Anthem of the Seas out of Cape Liberty, NJ

Just keep checking for the North Star and iFly. Try to get North Star on a port day or when you're closer to Bermuda, they ran iFly in windier conditions than North Star.

My kids loved Adventure Ocean! They're 6 and 8, so both were Explorers and the groups were kept separate every time we were there. My kids typically went to one session per day usually the morning or evening one. We didn't use the late night party because mine were done by 10pm, they were actually done sooner but if we picked them up early it would not have been pretty. Although quite a few times there were a bunch of kids staying after 10. We didn't take advantage of the Adventure dining but it was listed in kids Compass every day. My kids loved the main dining room - we had traditional early seating as we really like having the same wait staff every night.

We each had a drink package - I just had the soda package (I may or may not have a diet coke problem), my husband had the ultimate package and my parents had the refreshment package. My dad and husband liked getting the better coffee. And my husband used his a couple times to get my daughter a non-alcoholic daiquiri or myself a drink by the pool. We also like being able to get bottled water- came in handy at the theater with the kids and for excursions. We pre- purchased the packages at home when they had a sale.

We didn't purchase the internet because one of our port was Cape Canaveral and we knew we'd get a cell signal there and the rest of the time we liked being disconnected. I kept my phone in airplane mode and used it as a clock in the cabin, my husband kept his in the safe except when we left the ship.

Happy to help! Let me know if you have more questions!

My 11 years didn't check out the kids club once on anthem. There was always something going on.
DH and I had the drink package . We booked really early for our cruise, I don't remember what we paid a day for it, but I know it was worth it. A glass of wine with dinner is$10.62, with the tip. Most nights at dinner I had 2 glasses of wine. Plus a drink or 2 by the pool.
My girls loved getting mocktails from the bionic bar.

If you have iPhones, we discover that having phones in airplane mode and on royal wifi, iMessages went through ( but not pictures). I was also able to read my aol emails.

Just keep checking for the North Star and iFly. Try to get North Star on a port day or when you're closer to Bermuda, they ran iFly in windier conditions than North Star.

My kids loved Adventure Ocean! They're 6 and 8, so both were Explorers and the groups were kept separate every time we were there. My kids typically went to one session per day usually the morning or evening one. We didn't use the late night party because mine were done by 10pm, they were actually done sooner but if we picked them up early it would not have been pretty. Although quite a few times there were a bunch of kids staying after 10. We didn't take advantage of the Adventure dining but it was listed in kids Compass every day. My kids loved the main dining room - we had traditional early seating as we really like having the same wait staff every night.

We each had a drink package - I just had the soda package (I may or may not have a diet coke problem), my husband had the ultimate package and my parents had the refreshment package. My dad and husband liked getting the better coffee. And my husband used his a couple times to get my daughter a non-alcoholic daiquiri or myself a drink by the pool. We also like being able to get bottled water- came in handy at the theater with the kids and for excursions. We pre- purchased the packages at home when they had a sale.

We didn't purchase the internet because one of our port was Cape Canaveral and we knew we'd get a cell signal there and the rest of the time we liked being disconnected. I kept my phone in airplane mode and used it as a clock in the cabin, my husband kept his in the safe except when we left the ship.

Happy to help! Let me know if you have more questions!

Thank you so much for your insight! So glad to hear your kids loved Adventure Ocean.
Silly question... but did you get weighed before going on the North Star?
I will try for a day we are in port but if we can't get any advance reservations we will be happy with whatever we can get.

Did you also try the bumper cars? Another thing DS is really interested in, hope the wait isn't an hour to get on!

One other question... Do they sell Royal Caribbean logo lanyards in the terminal or once on board? I don't think I want to purchase the WOWbands but would like a lanyard to put my SeaPass on...
I do have some Disney ones but wouldn't mind getting a RCI one...

My 11 years didn't check out the kids club once on anthem. There was always something going on.
DH and I had the drink package . We booked really early for our cruise, I don't remember what we paid a day for it, but I know it was worth it. A glass of wine with dinner is$10.62, with the tip. Most nights at dinner I had 2 glasses of wine. Plus a drink or 2 by the pool.

If you have iPhones, we discover that having phones in airplane mode and on royal wifi, iMessages went through ( but not pictures). I was also able to read my aol emails.

Thanks for the tip, I don't think we will buy the internet, even at 30% off that's $12 (one device) and really we will only have 2 sea days. We never get the internet package on Disney and live...
Both DH and I have iphones.

The drink package (alcohol, pop, freshed squeezed juices, specialty coffees, bottled water) is $48 pp right now (on sale), I believe it's $55 with gratuity per day.
I don't think DH and I would drink $55 worth of booze on Disney cruise line, I would normally have 3 drinks of the day, some days a couple of beers. DH would have a few beers. But the drinks/ beer on DCL was cheaper from what I understand. The drink of the day was like $4.80 and beer was $6. DH likes draft beer, actually I do too when I drink beer.
The more I think about it, the more the package sounds pretty good for what it includes.
We were initially thinking of getting 2 soda packages and buying the coffee card and bottled water package.. but might be better off buying the 2 all inclusive drink packages...
Do you remember how much draft beer was on board and if they had bud light? Thanks :)

We didn't actually get to ride on North Star. I heard the weigh, but I don't know for sure. I think it's more a total weight per pod not individual that they are worried about. They do have a height check before you get into line, so keep that in mind if you have any short kiddos.

We did bumper cars three times. Twice in morning and once in the afternoon. For the morning if the time was listed at 9:30 we would try to head to the SeaPlex at 9. They started by 9:10-9:15 both times and we were done by 9:30-9:45ish. Make sure you take your DS's SeaPass card they were checking all the kids to make sure they were either old enough to drive or ride.

They sell lanyards all over the place including in the terminal before you board. Keep in mind since these SeaPass cards have the RFID chips in them they can't be hole-punched so it'll be the lanyard with the little plastic pouch on the end. We got WOW bands because we were in a Jnuior Suite - my husband loved it and wore it all the time (except you can't use it to get on or off the ship) my kids and I preferred the cards (and we love Disney's magic bands)! I carried a small wristlet that held my card, chapstick and small camera in it. The kids will get an Adventure Ocean lanyard at the end of the week - at least mine did during their last session.

We didn't and are kicking ourselves about it. We want to go again in Spring 2019 and should have done a dummy booking for 2018 and then switched it. Oh well I guess there's always next time!

Silly question... but did you get weighed before going on the North Star?
I will try for a day we are in port but if we can't get any advance reservations we will be happy with whatever we can get.
They did not weigh for north star but did weigh everyone for ifly..
Did you also try the bumper cars? Another thing DS is really interested in, hope the wait isn't an hour to get on!
We did bumper cars 3 times. We did it on embarkation day with a small wait. Then on a sea day, probably waited about 40 minutes.
Third time was at sea pled for bball tournament, noticed people lining up, so got in line. Only issue with that was, sea was rocky so they announced check back in hour for bumper cars. Said going to do a sports event. I went to get sneakers while DH and girls stayed in line. By the time I got back they were loading cars to start the bumber cars. So it started late.

Do you remember how much draft beer was on board and if they had bud light? Thanks
Sorry didn't have beer. There wasn't a cheap drink of the day like on other ships. It seemed that most drinks were $12-13 plus the tip. It was so nice not having to think about if we wanted a drink or not.
I'm also wondering if you guys booked another cruise on board?
We did but most likely going to change it. I will say if you think you are going to book on board price out before hand. We booked harmony. Went back next day since DH decided he likes the smaller ships and wanted to cruise out of San Juan. No clue what prices she gave us, but it wasn't the same as the ones we found after we got home.

I will say we booked on board the last 3 times , every booking was changed without an issue. We booked grandeur while on board enchantment. We booked a jr suite which we switched to 2 inside cabins for less than cost of jr suite.
While on grandeur booked Allue. Switched allue for anthem. Kept same booking number and booking date.
Great perk of on board booking is lower deposit. $200 instead of $1000 I was getting when I was pricing.
I'm most likely going to switch harmony booking to Alaska in 2018. Thinking of doing Route 66 in the spring instead of a cruise.

DS has never been on roller skates but has done rollerblading, plus he is very good on ice skates. So he should be ok on the roller skates and he is also super excited about it!
That and bumper cars and North Star.

I have friends that are cruising on the Anthem in June, they have only cruised with Disney before (same for my family). I told her I would try and find some info on here for her and this thread has been great. I have a question...it may be a silly one, but please remember I am clueless. Is there a charge for things like the rock climbing, iFly, bumper cars, North Star? If so, do you know an approx fee?

Also, we live in GA. I am assuming there is shuttle services to Newark airport from port. Any idea of the fee? There will four adults and luggage.

Thanks so much for you help! :)

There is no fee for the activities you listed. They say they charge a no show charge for North Star and ifly.
If you are booked I'm sure you can price out shuttle on royal site. Make sure you book ifly, North Star and shows in advance.

fI believe that For iFly you get one "flight" free and then you can pay for additional flights after that. Getting multiple reservations could be tricky though. Bumper cars, trapeze school, roller skating, North Star are all free and you can go as many times as you want. We drove to the port but I'm pretty sure there are multiple options getting from the airport to cruise port, private shuttles may or may not be cheaper than a Royal Caribbean shuttle.

One more question about the drink package if you don't mind... were you able to use it right on embarkation day?
I was looking at Carnival's website and saw it says you can't activate their drink packages first day while still in New York due to NY port laws. Do you know anything about that? I can't find anything on the RCI website.
If we buy the drink package I'd like to be able to use it right away when we board...

I just got off Anthem on Sunday.

I wasn't weighed for North Star. Our iFly on the last sea day got cancelled because of seas & wind. Not a big deal since we have iFly here where we live.

I didn't roller skate because of the helmet requirement. Just no.

Bumper cars were FUN.

Go watch the dodgeball tournament. That was interesting.

Didn't get a drink package because I traveled with a friend who doesn't drink. Knew I wouldn't drink the $400 worth. Budgeted $200. Spent $164.50. Drink prices are higher than Disney for sure. On Disney my favorite glass of Moët Ice is $18. On Royal it's $27 plus tip. Not happening. I can get the bottle at home for $65. I did bring a case of water onboard with me. That was nice to have.

Loooooved the VOOM internet. Loved. Was able to stay in touch with my grown sons & hubby. Had a FaceTime voice call with my mom once.

We rebooked Harmony for October!

Any questions, lemme know!

I just got off Anthem on Sunday.

I wasn't weighed for North Star. Our iFly on the last sea day got cancelled because of seas & wind. Not a big deal since we have iFly here where we live.

I didn't roller skate because of the helmet requirement. Just no.

Bumper cars were FUN.

Go watch the dodgeball tournament. That was interesting.

Didn't get a drink package because I traveled with a friend who doesn't drink. Knew I wouldn't drink the $400 worth. Budgeted $200. Spent $164.50. Drink prices are higher than Disney for sure. On Disney my favorite glass of Moët Ice is $18. On Royal it's $27 plus tip. Not happening. I can get the bottle at home for $65. I did bring a case of water onboard with me. That was nice to have.

Loooooved the VOOM internet. Loved. Was able to stay in touch with my grown sons & hubby. Had a FaceTime voice call with my mom once.

We rebooked Harmony for October!

Any questions, lemme know!

I take it you had a good time if you booked Harmony? If we like the Anthem we want to book a cruise on the Oasis class as well. Our Anthem cruise is towards the end of May.
$166 is very good for a bar bill, was that for 7 days?
... We are still trying to figure this drink package out. It's on sale right now at $48 pp. I figure if we each have a couple of sodas, specialty coffee or two and a few drinks each, bottled water... we save? I don't know. It would be super convenient though.
Just wondering... did they say anything about bringing bottled water on? I'm assuming it was in your carry-on?
Anyway hope you had a great cruise!

For those of you that just cruised on Anthem, do you have a picture of the current soda souvenir cup you get with the drink package?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter