Any RUMORS About Rules Being Lifted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad I found this thread! My 5 day window to cancel my package is rapidly approaching.

For perspective, last time around Disney World dropped its mandate one week after UO.

I am going to both complexes next week and I have to say very honestly that I’m now looking far more forward to Universal.

Didn’t WDW reinstate theirs months before universal did? That’s what “worries” me. I hope WDW drops their mandate sooner rather than later.

That begs the question what is "fully vaccinated"? Does that mean two rounds if the vaccine you got has two? What about booster? Are you "fully vaccinated" if you have had both rounds but not the booster? What if it's been a year since you had your second round and you didn't get a booster? Do you now need to get a booster or are you fully vaccinated? I'm thinking the first vaccines started around March so this is going to come into play soon. Makes you scratch your head and go hmmmmm.

I work in healthcare and I got my vaccine more than a year ago, but not a booster because 1) I’ve had Covid and 2) I’m a healthy 39 year old with no medical conditions so don’t see the point. It’s an impossible policy to enforce anyway. All these policies and signs are just to CYA anyway.

That begs the question what is "fully vaccinated"? Does that mean two rounds if the vaccine you got has two? What about booster? Are you "fully vaccinated" if you have had both rounds but not the booster? What if it's been a year since you had your second round and you didn't get a booster? Do you now need to get a booster or are you fully vaccinated? I'm thinking the first vaccines started around March so this is going to come into play soon. Makes you scratch your head and go hmmmmm.

It’s not going to come into play. They can’t verify who is vaccinated so it just basically means you don’t have to wear a mask. The whole “recommended for unvaccinated” is just for PR.

Personally, I'm not overly concerned about Covid making me seriously ill. I am low-risk category, thankfully.

After speaking with my SIL this past week, who is a Cardiologist, the immediate data for cardiovascular illness risk -- heart attacks, arrhythmias, strokes, cardiac arrests, you name it -- is not good. Like worse than smoking or obesity not good. Its funny too because a lot of people mock ivory coat science-take for having long-term concerns with SARS viruses we know very little about.

A lot of people are in now mode, not future mode or better yet a balance of both now and future mode.

We went to Disney in August, just after masks indoors were reinstated. It wasn’t nearly as bad as I was expecting, but I would’ve enjoyed not having to wear one at all. We are going back in two months for a short trip to see our sons perform with their marching band and I would be thrilled if they dropped the mandate, but I’m not getting my hopes up.

We went to Disney in August, just after masks indoors were reinstated. It wasn’t nearly as bad as I was expecting, but I would’ve enjoyed not having to wear one at all. We are going back in two months for a short trip to see our sons perform with their marching band and I would be thrilled if they dropped the mandate, but I’m not getting my hopes up.
I was dreading our January trip. But I agree it wasnt as bad as I was expecting. It was more annoying than bad. Biggest annoyances we’re having to put one on for restrooms and where to store them when going to the pool. Also the rides that were otherwise outdoors but had an indoor loading station seemed stupid.

At least the cast members were nicer about reminding people about it this time. In January 2021 when we went they were downright hostile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter