Annual Travel Insurance

KayleeUK

Still here.....
Hi

Has anyone got any good deals on this or can recommend where to look?

Thanks

Kaylee

Might be worth asking your bank. We get this free with our Royalties Gold account with the Royal Bank of Scotland:p

We got a very good deal from a tip posted on these boards. The company was at www.journeywise.co.uk and we got a family annual (worldwide) for £65.00. You put in your credit card details and print out the policy documents and certificate there and then - dead easy!!

This is a good deal cheaper than our previous insurance which was through Direct Line (again, booked online) which was £109.00

We also have an annual policy for £65 from Direct Travel (www.direct-travel.co.uk) , but since we have renewed this year, we get a further £10 off that price.

Just make sure you are comparing similar cover not just the price.

I would say you need at least £5,000,000 medical cover.

american express does annual travel insurance which if you pay extra covers car insurance in north america which might be worth a look

I know this won't affect Kaylee who posted the original question, but I found a lot of the family policies did not include children over 16.

We eventually had our annual family policy with Nationwide for around £89. This covers children either at home or in full time education up to age 23 (if they're still holidaying with you by then! :rolleyes: ).

As already mentioned, it is important to check the cover you're buying - cheapest might not always be the best - although hopefully you won't have to put it to the test!

We went with Journeywise which includes children up to 18. We had to get a separate policy for our daughter who is 19 but even with that it was a good deal.

Originally posted by Hilary
We eventually had our annual family policy with Nationwide for around £89. This covers children either at home or in full time education up to age 23 (if they're still holidaying with you by then! :rolleyes: ).

I am likely to take out an annual policy for me and my girlfriend with nationwide too - their cover looks good and we have our mortgage etc with them !

Neil

Originally posted by Hilary
I know this won't affect Kaylee who posted the original question, but I found a lot of the family policies did not include children over 16.

Our policy covers all of us. That's two adults and three children, the eldest is 21 (going on 51)

We too have the Nationwide annual family cover for £89 (and have had for the last three years . . in fact this year the price reduced by c£20).

We had to claim last year when DD was proper poorly and everything was done over the phone, merely sending in the medical reports etc and claim was dealt with efficiently, courteously and promptly.

We have not been penalised for making a claim.

In other words, I was impressed:p

Thank you. I thought I got my insurance cheap but using Direct travel I saved another £10 - more spending money. Now if I could just get my car hire sorted...
Wendy

Ours is with Journeywise - 2 adults, 3 children and we claimed last year due to a medical examination on holiday. We were reimbursed within 2 weeks. Excess was £35.00.

Lisa

ps. These were recommended by Which magazine last year as a Best Buy.

Hi There

We got a good deal from egg.com.
Easy to deal with and good cover
World wide cover for 1 year for £82 for our family of 4

:) :)

Btw some of the Journeywise insurance cover is as follows: (all based on Supercover policy)

£10,000,000 Medical cover
£ 1,000,000 sending you home in an emergency
£ 30,000 Personal accident
£2,000,000 Personal liability
£2,000 Personal belongings and £400 delayed baggage
£500 Personal money

Lisa

My Family Annual travel insurance is with Co-Op, Cold Card Club or something, its £6 per month to join this club, but the interesting thing is that from what I can see (and ive scoured the small print), theres no tie-in, so in theory you could join the month before you go, and cancel when you return....costing you £6.
Im sure they must have thought about this, but they dont appear to !

I don't know if you are an Air Miles collector, but thought I would post just in case anyone else reading this is!

I have just booked our annual Family policy with Air Miles, this is the only policy that covers your airmiles if you are using airmiles for your flights (we are using them for a domestic flight for Gatwick).

It cost £139 - this was reduced from £159 as I paid with my Air Miles Mastercard. I also got 100 miles to go into my account. This covers 2 adults and our two children ages 9 and 12.

... and not forgetting the American Express Premium policy. Although it is expensive (£260? for a family policy) it does include car insurance cover when you hire cars in North America. This might work out cheaper than paying seperately for travel insurance and for car insurance.

Regards

Rob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter