Any idea when we might see 2022 discounts?

I just cant see paying full price! I’m guilty of having two deluxe rooms already booked now for end of August but the price is crazy. No way I’m paying that. I already factored in the discounted rate which based on past history for BW is 25%. If that doesnt happen we will either cancel or maybe book a moderate or swolphin and eat mostly at quick serve restaurants. I cant see Disney doing away completly with discounting. Wont it hurt their bottom line in the end? Who will pay these prices?
I also have deluxe rooms booked for end of August. I am debating renting dvc because cost difference is currently over $2000.

I have rented points in the past and it all worked well but that was pre pandemic… I recall the mess that happened with people who rented points last year when Disney closed so kinda scared to go that route again. And I’m really sad to say
and its unprecedented but its looking like they may only release AP discounts for 2022 🥺.

I'm not convinced about these resorts actually being booked. I think WDW is holding back inventory.
What's the status of the next phase of the ,GF to DVC conversion.

Over the last few years, OK 10 +, Disney had converted deluxe rooms to DVC in AKL WL, Contemporary GF and POLY. Maybe a third of CBR was torn down for DVC. A portion of csr became an expensive. Refurbishment and skylliner bumped pop prices to almost moderate.
Disney has been able to maintain high prices by reducing iinventory.

Looks like Disney just released Standard View rooms under the Canadian special offer:

I'm not convinced about these resorts actually being booked. I think WDW is holding back inventory.

For sure they are. I am looking to attend a fairly large conference in February and we can reserve rooms at the conference rate for up to 7 days prior and 7 days after the conference.

That rate is $307 by the way, plus tax.

I think WDW is holding back inventory.
I am looking to attend a fairly large conference in February
In a past life, I was on the Board for an organization that ran academic conferences. As part of netogiating a contract with a conference venue, they commit to a certain number of room-nights to be booked by conference attendees. Those rooms are set aside for those attendees until after the advance-registration deadline for the conference, at which point they remove the holds on those rooms and put them back into circulation.

That's completely normal, and it happens all the time. It's very different from keeping your occupancy artificially low by holding back room inventory from booking at all. I also suspect that the conference business at WDW (and everywhere) is still below pre-pandemic norms. In my academic ield, all of our professional meetings are still remote-only. My daughter attended a conference in her academic field last week, but it was a hybrid meeting and the in-person component (read: the number of room nights sold) was significantly lower than "normal".

It is possible (and maybe even likely) that the WDW Resorts are not operating at full capacity. But, that's almost certainly due to staffing, and not some nefarious scheme to avoid giving out discounts.

That's my worry availability. If I book ahead I'm guaranteed to at least have a spot. You can always book lower and go to a better resort when discounts hit and spend about the same if it's available.
This is my problem too. I want WL a few weeks before Christmas. WL is super popular at Christmas. I booked it way early hoping for a discount for this past December. No discounts came out for our dates. I had to remove a few days from our WL reservation and add CBR. I ended up paying rack rate 😞.

Discounts are up! There's a passholder discount as well as general public discount on select hotels! I saved $175 on my two nights at the Contemporary.

Stay in the Magic and Save;

Save up to $500 on a 5-night stay at select Disney Resort hotels for stays most nights March 6, 2022 through July 7, 2022.

my TA applied the discount for our 2 rooms at POP in the spring and we saved $157.50/room for the trip. better than nothing.

Discounts are up! There's a passholder discount as well as general public discount on select hotels! I saved $175 on my two nights at the Contemporary.
I did not see the Contemporary listed as one of the hotels with a discount

Still on hold , if I cancel first reservation and put new one will wdw credit my first deposit immediately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter