Another fight at WDW.

Oh my gosh, those poor little kids watching their family members fight get punched in the face. Even worse!! How scary! 💔 Such a shame!

*edited after watching news clip

Indicative of general society. People have gone nuts. I think only exacerbated by staying isolated during covid. It's like people forgot how to interact in a regular fashion. I witness a version of this every day driving on the highway.

It's very sad and terrible that little kids have to witness this. People then grow up to think this is acceptable.

From what I've read about this elsewhere, one family was in front of the "100" getting their pic taken, family 2 shoved up in front of them. Family one said something and someone in family 2 punched. What's wrong with people? Seriously. I hope Disney decided to really clamp down on these idiots. Ban for life.

From what I’ve seen elsewhere at least 2 people got trespassed from this. Feel sorry for the kids involved having to see and go through this when they were probably excited to be there and they never even made it on to Main Street.

I agree that people have forgotten how to behave during the pandemic and have a “me first” mentality these days. When we were there last year people were constantly cutting in front of us and other people waiting in line for the photopass photographers at key locations to get their selfies first because they didn’t care about the line of people patiently waiting and just wanted to get their pictures. A couple of the photographers said something to the cutters but most of them just ignored them and carried on getting their extended family shots and made everyone else wait for them.

How much of this stuff goes on at WDW? I hear these stories all the time and never have been there, it’s not helping in its appeal. Been to DLR 6 times in the last two years and have never seen any of the problems at DLR that people mention about WDW.

How much of this stuff goes on at WDW? I hear these stories all the time and never have been there, it’s not helping in its appeal. Been to DLR 6 times in the last two years and have never seen any of the problems at DLR that people mention about WDW.
I've never seen anything happen and I've been there a number of times. Perhaps locals have a higher chance of seeing things. I also have radar in my head where if something ticks me off to trouble I avoid at all costs and go the opposite direction.

It happens at DLR too. There’s videos out there that I’ve seen of this scale of altercation happening there as well so it’s not just a WDW problem.

I think the trouble is, with how much it costs to go to WDW these days and the rise of social media, people put waaaayyy too much pressure on themselves to have the “picture perfect” trip and when things don’t go exactly how they expected or they don’t have the experience that was advertised to them then they wrongly lash out. Add in the heat, all of the time spent in lines crammed in with other people and then having other groups blatantly cut the lines, people who can’t handle their alcohol and the level of entitlement people have now and it’s a recipe for disaster. Especially when people aren’t sure if they’ll ever be able to come back again with how the economy is and so they feel like they need to cram everything in in a short space of time and make sure they get the best parade/firework spots and to be able to show off how amazing their trip was. What’s supposed to be a good time ends up turning into a pressure cooker of stress that eventually erupts because people don’t know how to properly handle conflict anymore and just go off on one another instead of being mature about it because that’s the easier option for some people.

It’s rare which is why it gets attention. It’s extremely unlikely that you would witness a physical altercation at disney.

I go to the parks semi often and I have never seen a physical fight occur. Line cutting, cursing and guests yelling at CMs happens a lot though. I see that same behavior at Universal as well so it's not a WDW specific problem.

It happens at DLR too. There’s videos out there that I’ve seen of this scale of altercation happening there as well so it’s not just a WDW problem.

I think the trouble is, with how much it costs to go to WDW these days and the rise of social media, people put waaaayyy too much pressure on themselves to have the “picture perfect” trip and when things don’t go exactly how they expected or they don’t have the experience that was advertised to them then they wrongly lash out. Add in the heat, all of the time spent in lines crammed in with other people and then having other groups blatantly cut the lines, people who can’t handle their alcohol and the level of entitlement people have now and it’s a recipe for disaster. Especially when people aren’t sure if they’ll ever be able to come back again with how the economy is and so they feel like they need to cram everything in in a short space of time and make sure they get the best parade/firework spots and to be able to show off how amazing their trip was. What’s supposed to be a good time ends up turning into a pressure cooker of stress that eventually erupts because people don’t know how to properly handle conflict anymore and just go off on one another instead of being mature about it because that’s the easier option for some people.
The entitlement is off the charts. Society in general since the pandemic, not just the parks. But the "I paid so much to be here" mentality is out of control. Usually it just manifests in people treating CMs like garbage though, I've not seen it get physical. But there's a reason Disney had to add that bit on the website about courtesy. It's a shame. I feel more sorry for the kids than anything.

I go to the parks semi often and I have never seen a physical fight occur. Line cutting, cursing and guests yelling at CMs happens a lot though. I see that same behavior at Universal as well so it's not a WDW specific problem.
I was curious about that as well. I’ve only seen one instance of yelling at a CM at DLR, I don’t know how it was resolved as we quickly moved away not wanting our little ones to hear such creative language and watch a woman have a temper tantrum. We haven’t seen any line cutting on our visits….

I was curious about that as well. I’ve only seen one instance of yelling at a CM at DLR, I don’t know how it was resolved as we quickly moved away not wanting our little ones to hear such creative language and watch a woman have a temper tantrum. We haven’t seen any line cutting on our visits….
The line cutting is getting out of control in my opinion. At both resorts. The CMs and team members do absolutely nothing about it. Sometimes I wonder if they're too afraid to confront line cutters in case an altercation happens (I do not blame them in that regard).

The entitlement is off the charts. Society in general since the pandemic, not just the parks. But the "I paid so much to be here" mentality is out of control. Usually it just manifests in people treating CMs like garbage though, I've not seen it get physical. But there's a reason Disney had to add that bit on the website about courtesy. It's a shame. I feel more sorry for the kids than anything.
I completely agree with all of this and that it’s the CMs that are normally getting the worst it and the majority of the time it’s over stuff that’s out of their control in the first place.

From what I’ve seen though the more recent physical altercations that have happened at the parks, which have been recorded and posted have seemed to be over line cutting (the Peter Pan incident at MK) and over fireworks spots but I guess that’s what happens when you design your nighttime shows to be best viewed from one spot instead of spreading out the crowds.

There was a quite a big brawl at DLR involving two families a couple of years ago in ToonTown. Made our local news here in Toronto. https://www.latimes.com/california/...-others-with-respect-after-a-few-altercations

I completely agree with all of this and that it’s the CMs that are normally getting the worst it and the majority of the time it’s over stuff that’s out of their control in the first place.

From what I’ve seen though the more recent physical altercations that have happened at the parks, which have been recorded and posted have seemed to be over line cutting (the Peter Pan incident at MK) and over fireworks spots but I guess that’s what happens when you design your nighttime shows to be best viewed from one spot instead of spreading out the crowds.
I remember a line cutting incident a while back where a guest punched a CM in the queue for either ToT or RNRC, I forget which. But it was awful and given how volatile folks are over the smallest things nowadays, I have to wonder if that's not the reason they don't really try enforce those rules like they used to. Way more needs to be done to support frontline CMs, imo.

Edit: I went looking for it and it wasn't line cutting, it was over FPs. Guest tried to claim she had a valid one for ToT and when it didn't scan she went nuts on the CM. https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...ly-punches-cast-member-over-fastpass-dispute/

What about the big fight in Toontown? Was a few years ago, but it does happen at DL, too. Unfortunately. Ooops, saw @PalmettoPath posted the same thing. Teach me to read the whole thread before commenting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter