Another dumb question...

ClaraOswald

DIS Veteran
This isn't DVC related but I like this section of the board because it feels "safer" when asking questions that are probably ridiculous. :laughing:

Okay...having not been on the parks in 12 years.....

Do we use a fingerprint scanner to get into the parks? Every single time?

We we applied for TSA precheck, they had to scan our fingerprints but they were unable to get mine. The lady working said it's just because my fingerprints are so light/smooth that the scanner wasn't picking them up. I'm worried this will be a problem each time we try to enter the park.

Thoughts??

This isn't DVC related but I like this section of the board because it feels "safer" when asking questions that are probably ridiculous. :laughing:

Okay...having not been on the parks in 12 years.....

Do we use a fingerprint scanner to get into the parks? Every single time?

We we applied for TSA precheck, they had to scan our fingerprints but they were unable to get mine. The lady working said it's just because my fingerprints are so light/smooth that the scanner wasn't picking them up. I'm worried this will be a problem each time we try to enter the park.

Thoughts??
My pro tip for kids is to make sure to use their thumb but maybe you wanna do that too? lol

Dang...Hopefully they work for me! The TSA lady and I were having a good laugh about it after she tried several times and was unable to get it to work. I said "I swear, I'm not a criminal!" Thankfully, I was still approved for TSA precheck.

Yes, you do have to do it each time, unless they disable, which they do sometimes when it’s really busy at opening.
They do try to keep the lines moving. Once we had a magic bands that stopped working and they called over a someone that was able to reprogram it.

If you do have an issue, I trust they will try to promptly address it

I have trouble with the Disney scanners fairly often. One thing, just lightly rest your chosen finger or thumb on the scanner, don't push down. I've found that works better for me.

A family member of mine often has issues with their fingerprint scans. We noticed that the grimier the reader, the easier it is for her fingerprint to be recognized. :rolleyes2 Other than that, she would rub a bit of Purell on her thumb before the turnstiles and it would go through when it's nearly dried.

My mom's fingerprint almost never scans. We joke it's because she's old and has spent 80 years washing dishes! The CM at the turnstile raises their hand and a different CM comes over with an iPad to let her in. We've just come to expect it now.

I find if I moisten my hands with lotion prior to going through helps...rubbing your hands on the condensation of a water bottle would work too. If my hands are too dry it doesn't read as well.

My mom's fingerprint almost never scans. We joke it's because she's old and has spent 80 years washing dishes! The CM at the turnstile raises their hand and a different CM comes over with an iPad to let her in. We've just come to expect it now.

I find if I moisten my hands with lotion prior to going through helps...rubbing your hands on the condensation of a water bottle would work too. If my hands are too dry it doesn't read as well.
Sorry for your mom, but good you anticipate it.

interesting that moisture would help

It is a rare occasion when the scanner works for me. I have tried different strategies but have determined that I just have to live with the problem. Very annoying. Hope you are luckier than I, ClaraOswald!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter