Anyone else collect Disney watches?

I have a few.....A Mary Poppins watch with the penguins ( of course) A Sorcerer Mickey with a gold face, and a pocket watch with the Partners statue inside and out.

I have a few too but I wear most of them. The ones I don't wear are still in the original boxes they came in.

I like how yours are displayed in that watch box. Looks nice. :thumbsup2

I have more than a few, but please don't make me count:eek: I wear most of them, but I can only wear one at a time. My poor DH has become an expert at replacing batteries in the watches that I *want* to wear that I haven't worn recently.

As far as addictions go, it's not too bad, right?

Suzi

Between DH and I we have over 50. I don't really think we collect them because we wear most of them.

We haven't been buying too many recently because they don't have as many characters to choose from. It seems the only way you can find different characters is if you buy the artist's watches and they're too expen$ive.

Count me in as a watch collector. Someday I'll have to actually count all of them. Like Suzi, I wear mine - change almost daily.

Love how you display them. I think I saw something like that at Michael's.

Cyn

My poor DH has become an expert at replacing batteries in the watches that I *want* to wear that I haven't worn recently.

Suzi

Wow.......this is good to know. :idea: I'll bring all of mine that need batteries when I come to the Pin Meet. There's only 12-15 or so. Vince will have time right?? :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Love how you display them. I think I saw something like that at Michael's.

Cyn

Bombay company sells the watch boxes in a mahogany stain If you decide to buy there, be sure to wait for a sale!! :thumbsup2

Disneyshopping.com also has the nice watch display boxes

Disneyshopping.com also has the nice watch display boxes

That is the exact watch box I have my watches in! I actually just bought another one off disneydirect.com the other day as it was on sale for 39.99. They have another watch box that is black, holds 8 watches, and they will personalize it for you as well.

Oh and I've been using ebay to find some of my older watches that have been lost or damaged. I had an aladdin watch where the genie would disappear and then reappear. That watch was lost, but I found one on ebay that was brand new! I also found a cowboy Mickey watch that I thought was really cool...but somehow that watch ended up on my mom's wrist and not in one of my boxes. :rotfl:

I miss the old tin boxes the watches use to come in, I always liked to see a new version of the tin box. :thumbsup2

Okay, did a quick count - 52 watches although I think there are still a couple in boxes somewhere. I try to remember to pull the stem out on the ones I'm not wearing so the batteries last longer (or maybe that's wishfull thinking).

Cyn

Wow.......this is good to know. :idea: I'll bring all of mine that need batteries when I come to the Pin Meet. There's only 12-15 or so. Vince will have time right?? :rotfl2: :rotfl:

~Kathie, after Vince read this he went :scared1: , then he went :faint: , then he went :lmao:

Okay, did a quick count - 52 watches although I think there are still a couple in boxes somewhere. I try to remember to pull the stem out on the ones I'm not wearing so the batteries last longer (or maybe that's wishfull thinking).

Cyn

You WIN!! I don't have anywhere near that amount of watches (I hope):rotfl:

Suzi

I bought 3 more watches last Christmas here at WDW, bringing my watch collection total close to 60. Not all of them are Disney, however....I have about 20 - 25 that are disney characters.

For Christmas 2004, my cousins bought me a watch box that holds 18. It's very nice, has a glass top too. They ordered it from a catalog whose name escapes me for the moment, but it was less expensive than the ones at The Bombay Co (my dad got one of those the same year) or Disneyshopping.com. And it holds alot more, which is important for someone like me. :lmao:

Wow, I though I had some watches, but I guess my collection needs a few more. Just a good excuse to buy another watch. :cool1:

Hey Vince, a few of my watches need batteries too! Is this service offered to all Disers? Think about it. :thumbsup2

Here are a few pics of my last purchase. I got this watch this december, it was a debate over a few, but I decided to go with this one because I wanted to get a hoodie too.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m94/smooshdog/IMG_1309-1.jpg
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m94/smooshdog/IMG_1307-1.jpg
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m94/smooshdog/IMG_1308-1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter