• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

any recent experience with United?

nycdisneygal

I went ahead and signed up for another kid!
We used to only fly united but switched to Delta which is great (and have AMEX delta reserve). Had a great experience last year with United to hawaii while delta was having issues and flight cancellations. Flew to europe with delta last year and it was great. I know United had issues this summer with a lot of cancellations. United is having GREAT prices for our dates to europe this spring (big trip for my older one's last spring break in high school). Almost half of delta. Would you take a chance?

I had no problems with United domestic flights into and out of O'Hare in Chicago in August (2023).

I plan to fly United again next summer, also domestic flights. It's not my favorite airline, but I will use it if it has the best option for where I need to go.

I only pay attention to domestic routes, but it seems like all of the big airlines have had big problems in the past year or so. You might remember a problem with United, but Southwest, JetBlue and Delta also have had big problems. It seems like one big weather issue, especially in New York, and the schedules are a mess.

I wouldn't hesitate on any of the 4 major american airlines. The chances of something happening are about the same on all of them. In the last few months I've flown on all of them, not much difference between them, especially in economy.

The legacy carriers (United, Delta, American) are pretty much all the same. Sure, service onboard can vary, but the key issues of safety and scheduling are on par with one another.

They each take turns being the airline with issues depending on weather, staffing, and IT meltdowns. All 3 have shared in the misery.

The nice part is with legacy they have reciprocity, the only problem with that is that flights are all jam packed full these days.

I wouldn’t hesitate to book on them if the fare is significantly lower.

I guess you are in NY? United has a hub at Newark. Both American and Delta have hubs at JFK and LGA. Jetblue also has a hub at JFK. Those are the airlines a would stick with at the respective airports if your biggest concern is cancellation and rebook. My wife flies United a lot and has had no issues.

All airlines have issues, just the luck of draw if it affects you. I go back and forth over past 20 years of boycotting either Delta or United. Currently on Delta boycott for 2 years (10 flights). But my boycott would change for a fare half the price 😂

The legacy carriers (United, Delta, American) are pretty much all the same. Sure, service onboard can vary, but the key issues of safety and scheduling are on par with one another.

They each take turns being the airline with issues depending on weather, staffing, and IT meltdowns. All 3 have shared in the misery.

The nice part is with legacy they have reciprocity, the only problem with that is that flights are all jam packed full these days.

I wouldn’t hesitate to book on them if the fare is significantly lower.
Agreed. UA isn't any better or worse than others and price is mostly what these airlines compete on nowadays.

LAX

I’m a million miler on United and tend to only fly with them or their international partners. I feel like the service is generally exceptional. And I get free economy plus seats, better chances at upgrades, etc. I’ve had no recent issues at all. Our last trip was to Denver in June. We are flying to Honolulu in October, doing the transpacific to Australia and then going to New Zealand and flying home from Auckland New Zealand on New Zealand air, a United partner. The miles can add up quickly. Plus our credit cards also accrue miles on United.

We haven’t flown another airline in a long time. Of course there are sometimes delays like any other airline but we have been lucky. Also we are in chicago, their major hub, so that helps.

Thanks all for all the the replies. Really appreciate it and its helpful to hear your thought!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter