Any "Reacher" fans? Possible spoilers

We enjoyed the season a lot. Looking forward to the next one.
I've read most of the books, DH has read them all.

Not that bad. I mean, we always know Reacher is going to come out on top at the end :D
Of course he's going to come out on top. But they changed from the books so much, it made it too unrealistic (IMO).
Reacher getting "caught"... facing six(?) guys with automatic weapons, himself handcuffed, and taking them out without a shot being fired (before being "captured" again)? Why did they not shoot him? Oh, they needed to know where Neagley was. Why?
Holding the gurney with Dixon on it by one hand as it's dangling outside a helicopter while getting kicked and pummeled, AND with a knife in the arm? But again, they don't shoot him?
Dixon somehow by herself freeing herself from the gurney straps, and then climbing up over the gurney to get back in the helicopter?
All four of them shooting the arms dealer in what could have been the opening scene from Robocop? Why?
Letting the pilot and engineer go, then shooting them down with the missile? "Let them get over the river"?
Why did Levoy's commando's wait before shooting the four hero's? Oh, look, "Homeland Security" shows up just in time.
Maybe I'm too much of a purist. I had a slight issue with them changing the location from the book, but I think they went WAY overboard on how much they changed the ending.

Of course he's going to come out on top. But they changed from the books so much, it made it too unrealistic (IMO).
Reacher getting "caught"... facing six(?) guys with automatic weapons, himself handcuffed, and taking them out without a shot being fired (before being "captured" again)? Why did they not shoot him? Oh, they needed to know where Neagley was. Why?
Holding the gurney with Dixon on it by one hand as it's dangling outside a helicopter while getting kicked and pummeled, AND with a knife in the arm? But again, they don't shoot him?
Dixon somehow by herself freeing herself from the gurney straps, and then climbing up over the gurney to get back in the helicopter?
All four of them shooting the arms dealer in what could have been the opening scene from Robocop? Why?
Letting the pilot and engineer go, then shooting them down with the missile? "Let them get over the river"?
Why did Levoy's commando's wait before shooting the four hero's? Oh, look, "Homeland Security" shows up just in time.
Maybe I'm too much of a purist. I had a slight issue with them changing the location from the book, but I think they went WAY overboard on how much they changed the ending.

True, but I think they are trying to get too action-heroey Reacher.
But I take it what it's for, fluff. LOL

I really really enjoyed season 1, albeit there were a couple gruesome scenes I wish I could un-see.

Season 2, I'm having to force myself to continue watching.
Too much talk, not enough plot development or surprises.
Not sure we'll keep up with it, but I agree that Alan R is doing a fantastic job! (I'm really curious if he and his wife let their sons watch the show)

I really really enjoyed season 1, albeit there were a couple gruesome scenes I wish I could un-see.

Season 2, I'm having to force myself to continue watching.
Too much talk, not enough plot development or surprises.
Not sure we'll keep up with it, but I agree that Alan R is doing a fantastic job! (I'm really curious if he and his wife let their sons watch the show)
I just read an article by Alan R. and he said they are aware that people didn't like the change from the book formula for Reacher, so season 3 will be Reacher alone going to different places. At least that was what he was hinting at. I hope so.

Completely agree with all of this. My wife has never read a Reacher book and had a similar thought. Changing the location from LA and Vegas to NY and Atlantic City wasn't too bad, but the ending was horrible compared to the book.
I've read every book except the newest one, I'm halfway through that, I saved it for my most recent flights. Completely hated the Tom Cruise movies just because of how bad the casting was.

Completely agree with all of this. My wife has never read a Reacher book and had a similar thought. Changing the location from LA and Vegas to NY and Atlantic City wasn't too bad, but the ending was horrible compared to the book.
I've read every book except the newest one, I'm halfway through that, I saved it for my most recent flights. Completely hated the Tom Cruise movies just because of how bad the casting was.
Have never seen the Tom Cruise movies (nor read the books) but after watching Reacher I can't imagine why they thought Cruise was a good casting choice. Kind of like when they cast Matthew Mcconaughey as Dirk Pitt from the Clive Cussler book Sahara.

Changing the location from LA and Vegas to NY and Atlantic City wasn't too bad
I agree - but don’t get me started on the Harlan Coben series they’ve just made. They keep setting these adaptations in the UK which drives me nutty when I’ve read the books and they’re based in the eastern side of USA.

1706650730910.jpeg

From a friend: How is it that this guy can go in a thrift store and pick things off the rack...and they fit him. I can go into Dillard's and have to try on everything in the place to find a pair of pants that fit.
LOVE Reacher!

DH is an avid fan. I’ve just started reading. We both hated Tom Cruise in the film but Alan Ritchson is spot on casting for the role. There were a few smh moments but overall we really liked it.

Have never seen the Tom Cruise movies (nor read the books) but after watching Reacher I can't imagine why they thought Cruise was a good casting choice. Kind of like when they cast Matthew Mcconaughey as Dirk Pitt from the Clive Cussler book Sahara.

Pretty sure Cruise's production company bought the licensing rights to the film, that's how come he was in it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter