Any florists out there?

WeluvDisney2

<font color=teal>Proud member of Klutzes Anonymous
Hello, I tried posting this on the community board, but I guess there aren't any florists over there today... :)
Anyway, I am coming to a crossroads in my life. I just finished 18 months of treatments for breast cancer, and my youngest son is starting kindergarten in the fall. I am going to be 36 this year, and I have been home raising kids for the past 15 years.
It is time for me to start a new career. I have always had an interest in becoming a florist. Here is my question... If you are a florist how did you get started? What type of training did you have? How do I go about finding a job in the floral industry?
Thanks for your help!

I'm just writing to encourage you! :goodvibes My dream job is to become a florist. I know that my local college offers floral design classes. If you have a local florist, why not ask them? I actually asked the florist in our local grocery store about it and she was the one who advised me about having the floral design classes. Good luck on your new career. I always thought that it has to be the happiest job; even in sorrow, you're delivering flowers to someone to show that they are loved.

So glad to see you again, Monique! Hope all went well with the treatments!

They offer floral design at many community colleges around here. Good luck on your newly-chosen career! I'm big into following your bliss...I work in a garden center. Now this is a dream job to me.

Thank you for the encouragement PrincessMommyof2!
So glad to see you again, Monique! Hope all went well with the treatments!

They offer floral design at many community colleges around here. Good luck on your newly-chosen career! I'm big into following your bliss...I work in a garden center. Now this is a dream job to me.

Thank you UrsulasShadow. :goodvibes It has been a long road, but I am doing great!

Ok guys, I applied at the local Stop & Shop florist department today. Wish me luck! Thanks!! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter