Another 18 nights RPR, just the two of us & HHN (2015 Trip)

Thanks mac, glad you enjoyed reading along and finally taking part this year.......::yes::

Although, can I start 2016 trip report before I think about 2017???? :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :wave2:

Thanks for the lovely comments........:goodvibes

just saying but i won't be seeing you in 2016, but in 2017.....

you know i will be reading along once you do the trip next year and your trip report....

Your report was fabulous...thanks so much for sharing. Definitely one of my all-time favs!

Thank you so much!!

I'm so glad you enjoyed it, and I appreciate the lovely comments!!! :wave2:

just saying but i won't be seeing you in 2016, but in 2017.....

you know i will be reading along once you do the trip next year and your trip report....

Ahh.......gotcha!! Thought I'd lost a year somewhere.........lol.......I'm very blonde at times :blush:

Great report as usual i've enjoyed following a long.

Do you have a vip/express card for dollar and alamo? We usually rent with usrentacar and like you prepay fuel in advance..is it called a gold package. But DH did join both vip schemes a few years ago. Main perk is you don't have to go to the rental desk at mco just the garage so you miss out on all that hard sell rubbish. I also like to think they are less likely to try to rip off a vip customer.

Another terrific report! So enjoyable,and love the fact that you and Tom are always smiling in your pictures.Thanks again for sharing.

I have really enjoyed your report. We have not been to Universal since before Harry Potter arrived. I would love do at least a long weekend with my husband and 21-year-old DD. I feel our time for family vacations is running down! Maybe we can manage a long weekend during her fall break next year. When do you plan to return? :)

Great report as usual i've enjoyed following a long.

Do you have a vip/express card for dollar and alamo? We usually rent with usrentacar and like you prepay fuel in advance..is it called a gold package. But DH did join both vip schemes a few years ago. Main perk is you don't have to go to the rental desk at mco just the garage so you miss out on all that hard sell rubbish. I also like to think they are less likely to try to rip off a vip customer.

Thanks......so glad you enjoyed it.........:)

We rent with usrentacar too and yes we did register for everything to avoid the desks.......but when we got to the machine it said to go to desk. Happened 3 years in a row......we gave up trying that....lol......

Spoken to several people who have said the hard sell process has been more aggressive last year or so.......the do seem to relish the fact that after such a long flight that some people may be easier to take advantage of. We saw one couple say they didn't have their contract with them, so they couldn't prove they had prepaid, although it would be in the system I imagine.........nightmare! So we make sure we're prepared for anything with them......it's unpleasant but we always stand our ground.........

May try the vip one again next year......and hope we get lucky........::yes::

Another terrific report! So enjoyable,and love the fact that you and Tom are always smiling in your pictures.Thanks again for sharing.

We sometimes think we must look a bit silly as we always seem to wander around smiling all the time........lol......Thank you so much for the lovely comments, I happy you enjoyed reading the trip report.......that's so nice to hear.........I do appreciate it......:flower3:

I have really enjoyed your report. We have not been to Universal since before Harry Potter arrived. I would love do at least a long weekend with my husband and 21-year-old DD. I feel our time for family vacations is running down! Maybe we can manage a long weekend during her fall break next year. When do you plan to return? :)

Oh so much has changed in that time!! You absolutely should try and get a trip with your daughter.......I totally understand time running out for family trips........a long weekend would be ideal for a trip with her.......we would love to hear all about when you do go!!

We go back next September into October again, our favourite time of the year to go!! HHN........::yes::

Glad to hear you've enjoyed it......it has been a bit of an epic and I really should have finished it before now......but thank you for the comments, it is nice to read ........:wave2:

Awesome report again! I look forward every year to reading your new one. Thanks very much!

Wow.......Thank you so much!

So kind of you to say that.........I'm so glad you enjoyed reading them.......:wave2:

Thanks for another wonderful report Carole...so sad it's over :sad: I always look forward to reading along each day....whatever will I do now?

I'm sorry your meal at Longhorn was a bust...I think I may have ran into the same group of Brits while playing minigolf...kids were running around with no supervision and hitting balls while others were still playing on the same hole instead of waiting their turn...I had enough after this happened the second time and I put a stop to it :rolleyes1

Can't wait till next year :flower1:

Yes I know you shouldn't have to to avoid the hard sell but it is the last thing you need after the flight. It wouldn't link online this year but we were told to go to the garage every time.
Is it just the two of you again next year?

Loved reading your report! Can't wait for our trip. 51 days!

Really glad to hear you enjoyed reading along.........thank you.........wow.....51 days....will be here before you blink!!!

I'm sure you'll have an amazing trip too.......:flower3:

Thanks for another wonderful report Carole...so sad it's over :sad: I always look forward to reading along each day....whatever will I do now?

I'm sorry your meal at Longhorn was a bust...I think I may have ran into the same group of Brits while playing minigolf...kids were running around with no supervision and hitting balls while others were still playing on the same hole instead of waiting their turn...I had enough after this happened the second time and I put a stop to it :rolleyes1

Can't wait till next year :flower1:

Well, don't do too much housework Vicki......it's very over rated you know........lol......ugh, some people just don't know how to behave do they!!

Thanks for the lovely comments all through Vicki, so glad you enjoyed reading it.........:thumbsup2

Yes I know you shouldn't have to to avoid the hard sell but it is the last thing you need after the flight. It wouldn't link online this year but we were told to go to the garage every time.
Is it just the two of you again next year?

Yes, at the moment it's just us two next year again......hopefully Kyle will either have a job or have gone on to do a PhD......so another waiting game really.......can always get him a last minute flight if we need to.

Definitely will try and avoid the car hire desks next year if we can too!! :)

Schumigirl, I inhaled your 2013 trip report because we were going to Universal for the first time in spring 2014, I loved your 2014 trip report because it brought back such great memories, and I inhaled this trip report because... we're going back again in March! :) Love all the details, love all the smiling photos, thanks so much for sharing!

Oh man - what a trip. Thanks for the report.

It really was an amazing trip this year......every year we say it can`t get any better......but it always seems to.......glad you enjoyed reading along with us........:-)

Schumigirl, I inhaled your 2013 trip report because we were going to Universal for the first time in spring 2014, I loved your 2014 trip report because it brought back such great memories, and I inhaled this trip report because... we're going back again in March! :) Love all the details, love all the smiling photos, thanks so much for sharing!

Yay.....to going back!!!!

I'm so glad to read you enjoyed the previous trip reports too.......thank you so much for the lovely and very kind comments......it's a pleasure to read.

Hope to read you love your time at Universal next year..........:wave2:

Wonderful trip report Carole! I made so many notes - places to eat - what to see and do. My dh Gareth and I hope to be back in the summer of 2016 ( with our kids) or March 2017. Fingers crossed. I get totally frustrated with the car rental - customer service (if you can call it that) too! We have been over charged without catching it - so like you - I pre pay everything or just use the taxis.

Thanks for a great read!

Jump00

Dear Schumgirl - I am the laziest Diser ever. I have followed your trip report from start to finish and loved every minute. Yet, I just now have the gumption to tell you how much I enjoyed it! In fact, I've enjoyed all of your trip reports. My favorite posts in this report were when you met Scooby and the gang and your meet up with Macraven. Both you ladies are so helpful on these boards. My son is going away to college, so it hit home when your Kyle had to stay behind. You can really tell you and your husband enjoy hanging out with each other. Oh, and please tell him he has the most fantastic griin! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your trip with us! Looking forward to next year.

Wonderful trip report Carole! I made so many notes - places to eat - what to see and do. My dh Gareth and I hope to be back in the summer of 2016 ( with our kids) or March 2017. Fingers crossed. I get totally frustrated with the car rental - customer service (if you can call it that) too! We have been over charged without catching it - so like you - I pre pay everything or just use the taxis.

Thanks for a great read!

Jump00

Thank you jump!! Glad you got a few suggestions out of it.........will keep my fingers crossed you get back next summer, 2017 sounds so far away right now!

Again, so glad you enjoyed reading along......I appreciate the nice comments.......:flower3:

Dear Schumgirl - I am the laziest Diser ever. I have followed your trip report from start to finish and loved every minute. Yet, I just now have the gumption to tell you how much I enjoyed it! In fact, I've enjoyed all of your trip reports. My favorite posts in this report were when you met Scooby and the gang and your meet up with Macraven. Both you ladies are so helpful on these boards. My son is going away to college, so it hit home when your Kyle had to stay behind. You can really tell you and your husband enjoy hanging out with each other. Oh, and please tell him he has the most fantastic griin! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your trip with us! Looking forward to next year.

Lol......now that made me laugh.......it's not lazy at all....but glad you posted to say how much you enjoyed it.......yes Scooby and the gang was a particularly happy event this year.......and of course meeting up with Mac finally was a highlight too.

It's hard when they head off to college isn't it........I feel for you, I really do, it's not easy........yes my husband and I really do enjoy each other's company.....never get bored even after over 25 years together :hug:.......and thank you I will certainly tell him you said he has a great grin.......:thumbsup2

Again, thank you so much for the lovely, kind comments you've given me..........I'm so glad you enjoyed reading and yes, next year is not that far away..........:wave2:

I've just managed to catch up with all your trip report. It was brilliant! Really fun to read and so well written. It looks like you had a really good time with Mac.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who gets a bit teary on the last day. I know exactly what you were describing, that feeling when you're so sad to be leaving but also so happy when you think back on all the wonderful memories you've just made.

Really really really enjoyed reading about your time in Orlando. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter