doesn’t break the various laws.

Wouldn’t it suck for you if u didn’t get the email then cause of the system like so many here don’t get regular pass holder emails.

Yes it would I guess I should have clarified I meant invite only. Random lottery. At this point I'm over this event if i can go great but they are not giving much time to plan for out of state pass holders . I rather just have an upcharge event to get in when our october trip comes around so I can actually enjoy my vacation without having to get up in the middle of the night with a toddler so I do not have to be there for a rope drop. Or spend a couple of grand for a 4 hour preview come august.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter