Another trip to Orlando, feat Universal and Disney World (Complete)

Almost there!! One more work day left till I fly out!

Busy day tomorrow too! Have to go to my optometrist and get my new glasses (hopefully I can post a pic before I leave), then go to Wal-Mart and get my prescriptions. Then try to find time to make lunch and dinner for work. Then work.

I decided to bring my laptop, if only so I have something to do at the airport before my flight since I don't have time to come all the way home and will have to head there after work. Just keeping my fingers crossed nothing goes too amiss.

Well, see ya on the flip side!!

Woo, new glasses!!

890e8f10-1e59-449e-a0c0-fc86ee8392da_zps82d56293.jpg

Have tons of fun andy! hope u stumble into a soft gringotts opening:wizard:

it is wake up time Andy.........

come back and share your story of the vacation........

Day 1: Saturday (Notice, I have no picture from this day, sorry)

So I got off work at 12:30 and got a ride from a coworker to the airport. Since my flight wasn't till 6ish I relaxed and watched stuff on my laptop till security opened. Flight from Dallas to New Orleans went well. But then in NOLA we were delayed, for an hour, due to some mechanical issue, IDK. Needless to say I was not a happy camper and I was so glad my friend gave me the drink coupons he had gotten, cause the screwdriver I had really helped.

Also, I think this will be the last time I use the Mears shared shuttle. I don't see why they have to stop at 5 different spots, on both sides, before leaving the airport. Can't they have vans report to either one side or the other? Then there were the 4 other hotels we stopped at before mine. It literally took an hour and a half to get there. Blah.

So I get to Cabana Bay, and my room isn't ready. So I check my bags (after waiting like 20 minutes for the people in front of me to get some packages from the parks), then take the shuttle to the parks so I can pick up my wrist band for the parade that night and meet my friends who were already there.

One thing about the shuttles, I literally NEVER waited for a shuttle once over the 3 days I was here. The closest to waiting I had to do was the one time I was going back to the hotel, and the bus wasn't there, but had already turned into the bus loop, so I had to stand there literally less than a minute. Of course, you're mileage may vary, especially in the busy summer.

So I get to Universal, and have to go to guest services to get the wristband. The outside line is 45 minutes to an hour. Luckily I already had my AP, so I went to the inside line. 30 minutes. :mad: Blah. So I finally get that done, then walk over to IOA to meet my friends. All the while starving cause I haven't had a chance to eat since Dallas (it's now like 1 or 2 in the afternoon). They are in the discovery center, but will be heading to Hogsmeade after. I decide to head there and wait for them, cause 1) it's hot and humid and I want to be inside and 2) Butterbeer.

When I get to the Hog's Head, I see that my favorite bartender, Desiree, is working, I've known her since my very first visit to WWOHP. She's literally the greatest. Picture reference:

372.jpg

They finally arrive, and we then head over to Mythos, cause at that point I was so hungry I was about to eat one of them. We have to wait like 10 minutes for a table, or less, it wasn't horrible. I ended up getting the risotto of the day (I can't remember all the details, but I know it had shrimp, and I believe a mushroom risotto). Ok, I lied and stole this pic of Dainan and me at Mythos:

dainanandme_zps650adfb0.jpg

After Mythos, we head back to Potter land, and ride one of the Dragons, whic we get walked on by our friend Jackie who now works there.

jaxandme_zpse156930c.jpg

After we ride one of them, we head over to FJ and ride that, mainly so we can wait for Jackie to switch to the other dragon and get walked onto that, haha.

By the time we finish all that, it's close to when I need to head over to the Studios to get ready for the parade. I text my other friend, Mike, to find out when he'll be arriving at the park (you'll be seeing him a lot on the Disney side of this TR). To save time and space, I'm going to condense the rest of the night: Mike shows up, we sign our release for the parade. We end up being on the King Croc float, on the very last segment of it, on the upper level. Our "bead handler" was great, and reminded me of Didi Conn. Parade was awesome, but my arm got tired from throwing beads, lol.

After the parade, we went to Margaritaville (again I was starving cause I didn't have time to eat since Mythos). Food and drink were good (I had the shrimp trio, and I think the "5 o'clock somewhere" cocktail). We head back to Cabana Bay and hang out for a few, then Mike has to go, and I literally collapse into sleep, after deciding I'll actually sleep in for once (ha) and just do early entry on my last day.

Day Two: Sunday

I didn't sleep in. Well not much. I went to bed right around 1am, and was up at like 8? That's more sleep than I usually get, so I'll call that sleeping in.

Luckily, I had Starbucks gift card money saved up from Christmas, so I went to the lobby to have a drink to start my day.

EEC971D2-E1ED-42A1-ADD9-599CFF0C7BA2_zps1mni29pq.jpg

After getting one of the new Oprah chai teas, I headed over to the shuttle to head to the parks. I decided to ride the other rides that weren't in Potter today (since I did them yesterday, and would be doing them the next day), so I headed over to Spiderman, and then my favorite ride, Doctor Doom.

DSC00230_zps286b1e5d.jpg

After those two, I decided to "exercise" a bit, and went the long way round to Seuss land to ride Cat (I believe I got another Butterbeer, mainly to also say hi to Desiree again, since she would be off the next day, which would be my last in the parks). After Cat, I was hungry, so went over to the studios to have lunch in Springfield. Pics along the way:

DSC00231_zpsc8d0c9d6.jpg

DSC00233_zps1291478e.jpg

DSC00234_zps6b23b3bb.jpg

DSC00235_zpsb05cb374.jpg

DSC00237_zps06e8ea26.jpg

DSC00236_zpsfd416b14.jpg

DSC00238_zpsf617a8a2.jpg

DSC00240_zps5b293b2f.jpg

DSC00244_zpsb0f955bf.jpg

I went to Cletus' and got the chicken and waffle sandwich. It was pretty good, it could have used a touch more sauce, and I wish they could make the waffles a bit softer. But I'd try it again. Also, they have the best tater tots I've ever had (I didn't get them last time, I'm generally not a big fan of them). This is where I sat, lol:

DSC00245_zps2d0f70b1.jpg

After I ate, I pretty much just walked around a bit and went on rides and what not. I do remember getting in the single rider line for Mummy which happened to go down right as I got to the loading platform. Mummy has literally never completely went down on one of my trips before, so that was new lol. More pics:

DSC00247_zpsfd6e6993.jpg

DSC00249_zps64478727.jpg

I'd never gotten to see Marilyn before, I was quite excited!!
DSC00254_zps8551cab4.jpg

This was the first time I'd ever seen a woman playing the makeup artist, and she was spectacular!! She was probably the most hilarious person I'd seen in the role, and she reminded me a lot of Gilda Radner, especially in the face.
DSC00256_zpscef1420d.jpg

Ok, so funny story, as I circled my way back to Springfield to ride the Simpsons ride, at one of the new games outside was a young woman wanting to play the water shooting game, but no other takers yet. So I said hey why not and went to play the game. And then won. But then got completely bored with the Lisa plush I won, and later "forgot" her in one of the lockers at MiB. Whoops.

DSC00259_zps4b11d319.jpg

DSC00261_zps9da7ee37.jpg

The camera guy for the Transformers characters took this, without my noticing, while I was getting in position for my pic with Bumblebee, lol.
DSC00262_zps03190ee2.jpg

After a while, I was hungry again, so I went to Lombard's to see if I could check in for my cinematic meal thing early. I guess I threw them off, cause I didn't get the special menu for it, and pretty much got to order off the regular menu. Oh well, I ain't complaining.

DSC00263_zpsd04b4841.jpg

Mussels. OMG, the beer broth thing they were in was so good, I finished off all the bread I had dipping it in there. Yum yum!
DSC00264_zpsd73d78eb.jpg

Lobster mac and cheese (which isn't on the menu I looked at online for the cinematic thing, but I had really wanted this anyway, so it worked out in my favor, lol)
56E289B7-FE2B-4273-AEA0-A8CF9C7E59B2_zpspgwlrhkd.jpg

Orange Fizz: champagne, St. Germain liqueur, and blood orange puree.

After I finished dinner, there was a showing of the new Beetlejuice show about to start, so I checked it out. The new stuff was entertaining enough, but only moderately so.

DSC00267_zpsb997a721.jpg

After Beetlejuice, I walked around a bit till it was time for the dessert party for the cinematic show.

A06C5180-950A-44ED-BEF0-7E6715D208AD_zpsjyu2cwot.jpg

My dessert plate: orange and chocolate macaron (literally my favorite of the night), key lime pie, and that's all I can remember. But still, the best were the macaron, and their rice krispie treats (which tasted like they just made them)
DSC00276_zps1dc2e561.jpg

The screen for the reserved viewing. I had a pretty good seat for the screen, but my view of most of the fireworks was obscured unless I turned my head to look almost behind me. But that was from my choice of seat. Still a great show. Glad I finally got to see it.

When I got back to the hotel, I decided to walk around a bit and get some pics of the hotel. Then I went to sleep. I'll do one post of only hotel pics before I do my last day report (mainly cause most of what I have left are only hotel pics, lol).

we have something in common.
i love dr doom and i love the chicken waffles.

i always ask for an additional side of the syrup and they give it to me at no charge.

We also have something in common... my favorite drink is It's 5 o'clock somewhere :drinking:

Sounds like an awesome trip.

Ok, I think I'm just gonna do the whole tr here instead of doing have of it on the Disney board. Partly cause I'm lazy, partly cause....ok mainly cause I'm lazy. So be it. Updating soon, hopefully. My schedule at work is changing so I'll only be off Sunday this week, but then next week I'll be off Wednesday and I won't have to work till midnight anymore.

So as I said, when I got back to the hotel after the cinematic show, I took some pics of the hotel before passing out...well not passing out, but I wanted to do early entry the next day, so I wanted to be rested. Here are the pics!!

DSC00286_zps6b29804d.jpg

DSC00287_zpsaa6c5f48.jpg

DSC00288_zps23852850.jpg

DSC00289_zps58cc3ce5.jpg

DSC00290_zps2cde995a.jpg

DSC00291_zps38898e9d.jpg

DSC00293_zps9abbf9c3.jpg
DSC00294_zpsacf94929.jpg

DSC00295_zps1b975b1d.jpg

DSC00296_zps02fae8f2.jpg

DSC00297_zps2e2e9ec1.jpg

DSC00298_zpsff9abfdd.jpg

DSC00299_zpsccfa933c.jpg

DSC00301_zps104475e0.jpg

DSC00302_zps44a084b0.jpg

DSC00304_zps34d836fc.jpg

The view from outside my door. You could see one of the Fun Spots off in the distance (I was in the backside, not facing the pool, obviously, of Castaway)
94E13804-A335-4B7C-9DA7-46CD2435045E_zpsjfwklyli.jpg

I really love the mermaid murals in the seating areas for the Starbucks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter