Another GAC question.

AZKathy

<font color=darkcoral>We don't need to move to a w
We are doing a big trip this November with our family. We are also bringing two close family friends who are both blind. They are bringing their service dogs on the trip, also. Should we get a GAC for them? Would a GAC be helpful for them? Thanks!

I'm not sure that they would need a GAC.
Having the service dogs should be enough of an indication to the CMs of what their needs are. I'd probably just tell them to stop in a Guest Services at any of the parks and see what sorts of things are available that might be useful to them.

Originally posted by SueM in MN
I'm not sure that they would need a GAC.
Having the service dogs should be enough of an indication to the CMs of what their needs are. I'd probably just tell them to stop in a Guest Services at any of the parks and see what sorts of things are available that might be useful to them.

including where in the Park are the set aside areas for the services dogs to relieve themselves.

I believe they are backstage. My friend went to WDW on her honeymoon with her guide dog. That's what she told me. She is deaf-blind and her husband deaf. They had a wonderful time.

I don't have a link on this computer, but the Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities for each park lists the approximate locations for "rest stops" for service dogs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter