Another Car rental glitch-Now Fixed!!

It was the closest I could get with using my KLM points, 6-7 hour drive after a night in Atlanta not too bad considering where i'm going to end up :thumbsup2

I went for the Toyota Rav4 on the thinking that if I get accelerator problems I'll be in Florida quicker :lmao:

Yes i agree its worth the drive if its a big saving on cost of flights.

YOu shouldnt joke about rav 4 accelerators sticking, Me and DW both drive rav 4s :scared1:

I have just read over the on the Dibb that someone who is returning a car to hertz on 10 April has been told to return it onsite to MCO instead of their usual offiste location.

I am so pleased as we have booked this deal and travel on 11th April.

Alba
:)

I have just read over the on the Dibb that someone who is returning a car to hertz on 10 April has been told to return it onsite to MCO instead of their usual offiste location.

I am so pleased as we have booked this deal and travel on 11th April.

Alba
:)

Let us know how you go on. Everything sounds OK with it, both Expedia and Hertz are good companies.:thumbsup2

Prices are back to normal this morning.

Ours has gone from £212 to £649.
One price I did notice was Chevrolet Corvette Convertible or similar, I could have bought for £600 is now £2318:scared1:

Will be interested to see what Mart has saved on 8 seater.:goodvibes hopefully £600-700

Just having a look at other prices, might still be some bargains to be had if anyone hasn't booked yet, saw Cadillac Escalade AWD or similar for £670, less 10% quidco is very cheap for 25 nights.

Wayne

Thank you very much for spotting this. We are staying at SSR from August 2nd for 21 nights. I booked a full size car with Hertz last night for £189 (including cashback) + 200 nectar points. I checked this morning and the price is now £545. I will have to pop over to OKW and buy you a beer. You are indeed a legend!!!!!! One question. It says that you catch a shuttle bus to the Hertz check in. Have you done this before and is it much hassle?

Wayne

Thank you very much for spotting this. We are staying at SSR from August 2nd for 21 nights. I booked a full size car with Hertz last night for £189 (including cashback) + 200 nectar points. I checked this morning and the price is now £545. I will have to pop over to OKW and buy you a beer. You are indeed a legend!!!!!! One question. It says that you catch a shuttle bus to the Hertz check in. Have you done this before and is it much hassle?

:thumbsup2

It was Mart (burt) that spotted it but as I posted it I will take the thanks, he doesn't mind:rotfl2:
No drinks neccesary but you are more than welcome to come over and meet us all on the 13th August OKW pool 7pm, details in post #84 here http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2367504&page=6

I have done offsite with Alamo & Dollar in the early years also Dollar at LAX, its a bit of a pain but nothing to stress about, just get on the bus 5-10 mins and you are there BUT thats if they are still offsite, I believe they are back onsite within the next few weeks, waiting for more info.

Prices are back to normal this morning.

Ours has gone from £212 to £649.
One price I did notice was Chevrolet Corvette Convertible or similar, I could have bought for £600 is now £2318:scared1:

Will be interested to see what Mart has saved on 8 seater.:goodvibes hopefully £600-700

Just having a look at other prices, might still be some bargains to be had if anyone hasn't booked yet, saw Cadillac Escalade AWD or similar for £670, less 10% quidco is very cheap for 25 nights.

ok here goes - price booked at £331.00 for 27 days, new price £1097.59 :scared1:, so a saving of £766.59, minus £30 cancellation fee for original booking - so a total saving of £736.59 :thumbsup2
Not as good as the buisness class flights for £400 last year but still i nice little glitch - Will more than pay for the 2 rooms at the hilton partial gulf view that i still have to book.

Wayne, looks like you will be spending this holiday in a drunken haze with all these people who are going to buy you drinks!! :thumbsup2

Wayne

I was reading on the Dibb earlier that Hertz is moving onsite at MCO from mid April - maybe someone can confirm that?

Wayne

Im pretty sure that by the time your trip comes in august that hertz will be back on site anyway. :thumbsup2

thanks Wayne and Mart, this was a great spot!

As the rates were so cheap we treated ourselves to a convertible for our 17 night trip in Sep/Oct for the bargain price of £260! That's less than we were expecting to pay for the cheapest possible car!

Thanks again - you guys are legends

I was reading on the Dibb earlier that Hertz is moving onsite at MCO from mid April - maybe someone can confirm that?

I saw a post on the dibb of someone who is currently in Orlando and due to return on 10th April. He has been told to take the vehicle back to the onsite location at MCO..so it looks like it will be moving before middle april.

Alba

just to let you know i repriced mine and save £980:scared1:
we wouldnt have booked that bigger car if we d have paid full price for it, so we havent really saved that much money, if you know what i mean:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter