Any chance they will extend the AP merch discount?

I have yet to come across any rumours regarding extended discounts which is disheartening. We're not travelling until early Nov so fingers crossed!!

IMO the discount should be extended until all the 13 month annual passes have expired IMO :goodvibes

I am really curious to see what they do for the 50 year anniversary in 4 years. So I wouldn't be surprised to see the current 20disappear/reappear.

The merchandise discount is not ending. It's staying at 20%. :goodvibes

How do you know? Do you have a link stating this? Everything I see on Disney's website says it was a 1 year special.

The 20% was special for this year only, so I would be shocked if they kept it at 20%. I fully expect it to go back to 10% come Oct 1. Which is sad... it caused me to buy a lot more stuff.

How do you know? Do you have a link stating this? Everything I see on Disney's website says it was a 1 year special.

The 20% was special for this year only, so I would be shocked if they kept it at 20%. I fully expect it to go back to 10% come Oct 1. Which is sad... it caused me to buy a lot more stuff.

I've read multiple times on these boards that as of right now there is no end date to the 20% discount reverting back to 10%.

I'd expect it to continue until Disney says otherwise

I've read multiple times on these boards that as of right now there is no end date to the 20% discount reverting back to 10%.

I'd expect it to continue until Disney says otherwise

Hopefully you are correct. I worry about these statements on Disney's site:

"45th Anniversary discount is valid through 9/30/17."

Hopefully you are correct. I worry about these statements on Disney's site:

"45th Anniversary discount is valid through 9/30/17."

I just upgraded to an AP and have the booklet. It says "now through Sept 30, 2017, Passholders get 20% off food and no alcoholic beverages at 45 select restaurants." The rest of the discounts listed have no ending date.

Interesting, I thought it was all ending 9/30/17 as well. I just looked at the passholder benefits and yeah for merchanidse there is no end date listed but some of the restaurant ones do say thru 9/30/17. I sure hope that's true on the merchandise staying 20%!

I think if you examine the fine print you'll find something to the effect of "Offers subject to change without notice." That means they can do whatever they want. If park attendance doesn't start to build they'll probably maintain the shopping discount, I'd say the dining discount is more in question--but that's just based on a hunch. It makes some economic sense that if fewer people are coming to the parks that Disney will try to extract more dollars from the people who are there. I think the markup on merchandise is substantial enough that even with a discount they are still making a profit.

I expect the 20% dining discount to expire, but not the merchandise discount

The 45th Anniversary special discount is the dining discount. You're reading the text on the AP dining page, not the AP merchandise page. Merchandise is staying at 20%.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/p...benefits-and-discounts/merchandise-discounts/

So as of right now, the merchandise discount is really still 20% ? Could anyone being there right now confirm that for me?
Thanks a lot....!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter