• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone cruising June 5, 2004?

I think formal night is Monday and semiformal is Thursday.

jneaves 45, I know they have video games for the older kids but my dds arent sure which ones cause they dont play, sorry I cant help you with that one.

Kathuss, we used to live in Indiana, sort of north central area. My girls will be going to the clubs the first night for sure but I think my dd7 will be going to the lab instead because she will be like a week shy of her 8th bday. She has done the club a couple of times and LOVED it. Your dd will have a great time.

I don't think they have any xbox or playstation in the staterooms. My teenage daughter would have loved that.. so I think I would remember that detail from our last cruise. They may have it in the area just for teens. I'd love to know if they do as well... then you would know if you should pack some games to play with others :tongue:

I thought the formal night was Thursday. PIL's renewing thier wedding vows after 50 years... and I thought it was the same night? :wave2:

my oldest wants to pack a x-box and bring to play in the room, but i don't want him staying in the room, when he could be out doing other things. he can do that at home. he wants to bring some games to play on board if the ship has them available

Jeanne, too bad that your dd will be with the older kids. My dd7 won't be 8 until August so I don't think they will let her go to the lab yet. Ah well.

We leave in east central Indiana. We are flying out of Indy on the morning of the cruise so are staying at a hotel overnight as our plane leaves at 7am! Ugh.

I tried on the shirt I got from the Disney Store and I am upset. I went by their size charts and it is too small! I have to see if I can return this one and get a new one before the cruise!

Sooooooooon

Kat

:Pinkbounc princess: :sunny:

I found a thread in the regular portion of the board about formal and semi-formal nights. Here is what I found on posted Navigators:

The Platinum Castaway Club site (********************** which is not a Disney site) has copies of recent Navigator's. On the April 24, 2004 Western cruise formal night was Monday and semi-formal was Thursday.

On the most recent Eastern Navigator they had (February 21, 2004) it shows formal night on Sunday and semi-formal on Thursday.

It appears that the formal nights are always on at sea days which makes sense because you don't have to rush to get back to the ship for early seating, you can go to the spa or salon, etc.

Hope that help!

Kat

That does help--I had left my navigators at home and I think I got mixed up in some Eastern vs Western formal and semi-formal nights discussions.

jneaves: I thought I read somewhere in the Teen Navigators from April '04 that there is a Playstation 2 tournie of some type. But, I don't know if they have those in Common Grounds or not.
I bet you could start a thread out there on the main boards and find out in a jiffy.

Thanks for the info on the Sam's snorkel stuff. We had read that you could snorkel at CC for free if you have your snorkel gear. Free sounds awful good to us. ::yes:: Plus, we can buy them to keep (play in pools) for as much to rent on CC. Didn't do last time on cruise. (4dayWonder)

We try to cut costs where we can...these trips add up awful fast. :earseek:

Do any of you know where Tortuga is? It's mentioned in Pirates of the Caribbean movie (own it and love it). I think it was an old island either on/by Grand Cayman or Cozumel. Just curious if any of you know anything about it. Haven't researched much.

We're down to the wire...have to have my evening gown taken up still (lost some pounds after wearing it last), guess it's better than the alternative. :p

V-

If I am reading my maps correctly Tortuga is just off the coast of Haiti, almost due east of Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

I love the Pirates of the Caribbean too. I cannot wait for the sequel, just hope it is as good as the original. Great story, brilliant casting....

Kat

Jneaves45, maybe he could bring it and hook it up in the teen room... that way, he might make some new friends and have some game competitions... you never know..... we might encounter a rainy day and it might be fun. Can't hurt to bring it along, just in case... it wouldn't take up to much space in the luggage..... :crazy:

ok. oldest teen is bringing games and system with him. where and when is this group meeting again.

Seems this thread has been asleep lately. Let me guess, if your life is anything like mine it is packed with kid sports, cookouts, campouts, end of school activities galore, etc.
I looked at the calender and I don't think there is one free night between here and the cruise. But I guess that beats sitting around in anticipation.
I'm so looking forward to meeting all of you and getting a chance to relax with my children for a week.
YAHOO! We're almost there.:sunny:

Major scare here!!!!!!!!

DD's employer wouldn't let her for the week, (glad I bought insurance!!) so I had to find someone to take her spot. If she didn't go we would have had to put DS in our room (our room only sleeps 3) and we would have had to tell grand-daughter (age 5) that she couldn't go. That was unacceptable!! So we put the word out to our family, a free 7 night cruise for them. Our nephew (age 19) decided to go. Called DVC and it cost me $75 to change the name and $35 to re-print the docs. He got his plane tickets. New docs came today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big big worry taken care of, we had to re-shuffle people in our cabins cause he is under age. But we were told we could sleep in whichever cabin we want when we get there.

Tux's are ordered, excursions booked, last mnute shopping done, can I relax now???

Getting super excited now!!

Sherry

No, no relaxing yet! I have started to pack in earnest but still have things that won't get packed until close to the end as I don't want them too wrinkled. And new suit for DH hasn't come in yet either. DD7 has one more day of school left and she is geting very excited but we have a camping trip this weekend to make it through first! I still have little things to do (making sure meds are stocked, last minute errands, etc) and after today 6 1/2 days of work to make it through as well! Ugh.

Soon, though!!!

Kat

There is a gathering on deck 10 after the safety drill on Saturday (before the sailaway party). Look for Sherry in her blue power chair (page 7 of this thread has more info). I believe Monday at 2pm in the Deck 3 Promenade Lounge was the "official" meeting time.

Kat

I can't believe it's less than a week away!:Pinkbounc
Is anyone as paranoid as me? After all this planning and being on this board, I just think something is going to happen and we're not going to be able to go. DS fell HARD during a soccer game and in my selfish brain I thought, "Uh oh, he's going to need a cast. How will we ride the banana boats?" Don't I sound like a great mom?
Can't wait to meet all of you after the safety drill. Remember, we'll have on Red(DS), White(DD), and Blue(me) Disney shirts. Look for us and we'll look for Sherry.
Ann
:wave:

Hi guys!!

OK, getting closer,,some packing started today

I will be on deck 10 at sailaway. I have long blonde hair and glasses. I will be riding on a blue Jazzy power chair. In the terminal I will be in the priorty boarding are, they let us in chairs to pre-board with all the shi-shi poopoo (kidding) suite people, so come on up and say hi!!

I watched the Magic last week and thought next time it will have us on board!

Is anyone coming a day ahead? We will be at the Radisson.

Sherry

I know what you mean, Ann! A week from now we will be on Key West!!! I am sooooo excited. DD got a post card from Mickey and the Gang (aka Verandah Man!) on Friday and was sooooo excited.

I will be wearing a white shirt with the pink Tropical Minnie and will also look for everyone after the boat drill.

I started packing but I think I am going to unpack everything and repack to make sure I know exactly what I do and don't have!

See you all soon!!!!

Kat

I'm just praying I won't forget anything and have time to pack. Found out DS made "all-stars" for baseball. Yeah, but now we have a game Friday night (the night) before we leave! :earseek:

DH doesn't see this as an issue. He's the calm, sports-driven male. Gotta love him...:rolleyes:

Has anyone weighed their suitcase?

I'm nervous w/all of our stuff, what we will weigh in @. Our airline (USAir) only allows 50 lbs. per suitcase and 2 per person w/one carry-on. That doesn't sound like a lot of weight allowance, I understand it, but I've got snorkel gear in mine too!
:teeth:

Airlines should have to be more lenient w/us 7-day travelers than 4 others traveling shorter vac.'s. :tongue: (Even if we do cost them more in gas.)

Everyone's sooo excited in my household as I'm sure in all of yours.

I just pray we're not so worn out that we want to sleep thru it! :faint: (not a chance)

Can't wait to meet all of you!

V- (Veolette)

I haven't finished packing so no, I haven't weighed my suitcases. I did move them and I know they weigh less than my daughter so I am not worried. The smaller one is the heavier of the two and I can lift it easily so I should be ok. I expect the weight limits are to protect the employees from injuries due to heavy lifting! With three of us we would be allowed 6 total suitcases plus carry-ons so we could manage that if we had to but I'd hate to carry that many suitcases!! I think we can get away with two suitcases and one carry-on each (DH has his laptop in a carry on and DD will have books, stuffed animals, toys, etc).

4 days from right now I will be on deck!!!!!

Kat

We're all most there guys!
Can you believe it?
I think I will just about finish packing by tomorrow. I'm working Thursday. We're flying down Friday afternoon. Is anyone else staying at the Hyatt?
Just got my eyelashes tinted and my toes colored!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter