Anyone done the rehitching lately at Garden Grill

simba2

DIS Veteran
When I called and made my PS, the CM didn't know what I was talking about. I asked her just to add the request to the PS. Has anyone done it lately? I'm hoping to surprise DH on our vacation.

we did it a year ago, but the CMs are usually clueless on this. not really sure why since it is so popular. just be sure to mention it to the hostess when you check in. have a great time. :tongue: not much longer now

I am planning on doing this when we go. I hope they do it still. I have to call and tell them about the rehitching. I did not tell them when I made my PS.

What in the world is "rehitching"? I have eaten at Garden Grill several times and never heard of this.

I just added this to a previously made PS for lunch. I have heard that many CMs do not know about this, but mine did and also advised me to call the restaurant directly when I got to WDW to make sure. (??) I had never heard of this before, but dutifully took down the phone number.

I think my children will get a hoot out of this, but I am sure my DH will be mortified!!!

I'm sure my DH will be embarrased, too. The day will start out with me giving him a Tshirt I ordered from the Disney catalog -- personalized with our names and stating it is our anniversary and we are spending it at WDW! I got the idea from someone else on the boards a while back.

We got rehitched last month. I had asked for it when the ps was made. Then, when we checked in at the podium, I told the CM that we were getting rehitched and that it was a surprise for my dh. It was cute and my dd got a huge kick out of it!! Dh was completely mortified.

I like the way you girls think! I am going to request a rehitching to surprise (and embarrass) my DH too! Thanks for the idea!

We got rehitched on our honeymoon in July. We didn't ask for it. We had our bride and groom ears on, so they knew it was our honeymoon and surprised us with it. It was a lot of fun!

The rehitching ceremony at the Garden Grill is a hoot! Of course, if you do it as a surprise for your spouse, it's even better. They might be embarassed for a few seconds, but it is loads of fun and makes for a great WDW memory.

Preparation: Make a PS for the restaurant and ask the CM to note "rehitching ceremony" on the PS. They will most likely not know what you are talking about -- that's ok. Politely ask them to just add this note to your PS, because the CMs at the Garden Grill know all about this.

Note: They do the ceremony at the Ice Cream Social, but you'll miss out on the cake. :(

When you arrive: tell the CM who checks you in that you want to do the rehitching ceremony. Make sure this is written on your card, so your server sees it. If it's a secret from your spouse, try to get them to sit down first before you check-in.

The ceremony: Sometimes the server will get the characters involved and/or other servers. This depends on the time and availability. If you do this during a heavy meal period, it's harder to get others involved.

The server will announce to everyone within earshot that they were not invited to your wedding, so you must do it over (or something to that effect). You will be asked to stand, side by side, holding hands. Your server will ask if you take your spouse again and you say "I do." Your spouse does the same.

Now for the fun! You kiss to the count of 100!!!

OK -- they "cheat" a little -- everyone counts and claps from 1 to 10 by 1's, then 10 to 100 by 10's.

If it is a meal, the server will usually bring a certificate and a cake (the cake serves several people easily).

Be sure to bring a camera to catch the special moment! And have fun!!

This sounds awesome. For part of our trip in Oct my dad and his wife will be with us. He is terminal and wanted to make this vacation with our family so they can enjoy their grankids in Disney and etc. we will also be there a couple of days before their anniversary. We decided yetserday to eat at Garden grill. I will be noting the rehitching ceremony when we make ps. This would be so special!!

Thanks for a great idea!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter