Anyone been to Moonlight Magic at waterparks before?

magickingdomprincess

DIS Veteran
We'll be at WDW in June when there is a Moonlight Magic even scheduled at Typhoon Lagoon. I'm planning on signing up next week, but just curious if anyone has experience with going to a MM event at a water park? Any guesses as to what time the event will actually take place? Are dinner/snacks usually served? It is actually DD's 5th birthday that day and we're planning on going to Legoland during the day, and I was thinking this would be a fun activity at night since we've never taken the little ones to a Disney waterpark before, but just don't know much about what to expect. Thanks!

We went last summer and it was lots of fun! I believe the event itself was from 9pm to midnight. Busses were available and I think they started coming around 8 or so. No dinner but chips and ice cream bars. My 6 yr old granddaughter had a blast! We were surprised at just how many people were there. We would definitely do it again.

I’ve been to two. One time I was concerned about the weather, but by the end of the night, there were stars. Both times we were surprised at how many were in attendance. They were crowded, but still lots of fun. We are not at WDW for any this year.

We went year before last and had a lot of fun-we set up near the wave pool and there was a dj playing music, organizing games. There was a place set up with cookies, chips, ice cream bars, drinks.
I would get there as soon as you can get in because the family rides develop lines. We never had trouble getting tubes for lazy river.

Been to both at Typhoon Lagoon and plan on going again this year. Enjoyed it both times. Crowds are manageable. We always choose to go all the way to the back. Lines for food and drinks are definitely not as long as the ones up front.

Thanks for the feedback! It sounds like a lot of fun! Especially with the dj and free snacks! Definitely sounds like we should try to get there early, I doubt we'll make it to midnight, especially because we have BBB at 9:30 the next day. I'm excited for the family raft ride! I think I went on it several years ago when DS19 was little. I' sure my little ones will have a blast! I ope the weather coopwrates!

We go every year and will be at the May 30th. Got my reservations today for it. Never had any issues. Lines are almost walk on except for the new ride and the water coaster. Food was ice cream, potato chips, cookies, juice and water. They had one bar open and one walk up food line to order for. Gift shop was open and had exclusive merchandise. Great Times!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter