Another fight at WDW.

I think that part of it is what we ourselves bring to these interactions. If we’re witchy and mouthy then it begets the same. If we’re patient and smiling, then often we get that back, too. I’ve been irritated and said things before, sure, but mostly these days I‘m just happy to be there and if someone wants to go ahead of me that badly, then I let them go. As I say to my husband, I’d rather have them in front of me than behind me. This goes for aggressive drivers, too. I guess I’ve mellowed. :-) Nothing like that is worth getting hurt, or banned.

it seems that all sense of proper behavior, common courtesy, respect for others and common decency have all been sacrificed on the alter of "Me First". I think in general society has gotten angrier and more self absorbed in the past few year. Combine the two and the result is more fights, confrontations, and berating CMs (who are an amazing group of people who do their very best to "serve" the guests).

I may be old and crotchety, but my thought is that type of behavior should be "rewarded" with a lifetime ban for not only the participants of fights ect., but also the rest of their group. Perhaps if this was the known punishment the other members of these groups would find a way to keep the rogues in check. Perhaps a pipe dream.

Perhaps, civility, kindness, courtesy and living by the "golden rule" are truly extinct. If they truly are, then it is a sad day for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter