Any resources for solo traveler Disney fans to connect with others for trips?

NeutralNovice

Mouseketeer
I really really want to go to Tokyo Disney; however, because of its expense and time commitment, no one in my circle (including my partner) would likely go with me unfortunately.

Although I've traveled solo internationally before, I'm a bit apprehensive about visiting an international Disney Park alone.

For me, I would want to still get my own hotel room but wouldn't mind meeting up with others to explore the parks together. Any good resource to match with people who are in a similar situation?

You may find through posting on the DIS that you'll discover people who are going to be there the same time as you who are interested in meeting up - that's happened for me before, although the boards don't seem to be as active as they used to be!

Having said that, although sometimes it's nice to share the experience, there's absolutely nothing wrong with touring a Disney park solo. I've done it multiple times and have had an absolute blast. You can do exactly what you want, when you want, it's far quicker and easier to get around in crowded spaces, you can utilise single rider where it's available and squeeze into smaller gaps for better viewing spots at shows, you tend to be more observant of your environment so you may notice more of the fun details around you, and you'll still get lots of fun interactions with CMs and possibly even people around you in lines etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter