Anyone been on Snow White since they changed it?

Trisa

Earning My Ears
I read that they took the word scary out of the ride.
Think my 21 month old could ride this now? It used to be pretty scary.

When we were there in November it was still Snow White's Scary Adventures and the witch still played a prominent role. I'm not aware if they have changed it since or not.

we just got back with a 2 & 3 yo
on snow white my 2 yo son kept his eyes covered most of the time.
didn't realize how much of an impact it had until we got home and the day care teacher told us all he would tell them about florida was about the witch (we were there 10 days and did a lot!)
just an fyi

Gee I wonder why I read then that they changed it? If not Im not taking her on it. I think its worse than the HM ride! :eek:

Years ago they changed the name from "Snow White's Adventures" to "Snow White's Scary Adventures." Maybe that's what you are remembering.

No I jus read it the other day. Humm very weird.. Oh well Its not a big deal to miss that one anyway. I dont want it to scare her so she is afraid to ride other dark rides. I am going to do the flashlight idea I got off this board for dark rides. Great idea!!
Thats why this site is sooo great!! :Pinkbounc

DH and I rode it in January. It was no different than when we rode it in March of 2002. In fact, it was no different than the first time we rode it many years ago.

My 4YO DD still refuses to ride it after I took her on it without knowing that it would be scary for her. You may want to refrain from this one.

:jester:
My wife went on ride first to see what it was like. We took our 3 1/2 year old on it and he was not scared by the ride - his eyes were wide open but he was not afraid of the ride. He had seen the witch first out at the Cinderella's Castle show - not sure if helped or not. We used this ride as a gauge for some of the other rides he did later with us such as the Haunted Mansion.

My kids (4 and 3 at the time) were afraid of the Pooh ride which isn't scary, but dark. I think we'll avoid this one and stick with Small Wold. They were also scard at Tiki room with the thunder...

What exactly is so scary in the Snow White ride. Is it the darkness. Does the witch jump out at you, or touch you? TIA

The Witch does not touch you (nor jump out at you) but the ride is fairly dark and the emphasis is on the witch at the start so some kids have trouble with that (understandbly so)

Thanks
Jason:jester:

I think they ought to change the name to Snow White's Stupid Adventure. I my honest opinion, they have sucked all the fun out of the story. If ever a ride needed an overhaul, it is that one. Why can't they model it after Pooh, and focus on happy thoughts? It does not scare my little ones, but they just don't think it is fun. When we were there last time, they couldn't give the ride away - no one was in line! Pretty sad...

I'll second gravymom, it could be so cute with the seven dwarves and Hi-Ho music, going thru the mine with the rubies and jewles and all the cute forest animals, just whistle while you work. We have not taken our sensitive little guy on that. He did go on HM, it was scary(to him) but he did had seen it on one of the sing a long videos and wanted to do it.

I wasn't aware that Snow White's Scary Adventure was changed, but I was just there this month and it is still "scary". Before going on I told my youngest sister (6 years old) that the "scary" witch is going to be there, but not to worry because they all live happily ever after and it's all just for show. But I agree that it's not exactly a fun-filled story/ride.

Actually, they did change the ride a bit maybe about 8 years ago if I remember correctly to make it less "scary." It seems that the witch does not jump out at you so much now, but she is still there!!!
I think what makes it scary for kids is the sudden turns in the dark and the jerky motion of the ride, add to that scenes of that darn witch you have a pretty scary ride for little ones. Its just like those old spook house rides they have at carnivals and older parks where you ride in the dark in a little car and the car stops and spins and you pass through doors while looking at scenes from the movie.
This ride really bugs me because Snow White could have such a nice ride like Pooh or Peter Pan which are also "dark" rides but leave out the bad stuff. I mean the ride is in Fantasy land which is really all the small kid friendly rides. I know the witch is a big part of the story, but I still think the ride could use an overhaul.

In the old ride the witch always seemed to be jumping out at you when your car turned a corner. I'm not a big chicken,but I hate those rides when you are startled all the time.

My ds (who was 3 1/2 at the time) was soooo frightened by the Snow White ride!!! It was the witch cackling and the "dark evilness" of the whole setting that freaked him out. He was so affected by it that the rest of the first day, he was sooooo resistant to going into anything dark! We took him into the Lion King Theatre and he so didn't want to go b/c it was dark. Fortunately, once he saw what it was about, he relaxed.

I thought I ruined our whole trip by taking him on that stinking Snow White ride first!!!!

He's now 6 1/2 and remembers that stupid ride and how frightened he was! We're going in June and he said he isn't going on that ride! I'd love to take him on Haunted Mansion, but I think that would frighten him a bit.

You know its funny, my daughter (5 at the time) was not scared at all on the Haunted Mansion ride while she was freaked out on Snow White! For her it had to do with the sudden turns and "suprise" factor in Snow White while HM was more of a smooth ride along where you pass the ghosts and scary things but they don't seem to be "in your face" as much as on Snow White! Boy, doesn't that sound funny! A nice story like SW turned into the scariest ride at WDW!!!

I've always wondered why it's even got "Snow White" in the title of the ride, because the witch is definitely the main character. I just rode this early in March, and it's the same as it's been for a long time.

IMHO, this is one of Disney's poorer products. I'm also kind of surprised that Disney hasn't significantly changed the ride to something "lighter" since there seem to be so many complaints about it. On the other hand, there's another thread on the Theme Parks board where a number of people say they love the Snow White ride. Go figure... :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter