Any last thoughts or suggestions?

Alice28

DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>I'm Doombah Fricki
I have played with my PS's over and over again over the last 4 months. Called and changed 2-3 times...any last thoughts on our plans, or suggestions?

Friday- arrive, check in, dinner at Kona Cafe, with a cocktail beforehand at California Grill (we're staying at the Contemporary)

Saturday- counter service at Epcot- any thoughts where? I know I want to squeeze in getting at least a pretzel at Norway- are their sandwiches good?
Dinner- Beaches & Cream before heading to MGM

Sunday- lunch at CRT; dinner at Boma

Monday- Lunch at either Tusker House or Flame Tree--any votes which one? Dinner at Cape May Cafe

Tuesday- Lunch at 50's Prime Time; dinner at ?? somewhere in Epcot; most likely counter service

Wednesday- lunch at Seaworld; dinner at Rainforest Cafe

Thursday- counter service at MK; maybe Pecos Bills?

Thanks!!!

P.S.- These are all new restaurants to me with the exception of Cape May and Rainforest Cafe...

Sounds like some great choices... For EPCOT counter service I love The Land food court area. Lots of great choices. Flame Tree barbecue is very good, although not always open. If it is though, I would go there again in a heartbeat. The only place listed I really would not go is Rainforest Cafe, but we have one a couple hours away, and I've never loved any menu item. Also, for counter service in MK I like Columbia Harbor House or Cosmic Rays better than Pecos Bills - but that is just me! Have a wonderful time!!

I will second ahutton's suggestions about The Land food court (also known as the Sunshine Season Food Fair ;) ) at Epcot and Columbia Harbor House at MK. Those are two of my favorites for counter service. Also at the parks for counter service I have found the following to be nice:

MK

Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe - you can catch some cute animatronic entertainment for the kids while eating

Epcot

Cantina de San Angel - the wet burrito is sooo good and huge, probably enough to share

Another vote for Cantina San Angel - we loved it!! I know it is not that popular on these boards, but we have some picky eaters and all thought it was good. Plus, if you time it right, there are plenty of little tables where you can watch Illuminations.

We also like the Sunshine Season Food Court - lots of choices and most that we have tried are yummy!!!

Have a great trip!!

How funny- we all think alike! I ate at Cantina, the Food Fair, Cosmic Rays and Columbia Harbour house on my last trip. The only one I thought was so-so was the Food Fair, but I could just not get the chicken sandwich again. I'm trying to eat in every country at least once...I think all that's left on my list are Norway, Morocco & Canada. I've eaten either sit down or counter service in all of the other countries- any opinions on the sit down or counter service in one of these pavilions? Any thoughts on Pinocchio's Villiage Haus at MK? Can you watch the Small World boats go by? Is it pretty much the same burgers you get at Cosmic Rays or Pecos Bills?

I have never eaten in Norway or Morocco, but I just have to say that I would definitely suggest Canada. Le Cellier is one of my all time favorite WDW restaurants. Yummy breadsticks, cheese soup, and a great filet. That restaurant seems to get mixed reviews on here. People either really like it, or don't, there doesn't seem to be much middle ground. At Pinocchio’s if you have a table by the window you can see the load/unloading area for the Small World boats. I have not had a burger in there so I can not comment on it.

alice28 you sound just like me ( let's call it "tweaking" the schedule!) and I have 3 months to go still!

since you are going back you must have liked the RFC...anything in particular and have you gone for brfst. and lunch?

Thanks

jann--
I thought the Rainforest cafe was fun, the food was good and the last time we went we had A+++ service. I went once before that in Anaheim, and just thought it was so-so. I have gone for lunch and the first time I went I had a burger, which was huge, and this last time I had a turkey wrap, which was also huge! My mom had the China chicken salad, which looked wonderful, and I will probably have that this time. The portions are VERY big! I think it is kinda pricey- same prices or higher as Disney sit down restaurants, but every other restaurant at Downtown Disney seems either too fancy (Fulton's Wolfgang Puck), or just not my taste (Bongos, House of Blues), so Rainforest Cafe it is. I went to Capn Jack's once, way back in 1995 and it was okay....we might change to that depending on the wait at Rainforest Cafe. Have fun planning your meals!

Thanks for the info..we are planning on using a voucher and splitting at the AK rfc so I'm glad the protions are big!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter