Any grocery bag swaps happening?

mum of two pirates

This is how I cook
Has there been any grocery bag swaps. We don't have any cool bags here at our stores, So I try to pick them up when were out of town, I just thought it would be nice to have some from other places. I would love to have some of the plastic type ones with deer, bear, or elk. I decided that this year for christmass I am going to use them as gift bags, instead of buying wrapping paper, and wanted to get some different ones. Mum

that is a cool idea. i picked one up everywhere i went for my mom. she loved them. walmart's is black and it says "got bags" on it!

I have two cool ones from walmart in canada. One has big fall maple leaves on it and the other one is a blue sky background with clouds. Both of them are about 3 times the size of the black ones here our walmart sells. I hope someone picks this up and starts us a swap. Bump

I have about 5 from safeway that are the black cloth with the big pink breast cancer ribbon on them, then a cool plastic ranchers reserve brown bag and then a green kids theamed one with buggs bunny on it. To bad I can't ever remember to take them in the store. lol

Our Fred Meyers has some really neat patterened ones. I see ladies using them for scrap stuff at crops all the time :)

I'll have to stop and look next time I'm in town. My aunt came up this weekend and had one from target in Hawaii. It was red with the big white flowers and tiny white target circles. Bump

These aren't just the extra strong plastic bags, but the semi-solid ones?

We have several different versions - a "bag for life" (basically a stronger plastic bag, which is 10p but replaced free when it wears out), then we have sort of boxy ones with fabric handles which are sort of plasticy but not floppy (ISWIM) (35p to 75p depending on size) and finally fabric ones which either fold into a square about the size of a CD (so they unfold to boxy - like the CM blue ones) or softer fabric (like calico) which stuff into a matching pouch, both at about £1.

I'd be interested in this swap - I could get bags from Morrisons, Tesco, Somerfield and probably M&S - and I bet it wouldn't be as much postage as some of the swaps I've done recently:rolleyes1 Would it be groups, so you send say 4 bags the same and get a mixture back, or a random swap so you send in a number(say 3-4) and get the same number (but not your own) back?

I just want someone tostart one. So I confese I never read the swap how it works now as I havent done one for about 3 years. Do the bags all get sent to one persons house and then that person sends them out? When I did it before We just got the other persons name and then shipped it to them, so we only paid postage one way. not to the persons house then from there to who ever it end up at. But I would love to do this if some one starts it. Mum

i would host this if we had interest in it. should i start an interest thread??
:confused3

:banana::yay: I love reusable bags - save the planet, you know;) (plus I really like having a bag no-one else has! Shhhh!) DH is always maning that whenever we go shopping in France I "forget" and leave the reusable bags in the car so we have to buy another one:rolleyes1 But hey, bags are always useful - I use them for food and stuff when we go self catering rather than a box:thumbsup2

I think sending one bag each to three or four people would work best, don't you? Rather than sending all to one person?

me too! like i said my mom was obsessed with them. she had to have one from everywhere. so it became a thing with dh and i. EVERYWHERE we went we were searching for a new one for her. i actually looked everywhere in her apartment when we cleaned it out for those bags and they were gone. i was kinda sad about it. then the other day, i decided to look in her car for something and they were all in her trunk with her push cart thingy that she used. of course they were there together! that's where she needed them. so when she went to a store she had the bags and cart together. DUH! i'm so dumb sometimes!

so i'll start a new thread for any interest!

HOLD ON........
DISNEY STORE has them????
oh i have to have one of those!

i have a green Kohls one and mom had a tan one. they fold up and snap shut.
but then mom had a smaller kohls one that did not close up.

i did not know that the disney store even had them. i'm on the hunt today for one of those. i was just there and bought bubba a wall-e lunch box and a pooh sparkly shirt (both on clearance!;)) and did not see them at my store.
i so have to have one.
i have a jo's big one that i use all the time. i think i saw them at m's the other day.

DH is stocking up on GCs for the cruise. Every time he goes, I get a new bag. PrincessM has a Halloween one for goodies this year (since I'll be at the WB wedding).

tell dh he can go trick or treating with princess M and i can go to the WB wedding!
:rolleyes1

i just have to see it the photo booth and candy jars!

LOL, as much as he'd like to miss the wedding, I think he wants to see the horror show that it will be.

I can't wait to see the photo booth photos toward the end of the night, they should be, ah interesting to say the least. We'll all be loaded because of the no food and only candy to eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter