Another Atlantis Question

yayornay

Earning My Ears
Hi, has anyone just bought admission tickets for the day at the Atlantis ticket office/gate or do I have to buy them ahead of time online? I'm almost positive that is what we'll want to do, but am having a hard time committing just yet. Wondering what other's experiences have been with walking up vs purchasing ahead of time.

Thanks for any info!

Hi, has anyone just bought admission tickets for the day at the Atlantis ticket office/gate or do I have to buy them ahead of time online? I'm almost positive that is what we'll want to do, but am having a hard time committing just yet. Wondering what other's experiences have been with walking up vs purchasing ahead of time.

Thanks for any info!
The risk is they might be sold out. Atlantis has a walk-up window, but occasionally/frequently is sold out due to its own hotel guests and pre-booked cruise excursions hitting capacity. In off-peak times this isn't an issue, but if you're going when there's a school break somewhere, it could be.

And its not an issue of just being there first thing in the morning. There are times when they sell zero 'day-of' tickets because the quota has been hit withe the aforementioned guests.

Hey thanks for posting this question. I have no advice as next year will be my first cruise. Has anyone ever booked through the Disney incursions for Atlantis waterpark, if so would you say it’s worth it or would you book else where?

Has anyone ever booked through the Disney incursions for Atlantis waterpark, if so would you say it’s worth it or would you book else where?

I did this way back in 2012.

Personally, I was quite disappointed in Atlantis. The various pools, slides, rapids, etc all seemed very run-down and poorly maintained. It was also really ... messy with towels everywhere, including plenty of towels sitting at the bottom of the pools. There didn't appear to be any staff on-site to try to keep the areas tidy. The staff operating / overseeing the bigger slides were also pretty surly and didn't really pay attention to what they were doing (i.e. making sure there was an appropriate time gap between each person who went down the slide).

But, that was a long time ago. And I know that plenty of other people have had much more positive experiences.

As for using Disney, it was fine. We did it because it was our first ever cruise and we were worried about not making it back to the ship before departure. But, I think taking a taxi would be relatively easy. From memory, the drive to Atlantis wasn't that long (maybe 20 or so minutes).

We booked thru comfort suites paradise island. you get access to Atlantis water park by making a one night reservation. It is a whole lot cheaper then booking thru disney for a family of 4. The only downside is your cancellation window is a week out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter