Anyone at DVC now, or has been in the past few weeks-??

We are at SSR and we have the triple sheets on lieu if a comforter, though this may be a god send given that the AC is on a motion sensor so it doesn't run all night. I have to get up every couple of hours and walk out of the bedroom into the living room to activate the sensor to have the AC come on. Otherwise the suite winds up being 75 which is too warm for us. It's a bit annoying.

We were at BWV two weeks ago and the 2BR lock-off had the new arrangement. It appears that at each resort there are rooms that have been changed to the new system and rooms that still have old one with the bedspread, but according to the announcement made a few months ago, all will eventiully have the new system.

I have stayed in plenty of hotel rooms that use this "heavy sheet" for the top sheet of the triple sheeting system. Plenty of times I have inspected closely and thought the top layer had NOT been changed between guests. I don't see a significant difference between a "heavy sheet" that's not changed between EVERY guest and a spread. How do we KNOW they change it every time? Has anyone seen the baskets with the new bedding in at checkout? Were the heavy sheets in those baskets?

I have stayed in plenty of hotel rooms that use this "heavy sheet" for the top sheet of the triple sheeting system. Plenty of times I have inspected closely and thought the top layer had NOT been changed between guests. I don't see a significant difference between a "heavy sheet" that's not changed between EVERY guest and a spread. How do we KNOW they change it every time? Has anyone seen the baskets with the new bedding in at checkout? Were the heavy sheets in those baskets?

I guess we don't know for sure that they are getting changed between guests. I assumed that that was the purpose of going to this new sheeting setup, but then again that assumption could be totally incorrect! I felt like it was a more sanitary setup, but that feeling could be totally wrong in reality:eek:

I guess we don't know for sure that they are getting changed between guests. I assumed that that was the purpose of going to this new sheeting setup, but then again that assumption could be totally incorrect! I felt like it was a more sanitary setup, but that feeling could be totally wrong in reality:eek:

I'd like to know this as well. Maybe someone who is currently staying at a DVC can take a peek into mousekeeping's dirty laundry carts.

I . Plenty of times I have inspected closely and thought the top layer had NOT been changed between guests.

Has anyone seen the baskets with the new bedding in at checkout? Were the heavy sheets in those baskets?

Now that's disturbing! And as far as southern resorts not needing duvets etc., I like a cold A/C, ceiling fan and a blanket! This past week in central Florida, woke up to 46, might not be an issue for northerner's but I don't know if the triple sheeting is going to cut it, it can get quite cold in Orlando January and February!

And I doubt they wash and replace the blankets any more than the old spreads!

I was out at DL 2 weeks ago, the 1 bedroom at VGC had a bedspread.

We moved to Paradise Pier, they had the triple sheeting with the runner. The blanket was pretty heavy, I wasn't cold.

When we were at VGC in October they had the bedspreads, but also had the triple sheeting system as well.

We stayed at AoA in November and they had the triple sheeting. The top sheet had a white on white design of bubbles. So it looks like the cash resorts are converting too.

While at BLT in mid November we still had the comforter, but it was between two sheets--no duvet cover and no blue blanket.

I am at BCV, and this morning in the hall were many baskets outside the rooms. And each basket had a clean "heavy sheet," and I also saw many blankets. :thumbsup2

DVC is going to triple sheeting which is apparently a industry norm now.

Much more hygienic. Fresh bedding for each new guest :laundy: vs. bedspreads and blankets that do not get changed/washed between each guest. Yucky when you really think about it :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter