Any tricky CP interview questions?

I had my phone interview last night at 7! I think it went well; it lasted about 40 minutes, and my interviewer asked a lot of questions about all of my top 4 roles and was super nice! I think the only real question that came out of nowhere was when she asked me to do my best pirate voice for BBB/Pirate's League! :rotfl:

I also got asked what my first Disney memory was, because I mentioned in my answer for why I wanted to do the program. There might be another one that was different from what I'd seen, but it was close enough I can't recall it off the top of my head lol.

I made a pretty huge word document of potential questions I gathered on here and other sites, including questions for every role except maybe Hopper. I was thinking of posting it on Google Docs and sharing a link here, if people would like that!

Just wondering, for those who have completed the CP, how has it helped you in "real life?" Have any of you found that it made the difference in getting a job after graduation, or in applying for an internship. How did the program benefit you in a way that another job or internship wouldn't?

I did the CP in fall 09. It has completely helped me in real life. It looks great on resumes. Any interview I've had they always ask me about working for Disney, it's a great way to start the interview. The other biggest change in my life was that it completely changed my work ethic. I was only 19 at the time and my previous jobs I was lazy and slacked a lot. After working Outdoor Foods at MK, I couldn't have a job that was slow paced. Working 12-14 hour days really changes you I believe. It truly helped me with my work ethic and I started to put 100% in any job I've has since then.

Hope this helps.

Do you think that how long the interview lasted has any bearing on whether you will be given an invitation to the CP or not? I have seen several people stating that their interview was almost an hour and many who said theirs was only about 15-20 minutes. Any thoughts on that?

Do you think that how long the interview lasted has any bearing on whether you will be given an invitation to the CP or not? I have seen several people stating that their interview was almost an hour and many who said theirs was only about 15-20 minutes. Any thoughts on that?

My recruiter said at the beginning of the interview that it would take 20 minutes and it took EXACTLY 20 minutes. She said she's been a CP recruiter for 5 years, so I imagine that she knows exactly what she's looking for and doesn't need to take a lot of time to do it.

I've heard of people who had 11 minute interviews getting accepted and I've heard of people with 35 minute interviews who where NLIC'd the same day of their interview. I think a lot of it has to do with your recruiter and how you click with them!

Thanks for all the great info that's been shared so far. My 18-year-old son has his phone interview next Thursday. Good luck to you all!

Kind of.
I was asked if a guest wanted to go to the beach for the day, what advice would I give or recommend to the guest [something along those lines]. I hadn't seen that one coming.

Has anyone seen this question before?

And if you have-any clue which role they are specifically asking this for?

Thanks!

Kind of.
I was asked if a guest wanted to go to the beach for the day, what advice would I give or recommend to the guest [something along those lines]. I hadn't seen that one coming.

Has anyone seen this question before?

And if you have-any clue which role they are specifically asking this for?

Thanks!

I've never heard that one but I'm guessing it would go towards concierge.

I got that question and it was asked because we were talking about Concierge since that's my second choice.

I said that I would ask them what kind of beach they were looking for. Something closer to property (or on property), busy or secluded, what other activities they'd like to do on their outing, and use that information to offer the best suggestion to them.

I also go asked what i would recommend if a guest was looking for dining suggestions. I went to my go to, which is Epcot. "Lots to choose from with variety and something for every person's taste."

I made a pretty huge word document of potential questions I gathered on here and other sites, including questions for every role except maybe Hopper. I was thinking of posting it on Google Docs and sharing a link here, if people would like that!

Yes!! Could you please share that link, I have been trying to create my own but its hard to find questions

I have my phone interview next Monday. I know I would like to go into retail/sales or recreation but idk a third one I really would like since in BBB you have to have salon experience. I do not want any of the food & beverage or housekeeping ones. Any questions I should prepare myself for or anything that can help me get through this? I have had many interviews but not a phone interview. I am a Park & Rec major with Tourism and Resort.

I had my phone interview last night at 7! I think it went well; it lasted about 40 minutes, and my interviewer asked a lot of questions about all of my top 4 roles and was super nice! I think the only real question that came out of nowhere was when she asked me to do my best pirate voice for BBB/Pirate's League! :rotfl:

I also got asked what my first Disney memory was, because I mentioned in my answer for why I wanted to do the program. There might be another one that was different from what I'd seen, but it was close enough I can't recall it off the top of my head lol.

Yes! Could you please post this on here for us! Thanks!

Yes! Could you please post this on here for us! Thanks!

Yes!! Could you please share that link, I have been trying to create my own but its hard to find questions

Absolutely! I set the doc to public, so it should be viewable by anyone. You can find it here. I tried to break it down by category, so general and housing and experience questions that anyone could be asked, and then by roles. Hope it's useful; good luck!

Absolutely! I set the doc to public, so it should be viewable by anyone. You can find it I tried to break it down by category, so general and housing and experience questions that anyone could be asked, and then by roles. Hope it's useful; good luck!

It wont let me see it.

It wont let me see it.

Hmmmm, okay. It's working when I click it, but it's my drive, so it's hard to know what might be wrong. Do you have enough posts to PM me your email? I can send it along while I try to figure out how to make the link work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter