Anyone else been victimized by Donald at Artist Point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if they do read these boards maybe they will see the one about the elimination of resort package delivery. Most everyone agreed that Disney should reinstated that perk.

The next time I'm at WDW I will ask cast members if the name on their name tag is their real name or a character name.

Or not.
As a former WDW manager (among other things!) most Disney employees are required to wear their own name tag with their real name or nickname on them. If a CM loses their name tag, they can sign one out from a manager or a coordinator until they receive a new one. We used to track who had what name tag. And yes, if they continue to not have their actual name tag, it could result in disciplinary action. @Jennasis is correct, the only place CM’s may not use their own name is at the call center. No two CM’s there can have the same name, this is for accountability, that way if a guest says they spoke to “Charlie” , there is only one Charlie, easy to identify. If their real name is not taken and they want to use it, they can. Otherwise, they are shown a list of names and they can choose. Regular park or resort CM’s use their real names or genuine nicknames. They can’t just make something up and change every day.

When my DD was a CM she forgot her name tag one day and then she became Chris from Orlando. If you see that on a CM you know they forgot their name tag. LOL

Well, if they do read these boards maybe they will see the one about the elimination of resort package delivery. Most everyone agreed that Disney should reinstated that perk.

The next time I'm at WDW I will ask cast members if the name on their name tag is their real name or a character name.

Or not.

Go ahead and ask them if it's their real name. I bet it will rank right up there with the "do you work here?" questions they get while they're dressed in a land themed costume.

And still, it doesn't change the fact that criticizing servers online by using their names is crossing the line. Unless they did something intentionally malicious. Then maybe. But they were slow, you didn't like their personality, forgot your drinks, messed up something? Talk to the manager or the company. Not the internet.

Go ahead and ask them if it's their real name. I bet it will rank right up there with the "do you work here?" questions they get while they're dressed in a land themed costume.

And still, it doesn't change the fact that criticizing servers online by using their names is crossing the line. Unless they did something intentionally malicious. Then maybe. But they were slow, you didn't like their personality, forgot your drinks, messed up something? Talk to the manager or the company. Not the internet.

Thanks, I will.

When my DD was a CM she forgot her name tag one day and then she became Chris from Orlando. If you see that on a CM you know they forgot their name tag. LOL
Or Taylor! That was a popular one back in my time! Can be a male or female name.

I really don't understand why it's crossing a line. They are recounting an experience they had. Who cares if they use their first name? They aren't posting any other identifying information. It's not like they posted the server's address or anything personal. I genuinely don't see the big deal about it.

I really don't understand why it's crossing a line. They are recounting an experience they had. Who cares if they use their first name? They aren't posting any other identifying information. It's not like they posted the server's address or anything personal. I genuinely don't see the big deal about it.
I agree. Had she posted about Donald Duckman from Anaheim, CA who was working the 4-9 pm shift on November 1st— that would be too much.

I don’t think mentioning an interaction that the OP and her family all felt was bad service (including the family members who hadn’t been there before) is wrong, even when mentioning the servers name.

OP, please do send an email regarding your service. You can absolutely mention that you are not looking to get anyone in to any real trouble… but that you feel he could use some additional training. Mention the specifics. You can even say that it was a memorable event. 🙃😂

Consider this:
  • A lot of people wouldn’t be nice about it and could lodge a complaint that does end up getting him in trouble.
  • He could yell at the wrong guest— someone with PTSD, an adult or child with sensory processing disorder, or someone with anxiety issues. Don’s poor people skills could mean a bad experience that ends the rest of their day, or cause other issues for the guest of their family.
  • Donny’s poor service is likely causing him to receive lower gratuities… and in most restaurants gratuities are pooled and shared with the other waitstaff and related positions (bussers, bar staff, hostesses, etc). All of *those* employees are taking home less money because of him.

As a former WDW manager (among other things!) most Disney employees are required to wear their own name tag with their real name or nickname on them. If a CM loses their name tag, they can sign one out from a manager or a coordinator until they receive a new one. We used to track who had what name tag. And yes, if they continue to not have their actual name tag, it could result in disciplinary action. @Jennasis is correct, the only place CM’s may not use their own name is at the call center. No two CM’s there can have the same name, this is for accountability, that way if a guest says they spoke to “Charlie” , there is only one Charlie, easy to identify. If their real name is not taken and they want to use it, they can. Otherwise, they are shown a list of names and they can choose. Regular park or resort CM’s use their real names or genuine nicknames. They can’t just make something up and change every day.
Maybe it is just me, but this is just weird to me.

Maybe it is just me, but this is just weird to me.
What do you mean? If you mean the call center, it can also be helpful for guests. If they call and speak to someone and then call back and mention they spoke to "Joe" and they were told something by that person, it is easy to follow up because there is only one Joe. Even if there are 25 employees named Joe. There are Disney names they can choose, too. I've spoken to a Belle and Ariel!

What do you mean? If you mean the call center, it can also be helpful for guests. If they call and speak to someone and then call back and mention they spoke to "Joe" and they were told something by that person, it is easy to follow up because there is only one Joe. Even if there are 25 employees named Joe. There are Disney names they can choose, too. I've spoken to a Belle and Ariel!
Still just weird to me. I'm capable of grasping the concept, but it seems more important in the parks than the call center.

Still just weird to me. I'm capable of grasping the concept, but it seems more important in the parks than the call center.
Maybe! I guess because with the CM's at the call center you don't see a name tag or what they look like. In the parks you can at least describe how a person looks in addition to the name. But I get it! :-)

We (4 adults) ate at Artist Point last night and Donald was our server. We had a great time! Yes, he’s over the top, but it was refreshing to have a server who was so enthusiastic about his job. He really wanted to be sure we had a good time - made sure we knew where to watch for the little show, that we got to meet the evil queen, etc. Did he put a drink or two in front of the wrong person? Yes he did, but big deal. Did he repeat some things multiple times? Sure, but who cares. We got everything we ordered and had a great meal. We also watched him interact with the kids at the table next to us, and he was great with them. He was gracious throughout, never tried to rush us, and was overall a lovely guy.

1. It's Orlando
2. It's Disney
3. He may be slightly on spectrum
4. References to older mediocre movies are lost on 90% of the world's population.
5. I always give the manager a head's up on any flakes we get, my family owns restaurants and they'd want to know. Not to mention the possibility he may have a substance abuse problem they need to deal with.

4. References to older mediocre movies are lost on 90% of the world's population.
04/01/2002 book Queen Bees and Wannabes by Rosalind Wiseman released
04/30/2004 Mean Girls film opened, based on the 2002 book
04/08/2018 Mean Girls musical opened on Broadway
09/21/2019 Mean Girls musical national (US) tour began
Nov 2023 actresses from Mean Girls film appear in a Walmart commercial
11/16/2023 Mean Girls film currently is streaming on 14 different platforms
01/12/2024 Mean Girls film based on the musical is scheduled to be released
June 2024 Mean Girls musical scheduled to open on West End in London

I can't argue with the "mediocre" because that's a subjective personal opinion.

20 yr old movie considered a cult classic and basically showcasing entitled white American chicks. Yeah really relatable. Essentially an updated 16 Candles. Not in the top 100 films, likely not top 500.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter