Another coach trip PTR! UPDATE! 23/10/14 Its tomorrow!!!

Neeny17

Mouseketeer
Hi! Guess what? I'm going back to Disney! On another coach trip! And I know I said never again, but its so much cheaper and structured better than the last ones. And its a Halloween time one: a season that I have always wanted to celebrate at Disney!

The When: Either the 3rd or the 26th October

The Cast:
ME! Aged 21, a student and catering host at my local zoo.

Abi: aged 25 and a fellow geek and Disney fan like myself

The itinerary:
Day One: Board the coach (it picks up in our home town!) and travel to the hotel.
Day Two: Disney day one!
Day Three: Disney day two!
Day Four: Travel home.

So the good thing about this itinerary is you get a full nights sleep before you hit the parks! And its in a bed instead of a coach! So yay!

I have a sort of horror of long coach journeys - went from Belfast to London and then London to Malaga by coach the year I was 17. I was travelling alone to visit family and enjoyed the way there but hated the way home because I was lonely and homesick. I'm sure it's a lot easier with company though.

Looking forward to reading your plans.

I have a sort of horror of long coach journeys - went from Belfast to London and then London to Malaga by coach the year I was 17. I was travelling alone to visit family and enjoyed the way there but hated the way home because I was lonely and homesick. I'm sure it's a lot easier with company though.

Looking forward to reading your plans.

I can see why! I have been on a couple to DLP before and they were both ok, but if I had had that kind of experience I probably wouldn't go on another one. Thanks for following along!

Just spotted this ;)
We will be there the same time if you go on the 26th.
Good on you go on the coach I couldn't do it.
Hey but when you got to go to disney you got to go to disney :)
Super excited to see he park at Halloween :dance3:
I will be fowling your plans x

Just spotted this ;)
We will be there the same time if you go on the 26th.
Good on you go on the coach I couldn't do it.
Hey but when you got to go to disney you got to go to disney :)
Super excited to see he park at Halloween :dance3:
I will be fowling your plans x

Oh cool! Yeah it seems October half term is a popular time to go! The only reason I can tolerate doing a coach trip again is because we'll be travelling during the day and getting a full nights sleep before hitting the parks. The first time I did a coach trip (my 'oh my god we actually went' TR) we gravelled all night, hit DLP until 1am (it was a NYE trip) and then gravelled home that night. Exactly! I like that people on here get that I miss it! Me too! I have my villains sweatshirt and NBC tee all ready :cool1: Glad to have you following along!

I miss disney every day lol :)
Super excited to be back so soon it's for my big birthday :)
I have my PTR on here you will find it the hints in the title ;)
Will look for your updates x

Hey peeps!
Guess what? I just got off the phone with the travel company and we are booked! Leaving home on the 24th and returning on the 27th :banana: I am so excited!

Hi! I know I haven't been on here much but I haven't had much to report. However, minutes ago I paid for the rest of the trip! It feels a lot more real now. Also, I have bought these awesome ears from JBPeppers Wonderland on Etsy!

Hope you're all well!

Following!
So tell us everything! Where are you going to eat? What are you looking forward to? I want every detail!! And i love your ears!

Following!
So tell us everything! Where are you going to eat? What are you looking forward to? I want every detail!! And i love your ears!

Ok! Lol. Well I just read the press release about the Halloween stuff that's going on, so I'm very excited about that. Especially Jack and Sally! I met them last year on my Christmas trip and they were excellent. Also, Big Thunder Mountain - my favourite ride ever. Hmmm, not sure where we're eating yet. I'm thinking Hakuna Matata because the portions are huge and the prices aren't bad. I've been thinking about Café Mickey because of the great experience I had when I went with my mum but I don't want to book until I get all of the details/timings from the coach company.

Hi everyone! I'm getting really excited for the trip now! Not long to go! My amazing mouse ears have arrived and they look great. I also splashed out on the reversible Jack and Sally hoodie from Hot Topic so I'll match when I meet the Skellingtons!

There is a bit of worrying going on at the moment; I have to have keyhole surgery in October and at first it was fine because it was on the 3rd so a couple of weeks before, but on Thursday I got a letter from the hospital saying it had to be pushed back until the 17th which is exactly a week before we go. I rang them up with my concerns but they said that seeing as it was a coach trip and not a flight I'd be fine (DVT risk). But the coach journey will be very long and I'm not sure how well I'll be recovered by then. I don't want to spend another trip feeling unwell. So I've decided that I'm going to ring them again and ask that it be postponed. In case they can't, has anyone else been to DLP or anywhere similar shortly after an operation?

Hopefully I'll have another update on Monday!

Lovely plans you've got - love the idea of having a Jack and Sally hoody...

Hope you're ok, re your operation - Obviously I don't know what it's for, and I don't want to worry you, but I don't think you'll be feeling like going round the parks only a week after having an operation.

I know a few people who've thought they'd be ok after a week or so, but were completely overcome by exhaustion.

It might be worth having a chat with your doctor? It would be a shame to do all this planning and not get the best out of your trip. :)

Lovely plans you've got - love the idea of having a Jack and Sally hoody...

Hope you're ok, re your operation - Obviously I don't know what it's for, and I don't want to worry you, but I don't think you'll be feeling like going round the parks only a week after having an operation.

I know a few people who've thought they'd be ok after a week or so, but were completely overcome by exhaustion.

It might be worth having a chat with your doctor? It would be a shame to do all this planning and not get the best out of your trip. :)

It wasn't cheap - but it was worth it! Yes those are my concerns too. Its nothing serious, I mean they were able to push it back in the first place so I'm sure they'll be able to push it back again. I hope so anyway. There's so much I want to do and I don't want to ruin it for Abi either. I should know one way or another on Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter