Any adult Dis'ers into Hardcore Metal?

Hey Madd! I'm still haunting the place! Counting down the days till Mayhem and listening to the newest Knot...what a great summer! How are ya? I'll be hitting the road in a couple of weeks but till then I'll try to get in here more often...Take care!

OMG! That stinkin' little cat is making me PEE!:lmao: :rotfl2:

Love the pics in your siggy!:banana:

Not a huge Manson fan but figured I'd add one

mickeymanson.jpg

Other prog bands you may not have heard of but are worth checking out:
Elegy, Star One, Ayreon, Explorer's Club(James Labrie from Dream Theater), Mastodon (a band that is often overlooked by Brothers of True Metal such as ourselves).

Arjen's stuff is hit/miss for me. I like some of Ayreon's stuff, but I love Star One, especially the live CD/DVD. Dream Theater is one of my fav bands, so I've got most of the side project stuff, which is again hit or miss. I just saw Liquid Tension Experiment (Portnoy/Petrucci/Rudess/Levin) live at NEARfest which was incredible. I've only gotten in Mastodon within the last year or two, but I freakin' love 'em. While Blood Moutain is great, Leviathan is a monster!

I love all True metal no matter the Sub-genre and lyrical content.
It is so funny I am a die hard Atheist and hate modern religions but for some reason I love bands like Edenbridge, Narnia, Evergrey, Grave Digger, Dream Theater, ZAO, In This Moment and many other Christian/ modern religion bands just as much as the anti-Christian/modern religion metal bands...

I'm kinda in the same boat. I'm not religous at all and tend towards the athiest side. I dig a lot of classic prog like Yes, ELP, King Crimson etc ... Spock's Beard has been one of my fav prog groups for years. A few years back, thier frontman became a born-again, and left the Beard to do solo Christian prog stuff. We're talking heavy Christian vibe, but the music is still some of his best stuff. It dsoesn't bother me in any way at all. Good music is good music!

Arjen's stuff is hit/miss for me. I like some of Ayreon's stuff, but I love Star One, especially the live CD/DVD. Dream Theater is one of my fav bands, so I've got most of the side project stuff, which is again hit or miss. I just saw Liquid Tension Experiment (Portnoy/Petrucci/Rudess/Levin) live at NEARfest which was incredible. I've only gotten in Mastodon within the last year or two, but I freakin' love 'em. While Blood Moutain is great, Leviathan is a monster!

I'm kinda in the same boat. I'm not religous at all and tend towards the athiest side. I dig a lot of classic prog like Yes, ELP, King Crimson etc ... Spock's Beard has been one of my fav prog groups for years. A few years back, thier frontman became a born-again, and left the Beard to do solo Christian prog stuff. We're talking heavy Christian vibe, but the music is still some of his best stuff. It dsoesn't bother me in any way at all. Good music is good music!

Exactly you got it good music is good music espcially when it comes to Metal \m/ ...It really is good to meet someone who acctually knows his Metal...I also saw Liquid Tension Experiment live...so awesome I was mesmerized. I agree with you that so many side projects are hit or miss it is so hard for me to get into certain side projects or secondary involvements because I am hopelessly comparing what I am hearing to what I have heard which is an endless cycle of dissapointment..

Exactly you got it good music is good music espcially when it comes to Metal \m/ ...It really is good to meet someone who acctually knows his Metal...I also saw Liquid Tension Experiment live...so awesome I was mesmerized. I agree with you that so many side projects are hit or miss it is so hard for me to get into certain side projects or secondary involvements because I am hopelessly comparing what I am hearing to what I have heard which is an endless cycle of dissapointment..

OK- I must admit, I have never heard of 99% of the bands you and Brocktoon are talking about- but- I did go and check out Liquid Tension Experiment AND Apocalyptica's I'm Not Jesus on You Tube.

I would have to hear more of their music to make a decision. Sounds a little to mellow for me, BUT- sometimes I am in the mood for mellow!

I will go and listen to some more of the bands you have been talking about.

OK- I must admit, I have never heard of 99% of the bands you and Brocktoon are talking about- but- I did go and check out Liquid Tension Experiment AND Apocalyptica's I'm Not Jesus on You Tube.

I would have to hear more of their music to make a decision. Sounds a little to mellow for me, BUT- sometimes I am in the mood for mellow!

I will go and listen to some more of the bands you have been talking about.

Liquid Tension will definately sound mellow compared to black metal. LTE is actually more like old school shredding mixed with a lot of jamming. Kinda like a pumped up instrumental version of Roth era Van Halen. They're an aquired taste if you're not a fan of how many 1000's of notes you can fit into one minute. I love guitar shredding though.

If you're looking for more a mellow mix with some metal, I strongly reccomend the more recent Porcupine Tree stuff. Escpecially 'Deadwing' and 'Fear of a Blank Planet'. Porcupine Tree is very close to a modern day Pink Floyd, but over the years, their frontman Steve Wilson started working with Opeth, and brought a strong metal influence to the last few albums. I found them to be one of the most amazing bands of the last decade. Prog fans find the last few albums on the heavy side, while metal fans find it very mellow. Again, they're definatetly not metal, but I know a ton of metal fans that love thier sound.

Are there any internet music stations I can listen to that play Prog rock- well, one that you would recommend?

Live 365? I have Sirius......

Are there any internet music stations I can listen to that play Prog rock- well, one that you would recommend?

Live 365? I have Sirius......

My employer has locked out almost all internet music stations, so I don't know what's out there any more. Live 365 probably has a few good prog stations if you do a search for prog rock or prog metal.

One of the few stations I can still listen to is Metal Messiah Radio

http://www.metalmessiahradio.com/

They play a really eclectic mix of everything metal, from prog, thrash, black etc ... A lot of times, the rotation seems to be heavy on the prog side.

I think there's two streams on the site. The 'Metal' stream plays the prog stuff.

My employer has locked out almost all internet music stations, so I don't know what's out there any more. Live 365 probably has a few good prog stations if you do a search for prog rock or prog metal.

One of the few stations I can still listen to is Metal Messiah Radio

http://www.metalmessiahradio.com/

They play a really eclectic mix of everything metal, from prog, thrash, black etc ... A lot of times, the rotation seems to be heavy on the prog side

Thanks! I have never been to that site!

There are 2 sides you can listen to?? When I first went on I chose the side to the left- they were playing Shadow Gallery?? I clicked on it and thought :sad2: no-

I look to the right and I saw they were playing Chimaira there- quickly stopped Shadow Gallery, turned on Chimaira and though.....ahhhhh- this is better:rotfl2:

Thanks! I have never been to that site!

There are 2 sides you can listen to?? When I first went on I chose the side to the left- they were playing Shadow Gallery?? I clicked on it and thought :sad2: no-

I look to the right and I saw they were playing Chimaira there- quickly stopped Shadow Gallery, turned on Chimaira and though.....ahhhhh- this is better:rotfl2:

:rotfl2: Yep, I don't think you're gonna be a big prog rock fan. Shadow Gallery is indeed prog/rock/metal, where Chimaira is just ... well brutal!

I edited my last post, but the left 'Metal' feed play a lot of the prog stuff.

:rotfl2: Yep, I don't think you're gonna be a big prog rock fan. Shadow Gallery is indeed prog/rock/metal, where Chimaira is just ... well brutal!

I'm trying:lmao:

I'll never forget the time I saw Chimaira open for Immortal and Manowar they as in Chimaira got booed off the stage it was hilarious. I don't know what the concert promotores were thinking grouping Chimaira with Immortal and Manowar..Afterall the fans of Immortal (true old school black metal) and Manowar have to be some of the most elitist group of metal heads in the world.

Metal Messiah Radio is awesome btw I listen to it at work as well. They play alot of Black Metal which is awesome -I-

I'll never forget the time I saw Chimaira open for Immortal and Manowar they as in Chimaira got booed off the stage it was hilarious. I don't know what the concert promotores were thinking grouping Chimaira with Immortal and Manowar..Afterall the fans of Immortal (true old school black metal) and Manowar have to be some of the most elitist group of metal heads in the world.

Metal Messiah Radio is awesome btw I listen to it at work as well. They play alot of Black Metal which is awesome -I-

The only time I remember a lot of boo's at a concert was years ago- I went to see Kiss- It may have been when they came back w/ make-up, I forget, anyway- they were touring with The Def Tones (whom DH and I love) and we were so psyched to see them- and

Everyone was booing!:confused3

The only time I remember a lot of boo's at a concert was years ago- I went to see Kiss- It may have been when they came back w/ make-up, I forget, anyway- they were touring with The Def Tones (whom DH and I love) and we were so psyched to see them- and

Everyone was booing!:confused3

Deftones are amazing live!!! I would boo KISS before Deftones lol...I saw KISS on the Psycho Circus tour not too impressed...

Another band I saw get booed off the stage was Kings X it was brutal they played with Hammerfall and Blind Guardian again much like I don't know what the promoters were thinking with Chimaira and Manowar I have no idea what they were thinking putting Kings X which are boring at best with two high flying fast paced Power Metal bands. The worst part is Hammerfall went on first played 5 yes 5 songs got off the stage Kings X stepped up and were promptly greeted with boos, Kings X sucks and Hammerfall chants.

Antoher time that I swore I was going to hear boos but didn't was the time that I saw Slayer at the House of Blues in Downtown Disney when Messugah and Sick of It All opened..I bet my buddy that Sick Of It All would get booed off the stage being that they are New York Hardcore and Slayer are well Thrash its like oil and water but alas I was wrong and my punishment was that I had to see Slash's Snakepit which is worse and more painful than having to fit my 6'5 250 pound frame onto the Peter Pan ride.

I know this is old hat but I was listening to a lot of DImmu Borgir at work today because I had to focus on work and for some reason Black Metal helps me to focus soley on the task at hand...in any case has anyone else heard Dimmu's cover of Twisted Sister's Burn In Hell...it absolutley destroys life bext Black Metal cover of a non black metal song ever well second to Cradle of Filth's cover of Hallowed be thy name but you get my drift...

"Lay down your soul to the God's rock and roll Black Metal!!!" -I-

I know this is old hat but I was listening to a lot of DImmu Borgir at work today because I had to focus on work and for some reason Black Metal helps me to focus soley on the task at hand...in any case has anyone else heard Dimmu's cover of Twisted Sister's Burn In Hell...it absolutley destroys life bext Black Metal cover of a non black metal song ever well second to Cradle of Filth's cover of Hallowed be thy name but you get my drift...

"Lay down your soul to the God's rock and roll Black Metal!!!" -I-

I LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUVVVVVVV their version of Burn in He!!-
I saw Dimmu a few months back with Behemoth! They both were AWESOME!

Wait! How about Ministry's version of The Doors- Road House Blues!?

Have you heard that?- makes you just wanna get psycho!!!:dance3:

I LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUVVVVVVV their version of Burn in He!!-
I saw Dimmu a few months back with Behemoth! They both were AWESOME!

Ohh wow that is an awesome show!!!! I have seen Dimmu 5 times and Behemoth 3 but never together thats awesome!!!...Have you ever seen Old Man's Child? Glader is the man in Dimmu but is absolutely burtal in Old Man's Child!! In Defiance of Existence is one of my favorite Black Metal albums ever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter