Another trans post....

sherrynn

Earning My Ears
Sorry for creating yet another post about being safe, or not, in WDW as a T-person.

I went last year, dressed up one day (as I'm CD, not full-time trans), and had a GREAT time. I made sure that I did everything possible to pass, and my other half assured me that I did a good job at it, better than she's ever seen me, when en femme. Absolutely nobody said anything bad or gave me any dirty looks. Four people that day complimented my outfit! I think at least two of them could tell, but they were so kind about it. :)

We're planning to go again next year. Like everyone else, I've been reading about Gov. Jerkface down there, and it makes me so sad and angry!

There are days when I don't want to go, but mostly I am looking forward to it, the only thing is I'm torn between dressing to blend in (lest some local yocal give me crap due to the anti-trans movement) or dressing in a full-on pride outfit :) just to make the point that WE EXIST, we're not against the law, and we love Mickey like any other girl. :)

Rant over, thanks for listening.

~ Sherry Ann

I was at WDW last week and spent a day at MK in a dress (and trust me, I do NOT remotely pass as femme). I definitely saw some dirty looks and some confused looks, but got a ton of compliments as well. In fact, the only people who came up to me to say anything were the people who had something nice to say. Now it's entirely possible that I got lucky and was there on a good day, but I've done this a few times now and that's been pretty much my experience every time.

Do what you personally are comfortable with. My wife is black, so we have an added factor to think about when we travel to Florida.

And individually we would pass as straight, but together we definitely give off couple vibes. In the past we had LOTS of cast members think that we also worked there. I think it was because we knew a lot about the parks, and they didn’t see an obvious family connection (I’m the pasty pale half of the equation), so they thought we were coworker friends.

I‘m a nervous flyer, and we live in Georgia, so we drive down. That’s a lot of time in Florida not in the Disney bubble, so the new law about ok-to-deny medical care is of particular concern. Adding state-sanctioned racism, any rando can carry a gun without a conceal carry permit, and general misogyny, and it frankly isn’t worth the stress for us.

But in the bubble we always have a good time, so if you can get to the bubble safely and want to be there, go and have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter