Anthem in February

moericus

Mouseketeer
I got the cruise itch and found a great RCCL deal for the Anthem of the Seas leaving New Jersey in late February. It's a 7 night Bahama cruise with one day at sea heading down and two days at sea coming back

I'll probably have some more questions. But is the pool deck tolerable on the sea days? I assume it won't be on the way down. But maybe for the days at sea coming home?

I wouldn't think that the pool deck will get much use until at least you are near the Bahamas at that time of year.

For a majority of the first sea day it will most likely be too cool, and for the majority of the second sea day back you'll have the same issue. Even if the air temps are in the 60's (in the waters off FL, GA, the Carolinas) if the ship is into a headwind while underway it will be downright chilly outside.

Most people who sail from the northeast in the winter should count on two full days of being inside.

The Anthem was built for all weather cruising, so the good news it the Quantum class has the huge indoor Solarium pool area to use while it's cold outside. While not exactly a replacement for outdoor sunning, it's still a beautiful area unique to that ship class

anthem has 2 indoor pools. one is in the solarium, which is adults only. the pool is rather small, but the entire area is enclosed and warm - it also contains hot tubs, lounge chairs, etc. the second indoor pool is a huge full-sized pool in an enclosed windowed area; they keep the windows/roof closed when up north and open it for warmer weather.

we cruised quantum in january and anthem in december and both the solarium and indoor pool areas were warm the first and last days, while it was freezing outside (we had a blizzard on i think quantum as we left port). there's also tons of other indoor stuff to do on anthem. i think the ships are really well equipped for colder weather.

I sailed on the Anthem in March and the solarium pool and covered pool areas where warm enough leaving NY. Walking on deck outside of the pool area was a bit cold and windy but you can avoid that if you choose until you reach warmer weather.

Thanks for all this!

Another question about the the bumper cars aboard, is there a height restriction? I just realized I probably should not have not have told my second grader about them until I checked. I assume they don't have room the 2-person cars.

Another question about the the bumper cars aboard, is there a height restriction? I just realized I probably should not have not have told my second grader about them until I checked. I assume they don't have room the 2-person cars.

we didn't have kids with us so i didn't pay too much attention, but last i read, there was an age restriction but not height restriction. kids 5-7 can go in a car with an adult, and 8+ can go alone. this was from another cruise website, so i can't verify. when we went, there were plenty of young kids, though most were in cars with their parents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter