Any reason to carry cash in the parks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to add, always bring your license. My halloween party ticket even when linked they asked to see my CC and license. I didnt bring anything because i was on property and had everything linked to my band. It was all taken care of after i had to wait 40 minutes in the customer service line. But thats 40 minutes i wasted.
True!! I’ve had them ask for it once in the gate where one of our tickets wasn’t working for some mysterious IT reason.

But more importantly (hah) I always carry ID for drinks. I’ve usually got three kids in tow as proof of my age, but I’ve been carded occasionally when the kids are riding an attraction with their dad (I think my penchant for disneybounding makes me seem younger) and glad I brought my ID.

i always carry a little with me just in case.
During F&W, there have been a few kiosks where they couldn't get the CC card reader to work or the MB reader.
In the last few years, while I have had a little cash with me, I've never needed it.

I always carry cash. Encountered their whole system being down for magic bands and credit cards more than once. So I bring enough cash that I'm comfortable paying for snacks, drinks and usually one meal with me.

We usually purchase the Dining plan that comes with two snack credits. We don't like to waste using our credits on small stuff like fruit or cookies. This is when we would use cash. We bring coins for making wishes ;), crushed coins and lockers.

Qty 5 $20 in the sling bag. No space or weight. I've purchased things from guests at the park when striking up a conversation.

We no longer carry cash or cc into the parks. With magic bands there is no need to. However on occasion we have a Disney points card we carry. But no real need for cash if you are onsite. We have never had any issues this way.

We never use cash but we always carry some. It isn't like it is really heavy to carry and you never know.

I'm wondering whether we need to carry any cash money in the parks these days? My thoughts:

- We can use a credit card to pay for parking.
- Our tickets are already purchased.
- We can use a credit card to pay for meals (even snacks).
- We wouldn't go "off site" for meals.

Am I missing anything?

Nope, sounds like your bases are covered.
I’d have cash for airports and travel but other than that you should be golden on property.

I’ve had my magic band not work on more than one occasion. Add to that the two times my cc was declined due to a fraud alert, in spite of notifying Chase of a trip, yeah I carry cash.

Cash? What's that?!? I'm surprised to see how many here say that they have cash on them.
For real, I can't remember the last time I used cash anywhere.
And at WDW I actually want to get rid of the credit card use as well; I want to be able to use my Magic Band to pay for everything in the parks.

I don't carry cash. I have a debit card, but if I ran into a situation where the system was down I would just come back later. I think cash is the least convenient, worst way to purchase anything and when I do get cash, I make an effort to get rid of it as quickly as possible.

I carry some cash for tips and for the fact that credit cards/charging back to the room/magic band isn't 100% reliable and their systems can go down. Very infrequent with the credit card but it does happen more often with MB charging.

I’ve had my magic band not work on more than one occasion. Add to that the two times my cc was declined due to a fraud alert, in spite of notifying Chase of a trip, yeah I carry cash.

What is funny is that I used to notify the CC company before I went on a trip(just like they tell you to) and those were the only times that my CC got flagged for fraud. I no longer contact them and have not had an issue since.

Cash? What's that?!? I'm surprised to see how many here say that they have cash on them.
For real, I can't remember the last time I used cash anywhere.
And at WDW I actually want to get rid of the credit card use as well; I want to be able to use my Magic Band to pay for everything in the parks.

I would love to be able to use my magic band also. Last trip, someone at the resort accidentally checked my out of the hotel, noticed the mistake and checked me back in. Don't ask me how that even happens. But I had nothing but issues the rest of the trip. I had to bring my CC back up to the desk to swipe again, fine no problem. Except that it did not work and I could not charge using my MB and I found that out at the park. If I would not have had other forms of payment I would have been SOL. Went back to fix the issue and again, the same problem. I just used a CC for the rest of the trip. This was just in February. Our trip last May the whole system went down for a few hours. Nobody could use their dining points or any other form of payment except cash. Lots of angry people that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter