Any news on Jaleo opening in Disney Springs?

MrsJobba1

Dvc owner at BWV & SSR
I love Spanish food especially tapas. We are travelling from the UK early May 2019.
From things I've seen it was opening Dec 2018 although I've not heard anything else?
Any info would be really appreciated -
Fingers crossed
Thanks

It was definitely not open in December. We were there Dec 23-30 and there were still boards around the restaurant. I have been keeping an eye on it with the hope that we'd be able to eat there either Feb or May but not heard anything yet. With the boards up, it wasn't even possible to see how close they are to completing the inside so it's impossible to know if the delay on opening is due to renovations, staffing or planning. The signs still said opening 2018.

No set date - just “winter 2019” but I think they’re getting close. Some concept art was released the other day...it looks really cool. I can’t wait to try it.

I contacted the restaurant's FL number sometime at the end of November/start of December.
Was told the new opening date had been moved up to mid-January which was really disappointing as I would have cancelled our existing New Year's Eve ADR at Wine Bar George in a shot. Spent a nice bit of time at Disney Springs and saw no activity at the restaurant's construction site. Based on that I'd guess they will not be opening before February and perhaps even later. The basic structure is in place (looks gorgeous!) and I read online that they also plan to open a counter service eatery. We'll be returning to WDW the start of April and hopefully the restaurants will be fully operational by then because... because I'm hungry and and the government shutdown in DC has that trip on hold too thus no Jaleo/America Eats/minibar/Beefsteak/barmini or China Chilcano anywhere for me to eat currently. Waahhhhhh! ;).

Sidebar: Should you like the grape this is a veddy nice place to drown your Jose Andres sorrows. Interesting wine list and a limited but well executed food menu.

No set date - just “winter 2019” but I think they’re getting close. Some concept art was released the other day...it looks really cool. I can’t wait to try it.

Winter 2019??? oh dear that means its way off schedule

Winter 2019??? oh dear that means its way off schedule
I think that would be this month or next month or maybe March at the latest. This is the one thing I’m really waiting for my July trip! I’d love to eat here a few times :rotfl:

So assuming Winter of 2019 refers to actual seasons, March would be the latest? Visiting over spring break and would love to try and snag a reservation.

Waiting (patiently????) for Jaleo as well. Was hoping that Dec 2018 was true, but it was Not! Our last ABD was Spain and we got hooked on Tapas and Paella.
Fingers crossed for May 2019 now....

The next trip we make will be the 4th since Jaleo announced it's forthcoming opening. It would be nice if it opens by April but I'm not holding my breath.

Same here. I was all over this back in October, thought for sure it would be open by our December trip, now it's looking like we'll miss it again next week. JA is an amazing Chef and an even better person and I'm greatly looking forward to this opening.

Same here. I was all over this back in October, thought for sure it would be open by our December trip, now it's looking like we'll miss it again next week. JA is an amazing Chef and an even better person and I'm greatly looking forward to this opening.
Looks like there is more than just us waiting for Jaleo!!!!

Does it say when in March? So exciting!! Thanks!!

No, just March. However, on their website, I was able to book a dinner for 12 people on March 09. It was a little weird though and I don't actually think I reserved anything at all. It was on their corporate site, (not sure how I got there), and it allowed me to reserve a "corporate" party. Well not actually reserve, but in effect, make a request for someone to get back to me. We'll see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter