Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
So to clarify -- she indicated that the link won't be out in the next 30 days?
Right..hinted would be more the word I would use...but this directly conflicts with what the last CM I spoke with said which was I should keep an eye on the app and any social groups/threads like this because as soon as it hits people will start sharing / posting it...however the CM I just spoke with was from the internet help desk...I agree it does not seem to match with everything else I have been told/heard

I am so skeptical of what any CM tells me about something that has yet to happen. Phone level CM's are just not told what's going on, but they love claiming they know. Time will tell. They put out offers all the time that aren't emails directed only to those who qualify. I don't rule out that they're right, but I wouldn't bet 2 cents on it either. Good luck on getting a spot by calling. They'll be swamped. Just put the darn link up and be done with it!

Exactly. I have a hard time believing they will want everyone to call in. Wait times would be in the hours. There will be a link no doubt.

I do appreciate the information being shared but what does "it will be active in less than 30 days at this point...she seemed to hint the emails for "THAT preview" won't go out before then" mean?

I do appreciate the information being shared but what does "it will be active in less than 30 days at this point...she seemed to hint the emails for "THAT preview" won't go out before then" mean?
I was wondering the same thing, I don’t follow this at all.

I’m assuming it means that after one resets their preferences, it takes Disney about 30 days to, I don’t know, ‘fix’ the email system and add you. So this CM said not to worry because it should come out AFTER the 30 days. I don’t believe it for a second, but that’s what I’m thinking this means. But that would be crazy and Disney would have riots on Main Street if we could only call in. They know how bad their IT support and email system is...why would they need more of that? I’d be running to HS and screaming at the gates of Galaxy’s Edge...
26DE2860-3756-41C6-9FB7-A816EF0CA9E8.jpeg

and on the flip side those Disneyland signups were open to everyone whereas this is only for Platinum and up AP holders so that is a different dynamic as well. Also, this is the 2nd land so is the draw/pull the same as for the very first Star Wars Land? Just a lot of variables that make it hard to tell

Right and WDW is MUCH larger than DL so the resort reservation system they used there would likely not be feasable here.

If true. then the first preview couldn't be before the 26th, days before opening and meaning no notice to AP holders at all. I don't buy it.

You just know we would all wait on hold all day.

200.gif

The comments above about calling and waiting on hold reminded me of something. For anyone that hasn't gone through one of these registration processes before (and assuming this one goes like those did), there may be a loading/waiting screen after entering your registration information where you're told not to refresh and provided an anticipated waiting time (usually 1-5 minutes). It's a pretty harrowing wait as you know that others are already in and making selections. There occasionally have been stories of people who never got past the waiting screen, but believe most of those were for people who come in towards the end after the event filled. Anyway, the more you know . . .

The comments above about calling and waiting on hold reminded me of something. For anyone that hasn't gone through one of these registration processes before (and assuming this one goes like those did), there may be a loading/waiting screen after entering your registration information where you're told not to refresh and provided an anticipated waiting time (usually 1-5 minutes). It's a pretty harrowing wait as you know that others are already in and making selections. There occasionally have been stories of people who never got past the waiting screen, but believe most of those were for people who come in towards the end after the event filled. Anyway, the more you know . . .
That reminds me of the Disney Studio Store Hollywood in-line pin releases...you would get stuck on that screen and nothing would happen😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter