Anybody visited Disney's Hilton Head Resort?

100AcreWood

DIS Veteran
We're thinking about planning a vacation there around April/May. I've never visited Hilton Head before and I'm wondering if the Disney Resort is worth it. And what makes it Disney? Is it decorated, do they have characters?

Any tips are greatly appreciated!

We did not stay at Disney Hilton Head, but did see the outside of it when we stayed on Hilton Head. The drawback that I would see is that the accomodations are not on the beach, but in a different area. Disney has a beach house on the beach exclusively for their guests only, but you aren't able to walk from your room right out onto the beach area. You would either have to take a shuttle (if they offer it) from the hotel or drive the beach house.

Not much help, but in my opinion, that would be a huge issue as we are such beach/water lovers.

Good luck.

We love DHHIR!!! There aren't characters like Mickey onsite there, though you'll find little touches of him in places, but it is still a great place to visit. The resort mascot is a real golden retriever named Shadow. B'Lou Crabbe is a CM who does everything from puppet shows, magic shows, and hosts a pirate treasure hunt. It is different than visiting WDW, but awesome in it's own right.

The CMs there are the BEST! They have fun and educational activities all day long. The campfires at night are lots of fun too.

The property itself is located by the marsh not the beach, but it is gorgeous with old oaks and spanish moss. We had a blast riding bikes around there.

There is a beach house that has it's own pool and beach. The beach house has a fast food type restaurant, a nice indoor area for games or relaxation and changing facilities. You can take the shuttle there or ride your bike.

I'd post this same question on the DVC board here at the DIS and you'll get a lot more responses. PM me if you'd like to see some pictures I made of the resort. Have fun researching! :)

Thanks, I'll post on the DVC board. I sounds like there may be other options I should look into as well. I'm also a beach person (lived in Wilmington for 4 years). So I would like to be on the beach if possible depending on the expense. Did you make a reservation or buy points from a DVC member?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter