Any recent reviews for Tony's Town Square?

Noelle

Kungaloosh!
We're pretty frequent visitor's to WDW. We go about 2 or 3 times a year. We would have dined at Liberty Tree Tavern the night of the MVMCP. But it was booked up on our day. So I have to find a substitute. We haven't dined at Tony's in about 12 years. So can anyone tell me what Tony's is like now? BE HONEST, PLEASE! I really appreciate it! Thanks

We were there in July and it was ok by DH and I. DD and DS seems to really like it.
The pizzas do come with goat cheese, which isn't to everyone's liking so be sure to specifiy EXACTLY what toppings and cheese you want on it.

Another place to try is the cafe behind the ice cream shop on Main Street--can't think of it's name right now but it has yummy large sandwiches and then the ice cream confections from next door. If you have young kids, they may like this just as well.
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Originally posted by dzneelvr
We were there in July and it was ok by DH and I. DD and DS seems to really like it.
The pizzas do come with goat cheese, which isn't to everyone's liking so be sure to specifiy EXACTLY what toppings and cheese you want on it.

Another place to try is the cafe behind the ice cream shop on Main Street--can't think of it's name right now but it has yummy large sandwiches and then the ice cream confections from next door. If you have young kids, they may like this just as well.
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

I think you are thinking of the Plaza, I love it there!
I enjoy the sandwiches.
Also Noelle,

If you do make a PS at Tony's for the night of MVMCP, call when you get into WDW even up to the day you go to see if something opens up for LTT, I believe they open up seats when it gets closer.

A few years ago, I tried to add 2 to my PS that was only 2 at the time, and they said they couldn't, when I got to the podium and asked, they were able to put the 4 of us together with no problems.

Originally posted by Noelle
We're pretty frequent visitor's to WDW. We go about 2 or 3 times a year. We would have dined at Liberty Tree Tavern the night of the MVMCP. But it was booked up on our day. So I have to find a substitute. We haven't dined at Tony's in about 12 years. So can anyone tell me what Tony's is like now? BE HONEST, PLEASE! I really appreciate it! Thanks

I went two years ago and didn't like it. The Plaza, as someone suggested, is a winner.

So can anyone tell me what Tony's is like now? BE HONEST, PLEASE! I really appreciate it! Thanks

Realize people have very diverse taste in food. What one individuals could die for another would rather die before they would eat another bite.

We grew up in a city with a fantastic Italian restaurant District and we were disappointed with Tony's on Main Street and found it to be average (at best) to less than average Italian food. I order pizza since I figured it would be a safe choice...they had to be able to make a good to great pizza:sad2: soggy crust...indicating they did not know how and when to add specific ingredients.

We had an AWESOME time at Tony's!!!!

It was totally unexpected as well, and a wonderful surprise :)
Went first week of October 2003; not quite a year ago. Friday around noon.

My children actually ate--a first for them--they weren't so big on any of the other places. They had pizzas. In fact, we all did. Mr. FFerret and I enjoyed a creme brulee afterwords over coffee--YUMMY.

Mr. FFerret, aka Grumpy, even told me he liked the pesto. I think that's what it's called--the tomato paste? Thanks to y'all DISers I knew about asking for recipes and our hostess was more than happy to give me a nice paper with it. Great (free) souvie for the scrapbook.

The service was OUTSTANDING--I was doing some serious pin trading and had asked the waitress if she had any villain pins. She said no, but then she actually went around to other CMs looking. Sure enough, a wonderful, giggly blonde showed up with a wonderful Si and Am pin for me :)

I love those cats (from Lady and the Tramp) :) :) :)

And, to top it all off, we had a couple of hostesses come by (one was in training) and sprinkle the table (and kids) with Mickey confetti!!!!! BIG HIT, especially for me since I scooped all I could up for my scrapbook :)

We're definitely going back.

As for THE PLAZA, well--wasn't impressed one bit. Our server, Sarah, was fine but the food was just so so. We didn't really feel like dessert, which is too bad as I hear it's awesome. For our next trip we're doing snack there--one of those caramel ice cream dishes sounds wonerful (Milky Way?).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter