Anti-Disney folk: What do you say to them?

i can make anything sound fun, usually when i run into people that dont like Disney, i tell them about some of the best stuff, and remind them what its like to be a grown up kid, and next thing you know they are like" i want to go to Disneyland now", you just have to turn them.:cool1:

My family cop a lot of flack too, *** DL is a 14 hour flight away from us.
We have been twice in 2 years, and plan on going again Nov 2011.
We get the rolling eyes from family members, and I have been told by people at work that there are other places in the world we could go.
We love DL, the Californian atmosphere, the food, the malls...everything that Australia doesnt have.
It is just the most perfect holiday destination for us, and will be for a very long time to come!:cheer2:

I just say: Buh Bye to them. My time is too precious and I don't waste it trying to justify my love for DL to anyone who even has to ask. They're just jealous they had to grow up anyway!!!! :stitch2:

Sometimes people are just disagreeable because they can be or to bother you. Other wise I generally tell people whatever blows your hair back this is what blows mine and what a lovely cool breeze it is.

The worse Ive ever had though is someone telling me I was racist because I had a Mickey Tee on and Walt was Anti Semitic. Which I thought was intresting since my DBF and his family are Jewish :rolleyes: and once while humming Zipadeedoodah at work a women told me I shouldnt sing that its racist to which I told her, no some people consider the film to be racist I dont really think it is, but the song definiatly isnt. ;)

Hi everyone, I posted this on the WDW board a couple of years ago and thought it might be fun to also post it here.

Each to their own, I know, but it puzzles me why some people have so much negativity and hatred for all things Disney. Why are there so many misconceptions and generalizations about Disney vacations?

Here are some statements I have heard:

Disney is for kids. As an adult, you really should have grown out of all that long ago :rotfl2:
There is an inner child in all of us. I am not so jaded I stoped believing in magic.
Disney fanatics/obsessives scare me. It's really creepy! pixiedust:
Not much you can say to that. People who think that probably have never even seen Sleeping Beauty.
Walt was a communist/Disney is an evil corporation, blah blah blah :rolleyes:
Ask where they get their "facts".
Disney vacations are too expensive/over-priced :confused3
Compared to what? Staying home. Yes, it cost a lot more than that.
Disney is too artificial/sanitized :wizard:
Ok, go down the street and do a tour of the county jail instead.
I hate crowds and waiting in long lines in hot weather :rolleyes1 :idea: :teacher:
Visit the DIS! :lmao:
You go waste your money on over-priced/sanitized Disney/Epcot, while I visit the REAL countries with my REAL passport :lmao:
I do both :woohoo:
I'd rather visit a REAL zoo than Animal Kingdom :eek:
I'd rather go on a safari then go to the local zoo. So I'll go to Animal Kingdom.
Disney food is crap. Disney caters to the chain restaurant crowd :woohoo:
Disney counter service is better than many chain restaurant I have been to.
Having your wedding at Disney is weird and creepy :love:
A wedding is basically a girl trying to be a princess, why not do it in front of a castle?
I went to Disney once and I was bored out of my mind :scared1::eek::scared1::eek:
See all of the above.

Have you guys heard similar things?
What do you say in response? How do you deal with Negative Nellys?

I deal by talking about something else with these people. If they don't let it go, I let them go. Don't judge me based on where I vacation.

Hi everyone, I posted this on the WDW board a couple of years ago and thought it might be fun to also post it here.

Each to their own, I know, but it puzzles me why some people have so much negativity and hatred for all things Disney. Why are there so many misconceptions and generalizations about Disney vacations?

Here are some statements I have heard:

Disney is for kids. As an adult, you really should have grown out of all that long ago :rotfl2:

Disney fanatics/obsessives scare me. It's really creepy! pixiedust:

Walt was a communist/Disney is an evil corporation, blah blah blah :rolleyes:

Disney vacations are too expensive/over-priced :confused3

Disney is too artificial/sanitized :wizard:

I hate crowds and waiting in long lines in hot weather :rolleyes1 :idea: :teacher:

You go waste your money on over-priced/sanitized Disney/Epcot, while I visit the REAL countries with my REAL passport :lmao:

I'd rather visit a REAL zoo than Animal Kingdom :eek:

Disney food is crap. Disney caters to the chain restaurant crowd :woohoo:

Having your wedding at Disney is weird and creepy :love:

I went to Disney once and I was bored out of my mind :scared1::eek::scared1::eek:

Have you guys heard similar things?
What do you say in response? How do you deal with Negative Nellys?

Yeah I have heard many of those many times!!! Even from guests in the park!! And you my response is this:

Disneyland Is my happiest place on earth. It makes me poop with joy to be at the parks. And it’s the only place I can feel like a kid again! I’m sorry you don’t understand

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter