Any Disney cross stitch fans out there?

Was it just me or did the Disney Dreams Beauty and Beast cross stitch only sell for about 5 minutes? I wonder if they will do the Lion King the same way when it comes out? Candamar never even listed it on its website! Does anyone know when the Lion King cross stitch is supposed to come out? I've only heard rumors that maybe August, but I don't want to miss it.

I didn't even know there was a BatB kit. That's my favorite movie, and knowing that there was one and I missed it, is so depressing!

It looks sort of like cross stitch world dot com might actually have it, but I can't tell. It has discontinued, but it still has the add to cart button active. You might give it a try to see if you can still get one. If one does make it on ebay, I can't even imagine what they would go for!

It looks sort of like cross stitch world dot com might actually have it, but I can't tell. It has discontinued, but it still has the add to cart button active. You might give it a try to see if you can still get one. If one does make it on ebay, I can't even imagine what they would go for!

I clicked the add to cart many times, and it never registered. And there the only site that seems to have it. Where was it sold in the first place? Any chance that some were sold to the big box stores? I got the first group from Hobby Lobby and I'll stalk them if I have to. :rotfl:

I clicked the add to cart many times, and it never registered. And there the only site that seems to have it. Where was it sold in the first place? Any chance that some were sold to the big box stores? I got the first group from Hobby Lobby and I'll stalk them if I have to. :rotfl:

To tell you the truth I have no clue! I saw one on ebay about a month ago and haven't seen one since. I made the mistake of panicking with the Cinderella Castle one and paid a fortune on ebay for it, so I'm leary of Kinkade ebay buying! HA! But they always eventually turn up on there. I've bought from CSW before, which is why I knew of they had it). Stitchery dot com also carries the Kinkades, but for the past few days their site has been unavailable. You can also buy directly from Candamar, but they never had it listed on their site at all! Sorry I couldn't be more help!

Actually, your post DID help. I figured if you saw it on Ebay a month ago, there was a chance that if the big box stores were to get it, they might have it. So I went over to the Hobby Lobby, and while I did not find the kit, they HAD a tag for it. And they had the 5 x 7 one, which I bought.

I decided to go to the next closest Hobby Lobby, and as I approached the display I could see there were no empty spaces. I saw the Bambi kit first and then SUCCESS! You should have seen me in the store, I hugged it! Unfortunately, this was a not a week when kits were on sale, nor it was a 40% off coupon week, but I have the kit!

So if you have a HL, or have family that are near one, it is worth a visit.

i really need to stop buying kits......i went through them all the other day and i reckon i have 40 years worth there!! i keep finding more i like though!!

A friend of mine gave me a copy of self portrait, but said that hers came with a iron on decal for walt...does anyone know where to get one or does anyone have the pattern instead with walt on the easel? thanks.:)

I have all 14 stoney creek patterns and am more than willing to share. Just PM me your email address... and I will gladly send any one that you want over:cool1::cool1::cool1:

does your copy of self portrait have the pattern for walts face or did yours come with a iron on decal..i have the pattern, but not the decal..thanks..my email is linen4004@aol.com

Actually, your post DID help. I figured if you saw it on Ebay a month ago, there was a chance that if the big box stores were to get it, they might have it. So I went over to the Hobby Lobby, and while I did not find the kit, they HAD a tag for it. And they had the 5 x 7 one, which I bought.

I decided to go to the next closest Hobby Lobby, and as I approached the display I could see there were no empty spaces. I saw the Bambi kit first and then SUCCESS! You should have seen me in the store, I hugged it! Unfortunately, this was a not a week when kits were on sale, nor it was a 40% off coupon week, but I have the kit!

I'm glad you found it! I was just about to tell you there is one listed on ebay right now. There is a bidding war on it, but its there.

I took your advice and went to Hobby Lobby and they had both Bambi and BatB!! They only had one of each left so I snatched them up. And I was able to use the 40% off coupon. Now I will be cross-stitching these Disney Kinkade kits well after I am buried in my grave. :lmao:

I took your advice and went to Hobby Lobby and they had both Bambi and BatB!! They only had one of each left so I snatched them up. And I was able to use the 40% off coupon. Now I will be cross-stitching these Disney Kinkade kits well after I am buried in my grave. :lmao:

I know exactly what you mean! I have all the Kinkade kits and really don't have any plans to stitch them! I have no time! I'm working on one now, then I plan to do the Haunted Mansion Stretching Portraits which will probably take years!

I know exactly what you mean! I have all the Kinkade kits and really don't have any plans to stitch them! I have no time! I'm working on one now, then I plan to do the Haunted Mansion Stretching Portraits which will probably take years!

Haunted Mansion Stretching Portraits??? Where did you get those from???
I think I NEED them... lol

Tracie

Yes, what is this about HM stretching portraits!

I'm glad someone else was able to get the BatB kit too. I too know what you mean about too many kits and not enough time. I just started the WDW 35th kit. After that, I have 4 more Art of Disney kits, Cinderella, Snow White and Pinocchio TK kits plus my new BatB one. I still need to buy the new TK Castle one from the Art of Disney and the Peter Pan and Bambi kits.

Yup, I have all the Kinkade kits and started working working on the first one, Snow White, a few months ago, plus I have the "Self-Portrait" and the Stoney Creek one with Walt and Mickey and the Castle in the background (forget what it's called). Anyway.....:scared1: These WILL get done one way or another!

About the HM stretching portraits....I saw on ebay about a month or 2 ago that someone was selling patterns of the stretching portraits, so that might be what they are talking about.

Haunted Mansion Stretching Portraits??? Where did you get those from???
I think I NEED them... lol

Tracie

Made them using software program. Although I'm a Disney purist, I didn't want the Marc Davis portraits, I wanted the current WDW versions, so it too forever finding a high enough resolution pic to use! They will be massive and they each use about 240 colors, but they will be detailed and pretty close to the originals which is what I wanted.

IF you are selling your Haunted Mansion designs please let me know how much...I would love to purchase them from you.

IF you are selling your Haunted Mansion designs please let me know how much...I would love to purchase them from you.

There would be way too many copywrite issues with selling them. I would just give them to you, but you'd still have to buy the software to read the design, so then it would be mute. I couldn't afford to print them because of their size...each design is over 50 pages and took both my each cartridges a piece. The software was cheaper than one print run! I had to do it over several paydays just for myself! The stack of papers for all four together look like War and Peace!

Plus my way of designing may not be your way...I did decide to use over 240 colors and the design is 11x32 on 18ct aida. I went extremely detailed. You may not want to do it that way. I may start them and decide I was incredibly stupid for doing it this way and scrap the whole thing!

It's wasn't hard, just find a jpeg of the pic you want, plug them into very inexpensive software and viola! Instant cross stitch design! The software does all the work. You just have to find the right software for you. Some are a lot more expensive than others (and more expensive doesn't always mean better - I used to use the expensive software and not only was it hard to use, but the colors were "off" and I never could get them to match).

But if you want em, just let me know when you get the software, and I'll forward them too you if the file isn't too big (I'll have to check on that too-they may be too big for email, then we'd have to use some sort of file sharing service).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter