Another FOP FP+ question...success getting inside 60 days?

Sophie_2003

DIS Veteran
hello,

Window for our short trip opened today...I had two possible AK park days and as expected, no FOP FP available for either 60+1 or 60+3.

I'll keep checking, has anyone had any luck checking below the 60 days and snagged one of these goodies? If all fails we'll rope drop it, but wondering if anyone has had luck rechecking and getting an FP closer in?

Tks!

hello,

Window for our short trip opened today...I had two possible AK park days and as expected, no FOP FP available for either 60+1 or 60+3.

I'll keep checking, has anyone had any luck checking below the 60 days and snagged one of these goodies? If all fails we'll rope drop it, but wondering if anyone has had luck rechecking and getting an FP closer in?

Tks!

Sure. It mainly comes down to large your party is and how often you're willing to check for them. I would also keep a keen eye out for park hour changes.

I snagged two at my day 50 for 10:00 am. Constantly checked on it by choosing to modify NRJ. I've read a number of other posters report similar luck at various points after they were locked out at their 60 day windows, so keep checking. There's no guarantee obviously, but if you're persistent you might get lucky and have something pop up.

I was able to get 4 FOP fps for both of our AK days around the 45 day mark BUT that is only because they extended the hours for October.

So if they extend the hours for Nov, be ready to book those fastpasses.

I think you will get them. Keep checking. If not rope drop is completely reasonable. I will say even if you have to wait, the queue is amazing and the ride is worth a wait.

hello,

Tks!
Yes. We were able to snag for 2 people at less than 40 days, with frequent checking. I left my phone on my desk at work and checked through MDE app several times a day. Took 3 days of trying. Good luck hunting!

We planned a last minute trip over labor day about 6 days prior and for a party of 2 got FOP twice prior to our trip for Sat and Mon. Just make a FP+ your willing to "trade out" and then keep checking using the modify option. I just then switch times back and forth for 5/10 minutes at a time to see if anything pops up. I did it a few times a day until I got them, while watching TV or waiting for reports to print ....

Strategy question.

If your sole goal is to score FoP FP+, is it better to make no FP+ reservations until you've scored FoP? For example, if you have a FP+ for Expedition Everest from 1-2, and a FoP FP+ becomes available during that timeframe, would you see that it's available?

I was able to get one less than a week before my recent short trip that I'd only planned with a few week's notice. I just kept checking obsessively whenever I had a moment and fortunately one turned up.

Strategy question.

If your sole goal is to score FoP FP+, is it better to make no FP+ reservations until you've scored FoP? For example, if you have a FP+ for Expedition Everest from 1-2, and a FoP FP+ becomes available during that timeframe, would you see that it's available?
You have to try to modify your EE FP+. You don't lose your EE one until you confirm your FoP one. I would make 3 FP+s and then try to modify. I was able to snag a FoP for 2 at about day 35 for 9/1.

Bingo! Was just randomly checking (60 days out!) and bam!2 fastpasses at 5:45pm nov. 9!

Now I have to start wondering if I will try rope drop for Navi, and if so how bad does that line get early in the day (I guess I don't have to be at the park by 7:30 for a 9 am, but probably do not wanna be too far behind either...)

Strategy question.

I prefer to modify - and yes if any FOP FP+ become available you will see that time - even if the time wasn't what you picked/originally had. If you choose the FP+ and it conflicts with another FP+ you have an opportunity to cancel the other and book the new FP+.

Bingo! Was just randomly checking (60 days out!) and bam!2 fastpasses at 5:45pm nov. 9!

Now I have to start wondering if I will try rope drop for Navi, and if so how bad does that line get early in the day (I guess I don't have to be at the park by 7:30 for a 9 am, but probably do not wanna be too far behind either...)

Yay! Rope drop for Navi wasn't too bad since 90% of the crowd is headed to FOP. I got to the park about 40 minutes before open- there were tons of people in front of me but once I got to where the crowd divided between FOP (right) and Navi (left), it thinned out a lot.

As stated before, you will be in a mass of humanity, but most of this mass will funnel towards the extended line for FOP. You will have to wait in the mass, but then be able to branch off towards Navi. You can probably arrive at the turnstiles around 8:45 and walk right in towards Navi, with a short wait. I would not plan to be there with the masses.

FWIW, my experiences third week of August:

60 days out, I was able to snag FP's for the day we wanted, but later than we wanted (we weren't sure we wanted to stay in AK through the hot hours of the afternoon.) I was also able to snag two for later in our trip. Our first AK day, with the FPs in the afternoon) we decided to try rope drop. It was an 8am EMH. We got there around 6:15, were front of the line for security (and there were already others there.) The didn't let us through security until around 7:30, and that's when the pushing/shoving started to get to the turnstiles. No biggie, we were still pretty close to the front. When the let us through the turnstiles, they let us through to the entrance to the Oasis. Then walked us back. But let me tell you, the walking back was pretty fast, and it was pretty scary. Pushing, shoving, running. That said, we were able to walk right on - once we got to the actual line, it was too narrow for running or pushing, so the walk became much calmer and we literally didn't stop...walked right on. And it was soooo worth it! We actually stayed for our FP too, and did the third FP on the other day as well. For Navi, I tried it at RD on a non-EMH day, and was a little late, but that actually helped. Still crowds, but not so crazy. I walked right through the turnstiles and right to Navi, 5 minute wait, which was actually just the time it took to get to ride loading.

Next trip is Christmas week, so I'll try for FOP FP, but expecting to rope drop it. I'd live to do Navi again because the Shaman wasn't working when I did it.

Hope that helps!!!

We booked our trip pretty last minute (3 weeks ago) and we leave this Saturday. I haven't been to WDW since 2000 and it's my first time going as an adult! I can't figure out the FP business though, when it comes to tiers and when it comes to looking for new ones on the app. I'm not completely out of it, I got some FP for things I wanted but obviously we didn't get FOP, so I'm trying but I don't see where you all are talking about with modifying to try to look for one. I'm at a loss lol I have FP for Navi and Kilimanjaro Safaris. Would I even see the FOP FP come up if it was available?

We booked our trip pretty last minute (3 weeks ago) and we leave this Saturday. I haven't been to WDW since 2000 and it's my first time going as an adult! I can't figure out the FP business though, when it comes to tiers and when it comes to looking for new ones on the app. I'm not completely out of it, I got some FP for things I wanted but obviously we didn't get FOP, so I'm trying but I don't see where you all are talking about with modifying to try to look for one. I'm at a loss lol I have FP for Navi and Kilimanjaro Safaris. Would I even see the FOP FP come up if it was available?

NRJ and FOP are both tier one at AK, so you can only have one of them booked. Since you already have NRJ, the only way to see FOP availability is to select that one to 'view details.' Then you'll see the modify, change party, and cancel options come up. Choose modify to see the times and other available FP+. You'll keep the NRJ you have as long as you don't select anything new and save the changes, and if you see a FOP pop up, you'll be able to change to that.

There's a lot of good information in the FP thread - https://www.disboards.com/threads/fastpass-frequently-asked-questions

An alternate strategy is to wait until later in the evening when the line gets short. We find this option to be a more efficient use of our time than trying to fight through the masses in the morning or waiting outside of a locked gate for an extended period of time.

Here's an example from FoP last week:

At 9:30 am, the posted wait was 210 minutes with an actual wait of 240.

At 9:30 pm, the posted wait was 60 minutes with an actual wait of 30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter