Any tricky CP interview questions?

That's seems a bit high. I was paid quite a bit less than base pay when I was a CP - I got a nearly 70 cent raise when I transitioned from CP to CT.

Those are the current rates from the stcu contract. I was a Vacation Lanne for my Cp and got base rate

Interesting. According to STCU contract, when I started my CP an attraction host's base rate was $7.80. I was paid $7.25. It seems like some roles make base but I suspect most roles do not.

Interesting. According to STCU contract, when I started my CP an attraction host's base rate was $7.80. I was paid $7.25. It seems like some roles make base but I suspect most roles do not.

It all varies by role. Base rates change each year.

Okay, I think I've sent it out to everyone who requested it, but if I accidentally missed anyone, please PM me and let me know!

Would you care to PM the post to me? I don't have enough posts to PM you for it. Thanks!

Hey I don't have enough posts to send you a message so lets see if this works... Take out the spaces but you can reach me at: tiffy twenty 2 at yahoo...thanks!!

Might not be the best place to put this, but I think the questions you ask are the trickiest part. They're expecting well thought out questions.

Ask one about logistics/details (I've always been interested in the utilidors. Could you tell me what you know about ...). That shows you're well read.

Ask about your interviewer's personal experience at Disney. That shows you're friendly and will help your interviewer remember you.

Finally, ask about a couple details of the program. What's the day-to-day for Attractions, something about housing, etc, etc. This shows that you're well researched and that you have seriously considered the program.

Also, get your interviewer's email at the end (say it's for follow-up questions) and email him/her a thank-you.

hey guys! I just finished my web interview and now I made my phone interview for next sunday!! For my top roles I'm going to pick hospitality and concierge... does anyone know any specific questions they would have for either of those? Let me know and good luck to everyone else applying! :cheer2:

My daughter has her phone interview on Sept 18th for the Spring CP. We have gone through and put together a list of questions we have found on this and other threads. I know we missed some, but this should be a pretty good guide and give you an idea of what to expect. She has promised to list any questions she may get that are not on the list and I will update if needed. I hope it helps all you guys and gals land the “dream” internship. Good luck to you all.

Genral Questions
There are the standard questions about rate of pay, full availability, do I have any tattoos, piercings, body modifications, are you eligible to work in the U.S., do you have a valid US driver's license.

Why do you want to do the CP at this point in my life?

How will the college program help you professionally?

Why do you want to work for Disney?

How would you interact with guests - good guest service?

What would you look for in a CP applicant?

Describe a situation where you've had to work with a difficult person, boss or professor.

How open are you to people from diverse backgrounds?

How do you feel about the living component?

How do you stay clam in an emergency situation?

If you were a kitchen utensil, what would you be and why?

What is the favorite job you've ever had (including volunteer work, etc) and why?

What kinds of problems might arise when living with other people?

Do you have any problems with working outdoors in hot or cold climates?

What's your favorite part of your current job? What's the hardest part?

Describe a time you went above and beyond to accomplish a great deal in a small amount of time.

What would you do if you came home and your apartment was a mess?

Name a great guest service experience, received or given?

Do you prefer to work as a team or individually?

If you were doing a task that was repetitive, how would you keep yourself interested in it?

Would you rather work in a slow or fast paced environment?

How well do you think you can handle being given a variety of jobs and deciding for yourself which ones are the most important to complete first?

Have you ever lived on your own or with roommates before?

Do you enjoy variety in the workplace? Or do you prefer the same thing every day?

How do you feel if you are interrupted while doing a task?

Tell me about your past jobs.

Are you more of a leader? Or maybe you just go with the flow?

Do your friends or co-workers look to you for guidance?

Have you ever worked somewhere where you handled money?

If you were becoming overwhelmed with work and knew you were unable to complete the tasks given, what would you do?

Describe an experience where you have had to deal with an irate guest and how you handled the situation.

How do you feel about repeating the same words or hearing the same music day in and day out?

Then we talked about the roles I checked off and my reasoning for selecting each of the roles.

Ride Attendant
If a guest wants to go on Space Mountain but he or she is too short what do you do?

Some rides like Jungle Cruise requires you speak while on the ride. Talk about a situation in which you have talked in front of a large group of people.

A couple with a child is getting in line and you see that the child is too short to ride, what do you do?

Someone really wants to ride Space Mountain, and it's their last day, but it's closed, so what do you tell them?

How comfortable are you memorizing long spiels and delivering them over a microphone?

Why do attractions interest you?

Character/Character Handler
Mickey needs a break and you have to close the line. How would you deal with a guest that is upset?

What would you do if a kid started kicking you?

A guest is looking for a specific character, what do you do.

A child wants to know why Mickey does not talk? How do you answer him or her?

What would you do if a guest was being inappropriate towards a character?

If you were friends with the person playing Pooh, and there was a kid in line who had been waiting for a long time and was getting impatient, what would you do?

What would I do if a child was scared of your character?

What would you tell a guest if the line was closed for the character?

What would you do if someone was being rough with a character?

What do you think is the most important thing to being a Character Attendant?

Do you have any experience in theater, like being a backstage manager? Did you prefer being backstage or a performer? Why?

What does character integrity mean to you?

Hospitality
What would you do if a guest requested a room in this building, with these amenities, and it was absolutely not available?

What do you feel is the main responsibility of working the front desk?

Merchandise
What would you do if someone wanted an item, and the shop was out of it?

What would you do if a guest wanted a specific item that you did not carry anywhere in your park?

What would you do if a guest wanted a size, but the shop didn't have it?

Food and Beverage
What would you do if a guest dropped their ice cream/soda/ect?

How would you greet guests as they come into the restaurant?

Photopass Photographer
Why do you want to work Photopass?

Tell me about your experience with photography.

They also asked about specific model cameras and features.

Vacation Planner
If a guest was to come up to you as a Vacation Planner, what do you think they would expect?

BBB
Do you have any experience working with hair and makeup?

Have you ever worked closely with small children?

What I would do if a child was uncomfortable about getting her/his hair and makeup done?

Main gate operations
If you're at Main Entrance Operations, and the first person to greet our guests, how do you make their day magical?

I just did my interview! It was with Jenny and she was so great! The interview lasted 33 minutes, however I did stumble over some questions a bit, so I hope that didn't hurt too much. There was one question I received that I had not read/heard before, which was if I was comfortable working at certain heights.

I applied on Friday and was given the web-based interview which I took and passed on Saturday. I have my phone interview scheduled for next Wednesday the 18th at 1:00 pm and I'm a ball of nerves already. I'm 22 (23 in November) and this is my last semester in college (I graduate in December) so this is literally my last chance at doing the CP. I had wanted to do it ever since I started college, but for various reasons I was never able to make it work out. I thought it would never happen for me, then I accidentally succumbed to a bad case of "senioritis" and failed two classes (shame on me, I know) so I had to return to school this semester, allowing me to apply and participate for the Spring 2014 program. I know it sounds super cliche, but all of that paired with the fact that literally almost every person I have talked to in the past five months has had some connection with Disney (the speaker at my commencement in May was Meg Crawford, VP of Walt Disney Resorts Florida/Paris and also the sister-in-law of the President of my University who I am on a fist name basis with) lead me to think that there's something positive at work/in store for me. Like it might be meant to be that I would end up at Disney. I'm not trying to get my hopes up or anything, it just seemed weird. Haha. Well I think I've rambled on more than enough. Good luck to everyone who has applied and has their interviews! :D

I applied on Friday and was given the web-based interview which I took and passed on Saturday. I have my phone interview scheduled for next Wednesday the 18th at 1:00 pm and I'm a ball of nerves already. I'm 22 (23 in November) and this is my last semester in college (I graduate in December) so this is literally my last chance at doing the CP.
Not your "last chance" ~ you can take a night class at a community college an still be eligble.

If you selected: Custodial, QSFB, Merchanise, or Attractions with high interest and prep for your interview you'll do well

SUPER EXCITED! Today @ noon is my phone interview. Then my shift at The Disney Store!! I want to say THANK YOU to all the CM's at my TDS, who help me do mock interview BEFORE the real thing!

Hi everyone! I'm new to this website and this thread has been very helpful to prepare me for my interview! My interview is tomorrow morning! Eeek! I'm a big bundle of nerves and very anxious because I've been waiting for the right time to apply! My top roles are attractions, front desk, and main entrance operations. Any last minute tips or advice???

Hi everyone! I'm new to this website and this thread has been very helpful to prepare me for my interview! My interview is tomorrow morning! Eeek! I'm a big bundle of nerves and very anxious because I've been waiting for the right time to apply! My top roles are attractions, front desk, and main entrance operations. Any last minute tips or advice???

Don't forget to smile! I know you're nervous and anxious--I think we all are/were. What matters is that you're prepared and confident, and, most importantly, you love Disney--because that's why we're all here! Good luck!

I'm starting to get super nervous for my phone interview on Thursday. I have been researching tons of different possible questions that they could ask but I'm worried they're going to throw a curve ball and I'm not going to know how to answer it.
What is the strangest question that you were asked during the DCP phone interview???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter