Any idea when we can buy WDW annual passes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume she meant they won't sell any until capacity increases? Attendance would increase IF they sold APs.

And here's a little news for that cast member, existing annual pass holders ARE currently able to book parks. If they truly were concerned about AP holders taking up all of the capacity, they wouldn't be renewing APs or allowing those who cancelled their APs to now re-buy them. Disney's not limiting ticket sales, not at all. They're just not selling Annual Passes. If one did an analysis I think we would find that, on any given day, Disney oversells the current capacity of the parks. They are not using ticket sale limits to control capacity (has anyone been refused the sale of a ticket, other than AP?). But they are claiming that APs are not for sale because of capacity concerns.
Keep in mind that’s what one front of show CM is saying. CMs generally have less inside knowledge than some posters on here.

Since my pass expired in May, and I didn't renew because I wasn't planning a trip due to COVID concerns until Thanksgiving 2021, now I'm wondering if they are simply not going to sell new annual passes until after the 50th Anniversary starts winding down in 2022, because of expected crowd levels? I hope I can buy one in September, so I can go again in June.
I bought my first annual pass in 6/19 because I was going back in 11/19. I cancelled my pass in 6/20 I think after Disney extended the renewal date because the parks were still closed when I planned on going. I have a long trip planned in 2021 and an annual pass made the most sense. I called the Passholder number and they said they would review my request and get back to me. Less than a week later they called me and let me buy one. I have a voucher I have to redeem at guest services and I have until 2030 to redeem it. Good luck. Hope you can get another one

Have anyone notice that there passes were extended again? My original date of expiration was January 22nd 2021 and my pass was extended until April 18th 2021. But since we recently purchased park hopper tickets for our trip in June 2021, because you technically need a valid tickets. Well I just happened to check my disney experience and now my AP is good until June 18th 2021. Which is a week before our trip. I want to upgrade my ticket to a Annual Pass again. But will this affect my renew date or will it start on the first day I use it. We are going to be doing another trip in January 2022.

Have anyone notice that there passes were extended again? My original date of expiration was January 22nd 2021 and my pass was extended until April 18th 2021. But since we recently purchased park hopper tickets for our trip in June 2021, because you technically need a valid tickets. Well I just happened to check my disney experience and now my AP is good until June 18th 2021. Which is a week before our trip. I want to upgrade my ticket to a Annual Pass again. But will this affect my renew date or will it start on the first day I use it. We are going to be doing another trip in January 2022.
Could be a glitch

Depends on when ap sales resume

It will be a whole new ballgame when new "annual" passes go on sale. It won't be the same as it was before. Right along with the new fp system. If you thought reservations becoming permanent caused people to be upset.

t will be a whole new ballgame when new "annual" passes go on sale. It won't be the same as it was before. Right along with the new fp system. If you thought reservations becoming permanent caused people to be upset.

Please tell me they're gonna mirror the Disneyland system. We went there last New Year's eve and wow, it was so much less stressful not having to worry about booking FP+ 60 days in advance and being able to book once in the park. Also... any insider knowledge on how it'll be come Christmas? You could DM me if you don't feel comfortable saying here... I'm just looking for reassurance that I didn't make a mistake booking the trip...

Please tell me they're gonna mirror the Disneyland system. We went there last New Year's eve and wow, it was so much less stressful not having to worry about booking FP+ 60 days in advance and being able to book once in the park. Also... any insider knowledge on how it'll be come Christmas? You could DM me if you don't feel comfortable saying here... I'm just looking for reassurance that I didn't make a mistake booking the trip...
Sir/M’am if ANYONE DM’s you with insider info on what the holidays will be like you are 100% being trolled. Disney does not know what their holiday will look like anymore than the rest of us do. Plan on them having what they have currently announced, be happy if there is more. If your trip hinges on masks and plexiglass being gone don’t put all your hopes and dreams into that trip happening.

What i can say without any issue is you aren't on the wrong track with your first sentence. It is all about the software and merging all the necessary parts so it isnt constantly crashing. The only plans our group is aware of only go out to mid summer. As they did with the reopen in July 2020, everything is a moving target and while they have targets, they can, and always do, change based on outside factors. As well as money, which is very much a big concern. I can offer an opinion based off what we know, but it would be based on perfect world .

I may have missed this earlier in the thread... on MDX, they have my FL resident ap listed and when I click to renew, it says the pass type is no longer available and trys to upsell me to the $1000 pass. Is this a glitch or would I need to go in person?

I may have missed this earlier in the thread... on MDX, they have my FL resident ap listed and when I click to renew, it says the pass type is no longer available and trys to upsell me to the $1000 pass. Is this a glitch or would I need to go in person?
I would try calling.

Happened to me a couple of times, I logged out and back in and out let me actually downgrade my pass from gold to select

is this true
Disney World suspends sales of new annual passes did a google search for Disney AP and the first link say no more it was by ABC new station in Orlando

AP sales were suspended long ago. They are not halted like DisneyLand though. You can still renew your passes and in fact under certain circumstances you can buy new passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter