Anybody from NC?

chell said:
I'm in the process of moving from Asheville back to Hickory. Funny how you always end up "back home".

Do you know of any good jobs available down here? It seems tough to find a good one now.

Were you born and raised here? I graduated from South but spent most of my childhood in Catawba Co.

What kind of job are you looking for?? I work for Peoples Bank and we normally have jobs of some sort (some don't pay well though). I graduated from West by the way. I was born in TN actually but have been here so long now that it seems like I've always lived here.

prestonsmomma said:
What kind of job are you looking for?? I work for Peoples Bank and we normally have jobs of some sort (some don't pay well though). I graduated from West by the way. I was born in TN actually but have been here so long now that it seems like I've always lived here.

Looking for anything that pays well and has benefits.

Once I get settled in maybe we can get together for dinner or something. We can have our own mini-meet. :sunny:

Count me in as another Catawba County fella. Grew up in Hickory (St. Stephens High School), went to NC State and stayed in the Raleigh area afterward.

My mom (now retired) was the secretary at Webb A Murray elementary for years and years.

Asheville is where I was born (family moved to Hickory when I was five). Met my wife as we were both summer camp counselors in Arden. Getting ready to celebrate 20 wonderful years together this fall.

Nice to 'meet' y'all

Moving Target in NC

I know where Greenville is (ECU country), did you get any ice/snow today? I was in Raleigh today and it was coming down.

Oh yes, I am familiar with "down east."

My huband is an ECU grad and my BIL and SIL used to live in Washington, NC.

Jill

Live in Greensboro and have driven 5 different times - about 10 1/2 hours of good driving with no major stops and eating fast food. Going April 30th this year and found a direct flight from Raleigh on AA for $135 RT. With the free airport shuttle that Disney offers and the price of gas, we couldn't pass that up. As a matter of fact we'll spend an extra day because of the good airfare. Drive safe that I95 traffic is awful :cool2:

hilltopper72 said:
Live in Greensboro and have driven 5 different times - about 10 1/2 hours of good driving with no major stops and eating fast food. Going April 30th this year and found a direct flight from Raleigh on AA for $135 RT. With the free airport shuttle that Disney offers and the price of gas, we couldn't pass that up. As a matter of fact we'll spend an extra day because of the good airfare. Drive safe that I95 traffic is awful :cool2:

Did you find that price on their website? I would love to get a RT price like that!! If so, we might would fly instead of drive!!

:cool1: Hey neighbor, you got a good deal, we r going in June.

NC State said:
I know where Greenville is (ECU country), did you get any ice/snow today? I was in Raleigh today and it was coming down.

No went didn't get any that day, but weather man says we might get a few snow flakes tomorrow morning. I hope they don't cancel school. that'll just be a day DD might have to make up and we're taking her out when we go to WDW!!

Thanks for the link Michelle.

Yeah, I know where Greenville is. I was there last September.

mickeyluv
I went to ECU and my DS & BIL live in "little" Washington. ( Don't tell the BIL that I called it that) ;)
GO PIRATES!!! pirate:

sajetto said:
I'm originally from the foothills. I was raised till age 12 in Wilkes County then moved to the far western side in the "real" mountains and high altitude in Cherokee County. Then for college I moved to the Eastern side b/c I loved the ocean so that put me in Beaufort county

Davie County is barely the foothills, but almost. We're beside Yadkin County - and then Wilkes is next. The extreme western side is really beautiful - you're right. I love being near the Blue Ridge Parkway. We can get there in about an hour.

PamNC

JillinNC1964 said:
Hey Disney Mom of Three - can we sing, "Its a Small World After All?"

One strategy we've used is leaving WF around 7:00am and driving to and spending the night in St. Augustine, FL. We sleep in the next morning & drive to Orlando in time for a late lunch... then we chill the rest of the day.. maybe go to Downtown Disney.. take a swim.. go to bed early and start out at the parks next day bright and early. This way we've done the bulk of our driving the day before. It works out well for us. We like to drive the whole thing home in one shot though.. once we leave I want to keep going and get to my own bed.

Once we did drive it straight through. left around 5:00am.. and I was so tired the next day that we slept in and pretty much lost our first full day in Disney. I get so excited before the trip I don't sleep at all.

-Jill
Hi Jill. We are doing a two drive this go around and are talking about staying in St. Augustine, FL or Savanah, GA. Can you recommend any places to stay for the night?

I'm in Morrisville for a training class this week so figure I would say hey to all you NC dissers :)

WebmasterAlex said:
I'm in Morrisville for a training class this week so figure I would say hey to all you NC dissers :)

Welcome to NC!!! :welcome:

Too bad your visit with us is during this yucky weather :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter