Anyone done the Jungle mini-speedboats in Key West

musical_gator

Earning My Ears
Hi. We are getting ready - June 7 on the Western is right around the corner. My wife and DD (age 6) are looking for some family fun in Key West and saw some information for the Jungle Tour http://www.jungletour.com/. Wanted to know if anyone knew anything about this tour.

Happy Cruising!

Never have been on the Key West one, but did a tour like this in Cancun that was a blast! I didn't see a cost listed anywhere... any info on that?

I went to the web site to see if I could make out where this is suppose to take place - it has to be off Stock Island and going around Cow Key - there are mangroves, but if you expect something unusual - unless something has grown that I didn't know about - how about if I check it out while I am in Key West next month - as I told someone - I was born there 68 years ago, I grew up in Key West - and somehow ghost houses have appeared from somewhere, kayaking around something I didn't know existed etc - those that are in Key West are convincing many that they are true 'conchs" - if there was a dying breed in and around Key West are the 2 legged conchs - anyhow let me check on it and I will be back with ya all later ok?
Take care and have a great sunday.
Always
Shirley

I called them and it seems pretty reasonable (compared to some of the rates of the Disney Excursion). Here is what I know

$69 / adult
$35 / child

3 people can actually ride in the boat if the child is young (I believe under 12)

It's a 2 1/2 hour tour with about 45 minutes including for swimming, snorkeling, etc. They have departures at 9, 12, & 3. Based on the time the ships gets in to port, it seems like the 3 is the only option.

You also have about a $10 cab ride to Seahorse Marina where it departs.

Anybody wanna join us for this activity on the June 7 Western???

The mangoves were a very small part of the tour. I think DCL has an excursion that does a canoe tour in the mangroves because we passed up a group of people. They looked like they would have loved to switch places with us..lol

My daughters (10 & 8) loved it!! I highly recommend it ~ if you have any specific questions p.m. me.

Hi Kajunswty. I was just curious as to whether or not my son, who will be 10 on our next cruise, could steer the boat as long as I was sitting next to him?

I think it would be okay ~ the boats are not allowed to ride next to each other so as long as he doesn't run into the back of the person in front of him...lol you'll be fine :)

We definitely want to do this! I went to their website and printed out their coupon. We'll see you there. (I hope you don't have to look like the blonde on the coupon.)

I was all set to go until you said that about the cab ride. I'm paranoid about putting my DD in any cab without her carseat. She will be 4 1/2 years old, but only 35 pounds.

Any ideas? I could put the carseat in the cab. I'll have it with me from the airplane and car rental to port.

Is it a big deal to put the seat in the cab and leave it at the rental place.

I *know* she and my DS8 will LOVE this. And, my DH, too. :D

buckaroo's dad ~ you are very welcome

cruzin1st ~ I was surprised (my DH was too!) to see that she works there. she was the one giving us intructions ~ she had my DH's full attention...lol

readyfordisney2003 ~ I don't see why the rental place would have a problem with you leaving it there. It is a open room that reminded me of a pool hall. They sold beer/soft drinks and some snacks. Don't get the drinks before!! My girls could hardly wait to get back and use the restroom.

Oh, and there were lockers too if anyone is interested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter