any advice for taking a 2 year old?

guigirlie

Earning My Ears
hiya -
dh and i have been to DLP before - it's where we made our 22 month-old daughter who we'll be taking for the first time in late november! she and i are celebrating our birthdays with this trip (33 for me - 2 for her)

dh and i are big time disney fans and have been to disneyworld in orlando gazillions of times.. so we know all the 'good stuff' for those parks - but we're clueless about DLP!

we're staying at the hotel santa fe (where we stayed last time) and are looking for tips/tricks/advice on taking our daughter. anything is appreciated!

oh - we're there from sat to monday and are coming from london via the eurostar.

::MickeyMo
ebeth

Hi there,

Firstly you are spanning the weekend so it will be very busy, this may not be a problem if you are used to this.

The santa fe is a brisk 10 min walk to the village and probably tops up to near 15 to make it all the way to the park entrances. With having a 2 year old i would say dont shy away from getting on the park bus, mine was complaining after walking from the Sequoia which is only 5 mins stroll.

If you are going to or have booked a character meal I would recommend Cafe Mickeys, it is highly organised and if anyone tries to disrupt them making their way round in order the characters show them back to their seat. Scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, pastry and drinks are all nice.

There are plenty of rides available for a two year old, many of these you will recognise (altho i havent been to orlando yet )
Mad Hatters tea party
Its a small world (about 150 times)
Dumbo flight
Magic Carpet ride.

My youngest was 2 yrs 9 months so there was the extra rides like Pirates etc that she could ride on.

The Disney Studio has less available to everyone but it has the animagique (spelling?) which is truly wonderful.

Look out for the night parades, they will occupy any 2 year old for the full length of the parade.

I have to tail this off now as i have a meeting now, work should not interfere with DLP advice!!

Rob

It's a long time since we took a little one as our youngest is now 12.

But I would recommend hiring a pushchair if you're not taking your own. Also be sure to carry familiar drinks & snacks.

The parade used to come out of gates next to It's a small world, if it still does, this is a good spot to watch the parade & of course its less waiting. Plus after the parade if you are quick IASW is usually a walk on.

get fast passes for Peter Pan early in the day they always run out quickly.

Definitely bring a pushchair with you - the walk from the Santa Fe is a decent one, especially coming back!!!

Also, as you're going at the end of November, wear warm clothes, and bring gloves and a hat, possibly even thermals. It can get COLD, even then - and it's better to be warm than miserable, especially for a child sitting in a pushchair.

Have a great time - and Happy Birthdays. :D

thanks for the responses... :)

we are definitely taking our (smaller) pushchair .. and we'll probably take the bus to and from the hotel for ease. although we walked last time - i think it will depend on the weather.

thanks again!
:hyper:
ebeth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter