Another ? Haven't heard from DS...

bsjs0708

DIS Veteran
You all have been sooo patient and have answered so many of my questions, I have one more for you... As you may remember DS went to So. Korea. He left on 11/29 and I heard from in twice when he was just about finished with processing. Now it's been almost two weeks and I haven't heard from him. Not really worried as I am just anxious. Would really like some info like address and other personal answers like how he's doing,etc... Can someone tell me how long it takes to get REALLY settled? And what is the whole process? First time for me here so I am a bit new at this and still have DD to see this through with when she joins Marines!! :confused: TIA---Julie

I know this is easier said than done but you are going to have relax mom. I know that is hard but two weeks really isn't that bad to be honest. I can say that because it's my loved one I know.

Depending on where you son is living in Korea and what the unit is doing. He could have processed and went into a unit that is going to the field for training which can limit talk time. He could be taking tests or filling out paperwork for clearances again depending on his MOS.

Heck they could be moving him to several different units. It is the army and nothing goes like it should lol. Also, he is making friends and maybe getting out and starting to explore the area. There are several things planned for single soldiers in that area this time of the year. Don't forget the time difference is a pain also. If he is getting up at 0430 and falling into bed late he may just not have the time to call because of the time difference.

Let him settle in and get his routine going. Chances are you'll hear from him more than but it could be just email instead of phone. Of course email is better than nothing. One way to get your mind settled is no news is good news. I know that is difficult to say and believe but it's true. Another day going by without someone official giving you news is a good day. You'll get the hang out. This is all very new to you. :hug:

Thank you for the quick response and the support. I know I am not alone in this and I know I can count on my DIS friends for the answers and kind words of support and understanding!! I guess I just have to be patient( :rolleyes: ) . After all it IS now his time frame...not mine THANKS AGAIN!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter