Anyone done the autotrain with a baby?

CherylA

DIS Veteran
Ours will be 6months. We are planning on getting a standard room. Any thoughts on this? I would put her in the bottom bed with me and DH would take the top. During the day I would bring some kind of basinett or seat to put on the floor for her. Is there room for this? Any other things I should think about? I figue I'd ratehr be on a train for 18 hours than in the car with a baby, atleast we can get up and walk around!

The standard room on the autotrain is VERY small - two seats facing each other that turn into the bottom bed. We did it with our oldest son when he was 3 so he was able to sit with us. We usually get a family room now because there are 4 of us and we need the extra room.

We did the auto train about a year or so ago, my daughter was about 2 month and is now 28 months. We had a family (i think) which was enough room. b/c we also had our 7 y/o now 9. We did not find walking around to be an easy thing so this was kept at a minimum. We enjoyed the train, but we fly or drive (breaking the driving in to a 2 day thing) staying at a hotel using priceline is a steal. Nevertheless enjoy.

If you can, get one of the deluxe rooms - a little more space PLUS your own private bathroom (the family room doesn't have this) which is even better for travelling with a little one.
As far as the train vs driving - ABSOLUTLY without question, if you can do it, do it! If your DH is like me, the 1st day is pretty much shot after a trip like that, it is comparable in price to airline tickets, you don't have to rent a car in FL, and it gets you to DW at a decent time.
Here's a tip - They charge extra for mini vans & SUVs BUT, these are usually the 1st to be unloaded in Sanford!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter