Anybody used Fanstasmic Package recently?

disneysailor

Mouseketeer
We will be on the Disney Dining Plan and have four "Disney Adults." I've seen conflicting information on whether you can pay part DDP and part OOP for the Fantasmic Package. Has anyone been able to this recently? I would love to hear your results. We have more food/activity (ex. HDDR) than credits planned and will probably need to pay for at least two meals OOP for our H+V Fanstasmic Package. Unfortunately, it is not our last night but our second to last night. The last night is Coral Reef. I would hate to be forced to use all credits at H+V and then pay OOP at Coral Reef as CR is so much more expensive. I also would hate to pay all OOP and end up with 1 or 2 TS credits left over. I realize the rules may change before we go, but if anyone has done this in the passed few weeks, I'd be interested to hear the results. Thanks

We used the Fantasmic package with Mama Melrose's on June 8th. You get a voucher with dinner and go to the reserved area. Let me know if you need more info.

eta: Oh, if you're going to use the Fantasmic package just to get a good seat, you can avoid doing that by arriving about an hour to an hour and a half before the show starts to get a good seat. I was amazed at the amount of people there so early. The package reserves a section, you still have to get there kind of early to get a seat not on the side.

I did Mama Melrose fanstasmic package last week! It was WAY beyond my expectations. Get the steak...it has melted blue cheese. The salad has blue cheese in it... BTW I LOVE BLUE CHEESE!
Great mini pizza appitizer they give you. The bread and dips are out of this world!

As for paying out of pocket. Pay for the cheapest dinner you get for the week.
You just need to figgure out which that is! It may be the fantasmic package since it is well priced. If you are doing a TS breakfast pay for that outof pocket instead.

I'm glad you all enjoyed the package! I have read some posts though saying that people weren't allowed to pay partially out of pocket for the Fantasmic package and some saying that they were. :confused3 Has anyone been able to pay part DDP credits and part OOP recently for the Fantasmic package? Thanks

I don't know but when we ate there with the Fantasmic Package last December BUT not on the dining plan, I wanted to order a meal for all of us except my very picky, light eating 6 year old and just have her share with her 9 year old sister and the waitress told me everyone had to order a meal when you book the Fantasmic package meal.

I know it's not exactly what you asked but thought I'd share this experience as it somewhat similar and may help those who like to share.

Hopefully, someone can answer your question though!

I wonder if you can if you tell the server its because you dont have enough credits :confused3

I'd be prepared to pay all or none on the DP - for the Fantasmic pkg. At buffets we always use DP or all pay oop - for some of the fancier TS meals, dd would rather have french fries, so we'll get her a CS meal when she's hungry and for our 7pm ressies, she may just get a drink oop!

again, its not an answer, but just more information on how we used the plan.

babywewe said:
I did Mama Melrose fanstasmic package last week! It was WAY beyond my expectations. Get the steak...it has melted blue cheese. The salad has blue cheese in it... BTW I LOVE BLUE CHEESE!
Great mini pizza appitizer they give you. The bread and dips are out of this world!

QUESTION: What time was the Fantasmic show? What ADR time should I request at Mama Melrose for dinner? :confused3

Ideally, I'd like to walk out of the restaurant and straight to the show 30-45 min. ahead to get a good seat.

LSUmom4kids said:
QUESTION: What time was the Fantasmic show? What ADR time should I request at Mama Melrose for dinner? :confused3

Ideally, I'd like to walk out of the restaurant and straight to the show 30-45 min. ahead to get a good seat.

The CM at 407-wdw-dine will tell you the latest time that you can get ADR for Mama Melrose's....Do not be alarmed....It might be earlier than you expect! The reason given to me was that MM was so far back in the park and the entrance that you need to use for Fantasmic is up by the front.

It's a really nice way to do Fantasmic!

Have a Magical Trip!

LSUmom4kids said:

Our ADR was for 6:30pm. Our waitress was really slow, so we actually were in Mama Melrose's longer than any other restaurant we ate in. I think we got out around 8pm. We headed straight for Fantasmic that started at 9pm and we had side seats. Now, I don't know where the divider line for the general public and the Fantasmic seats was, but we were in the last set of bleachers to the side. The seats were still good though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter